Disagreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

I disagree. If I had a leg shorter than the other I still would have my trousers with the same leg length, and the same for arms and sleeves.
Of course you can choose a cut that is more advantageous for your natural shape.

And about Crompton, it's evident that almost everybody here is biased against him, and no matter what he wears he's always disagreeable.

I disagree. If I had a leg shorter than the other I still would have my trousers with the same leg length, and the same for arms and sleeves.
Of course you can choose a cut that is more advantageous for your natural shape.

And about Crompton, it's evident that almost everybody here is biased against him, and no matter what he wears he's always disagreeable.
No, there is appreciation for nice cloth or other choices. The most recent post of the corduroy suit displays that.

It does not change the fact that he is a tool.

The point is that it's eminently subjective. Maybe Mr Crompton likes his sloping shoulders?
yes, I suppose it is entirely subjective because you say so. My discussions with tailors all deal with what makes me look better. But now, thanks to you and Craptom, I don’t have to worry about that.

Any advice on how I can have a suit made to give the impression that I have sloping shoulders despite not having them?

WHY???

What is the point of tailored clothing if you don’t have it fit your body?

I can't explain it, but I couldn't see a pair of trousers with a leg shorter than the other. It's borderline and I apologise in advance if I hurt somebody, but if I had only one leg, still I would wear a regular pair of trousers.

I can't explain it, but I couldn't see a pair of trousers with a leg shorter than the other. It's borderline and I apologise in advance if I hurt somebody, but if I had only one leg, still I would wear a regular pair of trousers.
If you have uneven legs, you will look like a freak. And I BET you would be doing all you could to try to minimise the freakishness, not getting OCD about having your hems line up neatly for Insta posts.

of course you cant explain it, you cant because you don’t really understand bespoke; like most of your opinions, they are a mashup of stuff you read online - you’ve never actually experienced any of these things. You are just another troll who wants to be right, no matter what it takes.

Every tailor I know will tell you clients come to them to make them look better. I’ve had endless conversations with tailors about how they work around a high shoulder, a hump, a larger breast, a guy who is 300lb, a guy with just one sloped shoulder due to an injury. These are real conversations, in person or over chat, with people I’ve commissioned work from, and not some nonsense I read on a blog. Most bespoke clients I know go to tailors so they can, through technical and artistic prowess, hide the imperfections and make them look better
Your opinion is entirely valid - it’s your opinion and everyone has one. What your opinion does not do is have a greater truth meaning than actual experiences people have had.

I am not sure what your point is because I have always said the MAN is disagreeable. Irrespective of the clothes, shoes or accessories he is wearing.

My point is that you and the vast majority here are biased and even if Mr Crompton would wear something you like, you wouldn't ever concede.

I disagree

I mean you can, but you are wrong. This isn't subjective. Tailoring is literally the art of shaping cloth for aesthetic purposes. What looks aesthetically pleasing is certainly up for debate, but the definition of tailoring is not.

This has to be one of the top five most inane things I've read on a menswear forum, which is saying something.

My point is that you and the vast majority here are biased and even if Mr Crompton would wear something you like, you wouldn't ever concede.
I like the Pirozzi corduroy suit despite that sack of shit Crompton being inside it.

Is that what you were looking for?

WHY???

What is the point of tailored clothing if you don’t have it fit your body?

That's exactly the point. If you have sloping shoulders, what does fit you better: a jacket with sloping shoulders, or one with a lot of padding making you looking like an American football player?

That's exactly the point. If you have sloping shoulders, what does fit you better: a jacket with sloping shoulders, or one with a lot of padding making you looking like an American football player?
I say this fully acknowledging that I am a complete novice in the world of high-end tailoring: you probably shouldn’t buy m2m or bespoke clothing. The thing that makes it worth spending the money commissioning work from a good tailor, having clothes made to flatter your physique, obviously isn’t what you are looking for.

I say this fully acknowledging that I am a complete novice in the world of high-end tailoring: you probably shouldn’t buy m2m or bespoke clothing. The thing that makes it worth spending the money commissioning work from a good tailor, having clothes made to flatter your physique, obviously isn’t what you are looking for.

You guys are getting sucked down and rolling in the slop. It's nothing to do with high end or bespoke or what ever. The profession of tailor is specifically the shaping of cloth to an aesthetic end. It's the literal definition. If there is no aesthetic component then what is the point of any conversation in history regarding menswear. Put on a toga and go about you business (though this has an aesthetic component too, so it's a rabbit hole). You cannot divorce aesthetics from tailoring and clearly not from a discussion of style. The fact this has to be typed out is face melting.

Also, florisgreen florisgreen gives me a poop emoji for mentioning LelandJ LelandJ Are you actually Leland? That would be the best random thought ever.

You guys are getting sucked down and rolling in the slop. It's nothing to do with high end or bespoke or what ever. The profession of tailor is specifically the shaping of cloth to an aesthetic end. It's the literal definition. If there is no aesthetic component then what is the point of any conversation in history regarding menswear. Put on a toga and go about you business (though this has an aesthetic component too, so it's a rabbit hole). You cannot divorce aesthetics from tailoring and clearly not from a discussion of style. The fact this has to be typed out is face melting.

I think that’s kind of my point. Floris doesn’t want good tailoring, he wants clothes that roughly conform to his body shape. For this, he can buy RTW and then have the waist nipped and sleeve length tweaked to meet his desired symmetry and be happy.

I think that’s kind of my point. Floris doesn’t want good tailoring, he wants clothes that roughly conform to his body shape. For this, he can buy RTW and then have the waist nipped and sleeve length tweaked to meet his desired symmetry and be happy.

That is still being shaped to look like something. Cotton and wool don't just spring up on their own and assume the shape of a human. They are constructed that way by people to look a certain way, the form they take is actively chosen.

That is still being shaped to look like something. Cotton and wool don't just spring up on their own and assume the shape of a human. They are constructed that way by people to look a certain way, the form they take is actively chosen.

sure, but in a RTW garment the form they take is actively chosen to be ‘good enough’ for a the largest portion of average body types as possible.

Anyway, I think we are basically agreeing - or I am completely missing your point. I can live with either.

Wait a minute. Just wait a minute. You guys ran off the reservation with the crompers bullshit but I’m going to need some further examination of this right here.

Is that genetic or due to poor posture/lack of exercise?

Why is this better? If you have a bigger belly, should you have high raise trousers to mask it, or accept it and have a muffin top? If you have a hump, should you also accept it, or have your tailor try to work around it? If you have one leg shorter than the other, should you have your shoemaker accommodate for it, or limp?

A significant benefit of bespeaking clothes is to make you look better, mask and lessen imperfections so you feel more confident.

Choosing a cut that goes the opposite way because it’s trendier, feels more sophisticated, or helps you peddle your business is disingenuous at best and most likely poor judgement.

This type of thinking is also common in places forums like SF and sometimes here, where you see people buy RTW or MTM, more interested in showing off the brand they have, believing that gives them credibility , instead of focusing on what looks good on them and more importantly, what doesnt

Your best post, you are improving mate.

Note women got square shoulders on the contrary and this slopped shoulders can´t be found unless a genetic issue.
Any who has studied old tailoring books before 1960´s will know, since good tailors studied anathomy to improve and the books
were plenty of sketches taken from medicine books.

Nowadays that is lost, since just a few tailors are good, the rest are fakers/scammers/narcissistic/psychopaths ( as Crap-tom) as we all know who doesn´t even qualify for the word “tailor”, let´s say fabric rippers who like to fool people to get their fresh cash with their lies, exact as Encyclopedi sellers door by door in the 80´s did, more lies per minute than the average random politician.

In fact there is a “high tailoring school” in Madrid that is proud of “ teach” in a few weeks what in Italy is taken 10 years and you can see the result
in some Spaniard blogs... a parody.

Would you dare to have a hearth bypass operation by a selfcalled "surgeon” who instead of ( I believe are 12 years) “learnt” in a Summer...?

Btw the other unforum is plenty of pathological narcissist looking for other people aproval and other mental issues, in fact the owner is a malignant narcissist or a psychopath ( diferences are minimal), is a forum only able for personality disorder study, a gold mine. Any there is a industry pro, any real Italian tailoring brand has banners ( their marketing departments said is a low income people forum and their target client are other kind of people, not freaks or igents and do not want to be related to that chinaman detritus and toxic place)

1631664670660.png

Last edited:
The ( pathological) with deep Obsessive Compulsive issues as well as narcissism/psychopathy ( lack of empathy) as other mental issues just the Dr. Levi Holzman said to us, said if he had a shorter leg than other would choose a same leg length trouser.

This ignorant who in each post shows his deep average ignorance in almost everything ( life, commerce, garments, and tailoring) is so narcissistic, with so pathological self reference thoughts ( item of control of several schyzo like disorders as Schyzotypal, Schizofrenia and so on) that made (again) a mistake.

This Spaniard politician who has one leg way shorter and needs special bespoke shoes, and not to show off as most of the badspoke and bad taste most of those got ( as this poster who is always posting bad garments), CAN´T WEAR same length trousers as well as YOU WON´T if you have born this way.

I ignore if you was born with a bad conexions brain ( as some cases), or your mental disorders come from a disadaptation mainly from a disfunctional nursing out of bad parents as in most of the cases ( I bid this one), but people who does value judgements as you are always doing, and all wrong, who MOCKS of disabled people, saying you would do one thing that as I repeat, also you would be UNABLE to do in that case ( note the pics, and in the jeans pic, he is wearing the same length getting on the shorter let the “accordion” effect with all the excess fabric there, where on the dressing trouser is cutted shorter on the shorter leg.

This is the final prove to tell you ARE AN ASSHOLE AND A MENTAL DEGENERATE WHO NEEDS ASAP MENTAL THERAPY, FOR YOUR FUTURE AND FOR THE SOCIETY. Denial of mental issues is, in fact, the prove real deep mental people does all the time.

This politician is Jose Luis Roberto, from Spain, in case some want to search for more pics. Is the only I knew with this legs issue I found.

1631667286948.png
1631667856021.png

1631670328124.png

Last edited:
If I had a leg shorter than the other I still would have my trousers with the same leg length, and the same for arms and sleeves.
WTF is this? Read it back to yourself.

When I used a bespoke tailor (Paul Fisher, Golden Shears winner, 1977) my left sleeve was a tad longer than the right. Mainly because my left arm is a tad longer than the right. You see, thats kinda the point of having a pattern made just for you. Surely its to the wearer's advantage to have his sleeves finish on his arms at the same point, or trousers at the same point? As for Cromp you can't really think that a soft shouder looks as good as the Huntsman shoulder? You need to steer clear of custom clothing, you'd most likely order something in a stupid pattern and colour and find that the 700gm overcoat cloth was the wrong choice for a 3 piece suit afterall. Like you would have been advised. You've a total novice, which would be ok if you didn't keep talking bollocks and insist on being right all the time.

Kids stuff. If I lost both my legs in a terrible car crash I would still wear a regular pair of trousers, thats how much of a hardcore trouser wearer I am.

WTF is this? Read it back to yourself.

When I used a bespoke tailor (Paul Fisher, Golden Shears winner, 1977) my left sleeve was a tad longer than the right. Mainly because my left arm is a tad longer than the right. You see, thats kinda the point of having a pattern made just for you. Surely its to the wearer's advantage to have his sleeves finish on his arms at the same point, or trousers at the same point?

Bespoke is interesting like that. I asked Cleverley for different sized shoes and they refused me. My feet aren't much different, so it wouldn't have looked odd.

I asked my tailor to make my sleeves different lengths etc, but he refused me as well. He said the sleeve will look slightly longer than the other, and hence odd. Adding too much padding in one shoulder can also make the sleeve look too long on one side.

I might weigh in....

...then again. I'm still too traumatised by the reaction to my cuff strap idea....!!!!!

Since it’s all about short legs etc. You all realise my mate Iggy Pop has one leg considerably shorter than the other and has special shoes made. And he doesn’t have a fat gut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom