Good Articles That Don't Deserve Their Own Threads

So apparently, if you dive down into the surprising job numbers and especially the 300,000 "new" jobs in healthcare, 245,000 of them are dentist's re-opening their clinics and re-hiring their laid-off staff.

i'm sorry. i'm really sorry. rod dreher is a fucking loon and anyone who quotes his work seriously in their work needs to be immediately discredited.

So apparently, if you dive down into the surprising job numbers and especially the 300,000 "new" jobs in healthcare, 245,000 of them are dentist's re-opening their clinics and re-hiring their laid-off staff.

its all just juking the stats.

here's the followup to that story if you're interested in what happened to nathan. or a good laugh at what a fucking lunatic rod dreher is.

This pretty much nails it:

Reminds me of Chester Himes, Lonely Crusade, when I first read that in the late 1990s, there's no way I would have considered an academic in America would find themselves marginalized in a way a black American would during the war years. And with similarity in tone to that book. Prescient.

Again, you've miss my point.

You dismissed the article purely on the basis of it containing a quote by somebody you don't like. You didn't dismiss it because you thought it wrong.
and youve, as usual, missed mine. You cannot take a piece of work serious when it bases its premise off the work of a lunatic.

1592131165133.png

Yes, saw that elsewhere this morning. It really reads like the beginning of a joke - "A duck walks into a bar..."

And then there was this line in the article: "A duck wearing a bow tie suffered injuries following a brawl with a dog in a pub in Chulmleigh, Devon, UK."

Yes, saw that elsewhere this morning. It really reads like the beginning of a joke - "A duck walks into a bar..."

And then there was this line in the article: "A duck wearing a bow tie suffered injuries following a brawl with a dog in a pub in Chulmleigh, Devon, UK."

Its a bit mad down the west country. I walked into The George and Pilgrims pub in Glastonbury about 20 yrs ago to be confronted by an Eagle Owl perched nonchalantly on the bar.

Huge thing frightened the shit out of me. Beautiful thing though

“Twitter is not on the masthead of The New York Times. But Twitter has become its ultimate editor,” Weiss said in a note addressed to A.G. Sulzberger that was posted on her personal site Tuesday. “Stories are chosen and told in a way to satisfy the narrowest of audiences, rather than to allow a curious public to read about the world and then draw their own conclusions.

-In exchange for $9,000, Singer’s employees completed four courses in Littlefair’s son’s name. When Singer billed her $3,000 for one of the classes, Littlefair requested a discount, saying, “The grade was a C and the experience was a nightmare.”

-Her son has resigned from his “ideal job” at the U.S. Treasury Department, his Georgetown degree has been revoked, and the Littlefair family has been publicly humiliated, Julian wrote in a sentencing memo.

-In exchange for $9,000, Singer’s employees completed four courses in Littlefair’s son’s name. When Singer billed her $3,000 for one of the classes, Littlefair requested a discount, saying, “The grade was a C and the experience was a nightmare.”

-Her son has resigned from his “ideal job” at the U.S. Treasury Department, his Georgetown degree has been revoked, and the Littlefair family has been publicly humiliated, Julian wrote in a sentencing memo.

What these scandals show that amongst a certain celebrity and socialite class, is that they recognize academic university education as nothing to do with gaining a vocational skill that can be put to good use to build on mankind's, I mean people kind's achievements, rather, it's all about connections and conniving networking.

^ Very bizarre.

From the sound of the article, it could all have been avoided if only he'd sought some medical help earlier:

Malcolm recalled: “I had struggled for years with an infection in my perineum but I had no idea what could happen.

“It spread to my fingers and toes and turned them black.

“When I saw my penis go black I was beside myself.

“It was like a horror film. I was in a complete panic.

“I knew deep down it was gone and I was going to lose it.

"Then one day it just dropped off on to the floor.

“Because I had been through the devastation of knowing I was going to lose it, I just picked it up and put it in the bin.

“I went to the hospital and they said the best they could do for me was to roll the remaining stump up like a little sausage roll. It was heartbreaking.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom