Its The Economy, Stupid - Economic & Business News From Around The World

interesting read for the comments on the reddit link. harris is completely useless as always.

What does she want? The American Dream is something you have to work for. It's not handed to you freely.

America is ruthless - yes, that's why they are number one. They certainly didn't get there doing philanthropy and joining hands with everyone around a camp fire singing kumbaya whilst handing out benjamins.

20K is not crippling student debt. It's bad for credit card debt but not student debt. And didn't the current President suspend interest payments for the second time?

First generation immigrants always work harder to set up a life. If you don't want to work, go back to your sh@thole country and take your 49 percent effective free sinovac vaccine and wait for the home government or Chinese subsidised corporation to give you a handout or equally meaningless job.

take your 49 percent effective free sinovac vaccine and wait for the home government or Chinese subsidised corporation to give you a handout or equally meaningless job.

She is from Lithuania, part of the EU. So probably AZ, Moderna and Pfizer.
Lithuania has a life expectancy of 79.1, slightly above that of the US at 78.8.

The Lithuanian health system is a mixed system, predominantly funded from the National Health Insurance Fund through a compulsory health insurance scheme, supplemented by substantial state contributions on behalf of the economically inactive population amounting to about half of its budget.

Lower than the national rate of infection.

Although I reckon total employees includes back office workers who aren't normally exposed.

We've had low interest rates forever. The money had to go somewhere so it's sloshing around in equities and real estate. Without an unlimited cash supply the prices wouldn't inflate quite like this. Unless you have corporate or government rules to stash a certain percentage in fixed income I assure you no one is amassing money in those assets that offer returns of near zero or way below the rate of inflation or in the case of certain bonds having negative yields.

There are consequences to all the quantitative easing and low interest public policies which really never stopped since the beginning of the Great Recession.

this is fucking wild

That reminds me of the UK in the 1990s, it use to be only London and the south east where the price of property was insane and then a lot of places in the provinces went crazy almost overnight, like Chester. Suddenly, the prime conversation at dinner parties was how much you had made on your property this last six months or year. In most cases, it was quite a bit more than the average salary. It seems to have settled now. But it spoilt the benefit of being middle class in the provinces, where you had much cheaper property than in the south east and massive disposable income compared to those living in London. That's leveled out somewhat and not in a good way.

"With surging coronavirus cases and hospitalizations, many schools going virtual (again) and parents of kids who are still in school living in constant fear that this will change, workers are having a hard time holding on to their jobs."

Okay, women who are parents or former working mothers.

"While some women who have left the workforce aren't earning income at all, others have turned to the informal economy, listing their homes on Airbnb, posting racy images on OnlyFans or driving for ride-sharing companies like Uber to pay the bills.."

Parents/working mothers are posting racy images on OnlyFans to make money? How big is the market for this?

That green curtain might be a fire hazard with that type of light.

The idiots keep voting in progressives and wonder why they can't afford the cost of living.

According to you we must have a major reduction in the quality of life in order to save the planet from burning to a crisp, if it is not already beyond that point. So whatever Trudeau is doing is likely a means to an end you already agree with.

According to you we must have a major reduction in the quality of life in order to save the planet from burning to a crisp, if it is not already beyond that point. So whatever Trudeau is doing is likely a means to an end you already agree with.
I never said that and you are incredibly weak in reading and language skills.

Surround yourself with winners and strivers. I do! Shed people that want to drag you down to their miserable level. Don't be above doing any kind of work and budget accordingly. If Ontario has no prospects, Move!

Also very funny reading the people who say capitalism failed on reddit.

Last edited:
Surround yourself with winners and strivers. I do!
name one. fwiffo doesn't count.

Shed people that want to drag you down to their miserable level.
good advice.

Don't be above doing any kind of work
are you going to be doing sex work?

and budget accordingly.
can't budget your way into a place to live if you're making minimum wage arny!

If Ontario has no prospects, Move!
a free and simple activity that all can undertake easily. wonderful advice.

Also very funny reading the people who say capitalism failed on reddit.
is that biting satire i see? you're a regular tom wolfe arny!

name one. fwiffo doesn't count.

good advice.

are you going to be doing sex work?

can't budget your way into a place to live if you're making minimum wage arny!

a free and simple activity that all can undertake easily. wonderful advice.

is that biting satire i see? you're a regular tom wolfe arny!
A great man once said the world needs ditch diggers.

Wasn't that Castro since ditch diggers and docs earn the same in Cuba?
That reminds of the Soviet Union, nobody wanted to be a doctor or take up a profession, the name of the game if you wanted to get ahead was work in the shoe section of what passed for a department store.

That reminds of the Soviet Union, nobody wanted to be a doctor or take up a profession, the name of the game if you wanted to get ahead was work in the shoe section of what passed for a department store.
capitalism fails every 20 years yet one time communism failed and you never shut the fuck up about it.

We've failed? I thought we won. Even the Chinese communists are capitalists at heart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom