Good Articles That Don't Deserve Their Own Threads

Thruth

thicker but more pliant than horsehide
Supporter
So apparently, if you dive down into the surprising job numbers and especially the 300,000 "new" jobs in healthcare, 245,000 of them are dentist's re-opening their clinics and re-hiring their laid-off staff.

Rambo

Fucked Walker In The Face
Supporter
i'm sorry. i'm really sorry. rod dreher is a fucking loon and anyone who quotes his work seriously in their work needs to be immediately discredited.

Pimpernel Smith

This pretty much nails it:

Reminds me of Chester Himes, Lonely Crusade, when I first read that in the late 1990s, there's no way I would have considered an academic in America would find themselves marginalized in a way a black American would during the war years. And with similarity in tone to that book. Prescient.

Rambo

Fucked Walker In The Face
Supporter
Again, you've miss my point.

You dismissed the article purely on the basis of it containing a quote by somebody you don't like. You didn't dismiss it because you thought it wrong.
and youve, as usual, missed mine. You cannot take a piece of work serious when it bases its premise off the work of a lunatic.

Journeyman

Supporter
Yes, saw that elsewhere this morning. It really reads like the beginning of a joke - "A duck walks into a bar..."

And then there was this line in the article: "A duck wearing a bow tie suffered injuries following a brawl with a dog in a pub in Chulmleigh, Devon, UK."

formby001

Yes, saw that elsewhere this morning. It really reads like the beginning of a joke - "A duck walks into a bar..."

And then there was this line in the article: "A duck wearing a bow tie suffered injuries following a brawl with a dog in a pub in Chulmleigh, Devon, UK."
Its a bit mad down the west country. I walked into The George and Pilgrims pub in Glastonbury about 20 yrs ago to be confronted by an Eagle Owl perched nonchalantly on the bar.

Huge thing frightened the shit out of me. Beautiful thing though

Top Bottom