Improving DressedWell.net v2

When you look at the "bell" icon in the upper right corner, it shows recent posts in threads that you are have posted in/subscribed to (although it always seems to be a bit erratic - sometimes I get 12 alerts, sometimes I'll check in after a day or two and there won't be any alerts at all).
this is a function of the forum software alert system. the way its defaulted is that a new alert is given and once you "see" (click on the bell), the system feels you've seen the alert and you no longer need to be alerted. one of the frustrating things is that if you don't click on the alert and read up through the thread, it thinks you no longer need alerts for that particular thread. we're using an addon to sort of counteract that behavior.

Under the old format, newer alerts that I hadn't already looked at had a little yellow asterisk to indicate that they were unread.

Under the new format, that doesn't seem to happen anymore and so it's more difficult to tell if you've already looked at a post/thread or not.
you can click on this in the alerts list to mark the alerts as unread:

(1) Improving DressedWell.net v2 | Page 3 | DressedWell 2018-05-08 15-33-49.png

if you want to alter the way alerts are presented you can go to your account page and preferences to see the settings for alerts:

(1) Preferences | DressedWell 2018-05-08 15-35-44.png

checking alert page skips mark read should stop the annoying default behavior i mentioned above.

ok, the like system is completely fucked at the moment. these ratings addons are turning into a pain in the ass. for the moment there are no likes. bear with me while i get this fixed. you'll have to quote posts and to let people know how much you care.

The site actually seems to be getting harder to browse every time I log on. For some reason pics load in a random order, and some not at all, and the like function is just cumbersome.

Also, it would be good if *new* posts in a thread were obvious - eg having ‘new’ in the post header highlighted in red. Like it was before. Also the save draft feature seems to have disappeared from the text panel.

Basically, can we go back to the site c.March 2018? Please?? I’ll donate to make this happen.

The site actually seems to be getting harder to browse every time I log on. For some reason pics load in a random order, and some not at all, and the like function is just cumbersome.

Also, it would be good if *new* posts in a thread were obvious - eg having ‘new’ in the post header highlighted in red. Like it was before. Also the save draft feature seems to have disappeared from the text panel.

Basically, can we go back to the site c.March 2018? Please?? I’ll donate to make this happen.
Let me know if the image loading is any better now.

Ill attack some of the other things when i get back.

prince nez prince nez - i changed the new post text to red and increased the size a bit. let me know if that's any easier to read.

the save draft button isn't on mobile because it auto saves your posts every 60 seconds when you're typing. at the moment i don't have a way to get it back until the editor manager is back up and running, which may or may not happen in the near future depending on the developer who seems to have gone walkabout.

the like system is a very large work in progress. one of the addons we used seems to have run off with all of our old likes. its a mystery how this happened but i'm working with some nice people who are trying to help me get them back.

sadly there's no going back.

one of the addons we used seems to have run off with all of our old likes.

This is a fucking travesty.

...which may or may not happen in the near future depending on the developer who seems to have gone walkabout.

Drew Keith is your developer?

i changed the new post text to red and increased the size a bit. let me know if that's any easier to read.

It’s better, thanks, but the old white ‘new’ in a red box was way better still.

sadly there's no going back.

TWSS.

Registered Registered Supporter Supporter

alright, we think we got the old likes showing up now. it was a problem with one of the post ratings addons which we've since removed. do me a favor please and go through any old posts you might like or have made that have been popular and check on them. everything seems good on my end but i just want to have a few sets of eyes taking a look at it.

ok, couple of quick updates - the chat auto-scroll should be fixed now fxh fxh , doghouse doghouse , Fwiffo Fwiffo . should also stop asking you to load messages when you want to scroll up past the first few 50 or so previous messages.

the new PM list now shows bolded titles for unread messages, so hopefully that will help them stand out a bit more.

keep the suggestions and tweaks coming.

I seem to be missing 10,000+ Likes, if you just pro rata them between all my posts that will do very nicely! Thanks!

Added in the dark theme. Its a straight out the box install and i haven't had time to tinker with it yet, but i know a few of you like the ability to have a black background.

Its in the style chooser on the bottom left of the screen under DressedWell Dark.

Yes I think Friend Customer has double liked all my WAYWT posts. Can you reinstate?

quick updates:

added an icon next to the user name to make pm'ing someone easier:

Start Conversation Button.png

I'm testing a few widgets to more prominently display the donation widget on the chat and what's new page, so bear with me for a bit.

Have noticed that there seems to be an intermittent landing on the first page of a thread even if I've posted in it previously.

Have noticed that there seems to be an intermittent landing on the first page of a thread even if I've posted in it previously.
currently the default behavior to go to the first unread post. i was able to modify the previous version of the forum software to continue to take you to the last post in the thread even if you had already read that. as it stands i haven't been able to figure out how to do that with the current version. its really annoying, i know.

so i think i've got a fix for the go to last post issue. go read through a thread or conversation all the way to the last post, then go back to the main forum. when you click on it again it should jump straight to the end, or the last unread post.

just got this email. anyone interested:

DressedWell
The following message has been sent from DoveTax <guliaim@gmail.com> (IP: 95.25.211.34) via the contact form at DressedWell.
Important question
Can you! prefer something extremely new? Open and look at this website. Only there the choice of hot pussy girls for every will and completely free! They are obedient slaves, they will and want implement everything you say !
http://gov.shortcm.li/kings#Z42

What kind of English is that? The grammar and diction is so horrible it is actually painful to read.

Got word from the developer of the ratings addon that the emoji function is in beta testing. Should be coming along soon.

Registered Registered so it seems he was downplaying it to me and the addon is ready for testing. i'm going to install it tonight and i have to add in the emoji's manually. let me know what emoji's you want to add in other than poop and eggplant.

Emoji I think.
WTF-smiley.png

wtf_emoji_postkarte-r420d15c6a8764bca907fba1776f19762_vgbaq_8byvr_307.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom