Improving DressedWell.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll donate if you include a fuck off button. Not dislike, but fuck off.
fingers-crossed.jpg

Very interesting. I'll put out some feelers and see if we can't get in on the beta testing of the new like system.

Very interesting. I'll put out some feelers and see if we can't get in on the beta testing of the new like system.

If the like system is truly more robust, there may be a good chance you can label the options what you want. We could get a Fuck Yeah button instead of like.

A couple of housekeeping items to report:

-Lastly, I've had a request by a member to remove the likes system. They feel it leads to trolling and we would be better off without it. I promised I would raise it with the membership. Let me know your feelings on the matter.

Registered

Maybe make the likes or thumbs-up/down on an individual post basis and don't show them next to the username.

thank you

much abliged

i agree but i said i'd raise the issue.

one of the things we're looking at for the software upgrade to 2.0 is a more robust likes system that allows for a variety of responses, not just likes.

Xenforo 2.0 as much as you may want it, falls into the mid-range, but high quality. A canny buy. And I know diplomats who sport Xenforo 2.0 before other ranges. It says you cannot be bought.

So away with your pretence and BS.

-Lastly, I've had a request by a member to remove the likes system. They feel it leads to trolling and we would be better off without it. I promised I would raise it with the membership. Let me know your feelings on the matter.

Registered

Good idea. I was reading an article the other day and apparently the likes/dislikes system is used on various social media to detrimental effect because it can alter ones behaviour whereby they write things to get the approval of others or where people keep checking forums and social media to see how many likes they get. Therefore the likes system can control people's behaviour by influencing what they write and make them dependent on the high that comes from checking the number of likes they get. Eventhough the function is meanlingless but can be fun, the real issue is that it's not really a healthy influence imo. It can cause a dependence on the need to be validated, and that can spur on addiction.

Good idea. I was reading an article the other day and apparently the likes/dislikes system is used on various social media to detrimental effect because it can alter ones behaviour whereby they write things to get the approval of others or where people keep checking forums and social media to see how many likes they get. Therefore the likes system can control people's behaviour by influencing what they write and make them dependent on the high that comes from checking the number of likes they get. Eventhough the function is meanlingless but can be fun, the real issue is that it's not really a healthy influence imo. It can cause a dependence on the need to be validated, and that can spur on addiction.

If you derive meaning from your life based on "likes" received on dressedwell, odds are you've got other big problems that will get you long before this website will.

sorry chief, but the total number of likes is of no consequence. the real measure is ones like to post ratio (minimum 1000 posts).

True. An effective parameter to look at However it is unofficial.

But I am sure a donation would enable Grand Potentate Grand Potentate to include higher level metrics.

Monkeyface Monkeyface still trails prince nez prince nez and many others in the Likes/Post metric.

He has 1.12 L/P (4600 posts) while Prince Nez has a 2.85 L/P ratio (2400 posts)

Way behind your your 3.82 L/P, of course (1724 posts)

ConchitaWurst ConchitaWurst has a 2.63 L/P ratio but it represents volume, quality & consistency as he has over 3x the number of posts you do (5680 posts)

The late, great LKP had a 2.45 on 4988 messages.

Others in no particular order:

Grand Potentate Grand Potentate 0.49 on 26000 posts
doghouse doghouse 0.92 on 8500
LelandJ 0.49 on 5800
Journeyman 1.07 on 2700
fxh 0.91 on 4800
John Lee Pettimore III John Lee Pettimore III 1.02 on 1263
The Shooman The Shooman 1.32 on 1200
Thruth Thruth 1.23 on 18000
Fwiffo Fwiffo 0.32 on 5000 messages

But I am sure a donation would enable Grand Potentate Grand Potentate to include higher level metrics.

Monkeyface Monkeyface still trails prince nez prince nez and many others in the Likes/Post metric.

ConchitaWurst ConchitaWurst has a 2.63 L/P ratio but it represents volume, quality & consistency as he has over 3x the number of posts you do (5680 posts)

LelandJ 0.49 on 5800
Journeyman 1.07 on 2700
fxh 0.91 on 4800

Why you gotta do me like that?

LelandJ 0.49 on 5800
Journeyman 1.07 on 2700
fxh 0.91 on 4800

Top desktop research!

Olol no one likes Fwiffo Fwiffo 's posts

I'm not interested in empathy from a group of anonymous men in an online clothing forum.

If anything it just says I need to find something to do with my time.

LelandJ 0.49 on 5800
Journeyman 1.07 on 2700
fxh 0.91 on 4800
You're doing God's work! Thank you!

Status