Improving DressedWell.net v2

Alright, this is theme trial #2. This theme is on the EXACT same platform as the previous theme, but I've enacted a few stylistic changes to see if people do or don't like them better:

-on mobile the user navigation buttons are in the collapsable menu to the top left. click on that and you can get to your alerts and inbox. the visible button on the right next to search is the what's new button.

-i've broken out the reactions button so its separate of the thumb button. also now it pops up in a bar instead of in a box.

-the reaction icons have the text labels on them once they're added to a post.

-i'm working on the styling for the emoji reactions FriendCustomer FriendCustomer . let me know if you think the size is off. i added the eggplant and cat heart for now just to test it out.

please let me know if you do or do not like any of these changes. again, any of these stylistic changes can be moved to the other theme that we just had.

Supporter Supporter Registered Registered

Last edited:
Like the overall design. Maybe you could use a font that gives off a more stylish/clothing forum vibe? Could you bring back the cover for the likes and whatevers?

Like the overall design. Maybe you could use a font that gives off a more stylish/clothing forum vibe? Could you bring back the cover for the likes and whatevers?
Suggestions on the font? Design is obviously not my forte. IIRC we were using helvetica before.

What do you mean by "cover" for likes?

You should be able to undo that.

How do you think we can change/improve it so that doesn't happen?

I'm having the same issue. The button seems to be right smack bang in the middle of where a right-handed person would scroll on the phone using their thumb. Is there a way you could shift it to the right more?

Also, I don't know about anyone else but the "What's New" and "Alerts" button would be better off being switched around. Having the "Alerts" (the things we're most interested in) on the main page seems to make more sense. (I'm talking about the mobile version)

Also, not that I mind much but why is my age showing up? If respect is given to seniority, I want to get in their and transform myself into an elder statesman of the board.

Last edited:
I'm having the same issue. The button seems to be right smack bang in the middle of where a right-handed person would scroll on the phone using their thumb. Is there a way you could shift it to the right more?
i'll check into it. anyone else with opinions on this? is anyone liking the separate thumb and reaction buttons?

Also, I don't know about anyone else but the "What's New" and "Alerts" button would be better off being switched around. Having the "Alerts" (the things we're most interested in) on the main page seems to make more sense. (I'm talking about the mobile version)
currently its just collapsed into the menu to give people an idea of what that's like and to see if they like it. we're going to try the alert bar at the bottom as well. i'm sure everyone will hate it but fuck it, why not give it a shot. likely we'll end up with the alerts up next to the search like normal.

Also, not that I mind much but why is my age showing up? If respect is given to seniority, I want to get in their and transform myself into an elder statesman of the board.
got rid of that.

hit me with font suggestions.

Yes, was conscious of this when I posted. I resisted because I'm not an expert and didn't want to frantically google 'most readable web fonts' and sound like I knew what I was talking about. Will ask some designers I know.

ok i put the ui.x theme back as i've noticed too many errors with the other theme. i also made the entirety of the theme the default green color but to me it looks TOO green. thoughts?

ok i put the ui.x theme back as i've noticed too many errors with the other theme. i also made the entirety of the theme the default green color but to me it looks TOO green. thoughts?

Not the right green at all. It’s too acid green or something. I like lots of shades of green but not this one.

I kinda preferred the previous colour scheme, was a bit more classy (I know, not really appropriate for this forum, but still).
is it just too much green or the green in general?

which previous one did you like better? the previous version of this was the one with the bright blue at the top

is it just too much green or the green in general?

which previous one did you like better? the previous version of this was the one with the bright blue at the top
I really dislike the green colour. Blue or grey is easier on the eyes.

Was there not a (light) grey version before this green one? Maybe it's the combination of green at the top and blue at the bottom.
Have our three "moaners" paid you a hefty sum to make it green again...?

Have our three "moaners" paid you a hefty sum to make it green again...?
come on. don't be ridiculous.

Was there not a (light) grey version before this green one?
yes i just added it back in to play around with. its v2 of the old theme. i'm trying to get the details looking the way they did in v1. this is the old blue now. color profile needs some work but i think we can get there.

ok this is the new version of the old theme. what we had originally when everyone said it was dogshit. i played around with the colors a bit and brought back the old blue but i haven't ironed out all the details yet or where and what to change to what colors.

what's everyone think of this?

still working on the reactions details and talking with the developers.

ok this is the new version of the old theme. what we had originally when everyone said it was dogshit. i played around with the colors a bit and brought back the old blue but i haven't ironed out all the details yet or where and what to change to what colors.

I really like the colour scheme that we have right now, at this very instant - a combination of black and a sort of lighter navy blue.

I do not like green (eggs and ham). Looks cheap and nasty. Blue looks right to me

what's everyone think of this?

still working on the reactions details and talking with the developers.

This is way better brosef.

Screenshot_20180501-163352.png

Is it just me or does this look like an abomination on the front page? I like DW and the general minimalist nature of the way it's presented on the screen. This looks crude and ungainly. Is the chat function that essential that it warrants a place front and centre?

View attachment 29669

Is it just me or does this look like an abomination on the front page? I like DW and the general minimalist nature of the way it's presented on the screen. This looks crude and ungainly. Is the chat function that essential that it warrants a place front and centre?
to be honest it needs a lot of work and needs to be active for me to work on it. i just haven't had the time today.

to be honest it needs a lot of work and needs to be active for me to work on it. i just haven't had the time today.

All good, mate. I'm appreciative of all the effort you've put in. Just offering some hopefully constructive criticism.

Working on the likes. Got the dev looking into it. A few people asked about making the new PM list a little more visible from the current PM's. Any other stylistic changes you guys would like to see?

When you look at the "bell" icon in the upper right corner, it shows recent posts in threads that you are have posted in/subscribed to (although it always seems to be a bit erratic - sometimes I get 12 alerts, sometimes I'll check in after a day or two and there won't be any alerts at all).

Under the old format, newer alerts that I hadn't already looked at had a little yellow asterisk to indicate that they were unread.

Under the new format, that doesn't seem to happen anymore and so it's more difficult to tell if you've already looked at a post/thread or not.

ok, couple of quick updates - the chat auto-scroll should be fixed now fxh fxh , doghouse doghouse , Fwiffo Fwiffo . should also stop asking you to load messages when you want to scroll up past the first few 50 or so previous messages.

the new PM list now shows bolded titles for unread messages, so hopefully that will help them stand out a bit more.

keep the suggestions and tweaks coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom