Kirby Allison appreciation thread

Honestly I can't see anything so terrible in that video: my impression is that many attacks towards Kirby Allison, as well as towards Hugo Jacomet and Simon Crompton, are rather biased, and no matter what they do or wear they are always wrong and worth to be criticised.

Honestly I can't see anything so terrible in that video: my impression is that many attacks towards Kirby Allison, as well as towards Hugo Jacomet and Simon Crompton, are rather biased, and no matter what they do or wear they are always wrong and worth to be criticised.

They do deserve it, and way more. lol

Footballers need to be able to play football, boxers have to be able to box, singers must have good voices. So representatives of clothing and style- that is those who parade themselves as such- must look the part and know how to play that game.

Neither Kirby nor Hugo have got a clue. They are bad for the business.

Footballers need to be able to play football, boxers have to be able to box, singers must have good voices. So representatives of clothing and style- that is those who parade themselves as such- must look the part and know how to play that game.

Neither Kirby nor Hugo have got a clue. They are bad for the business.

As Sarto has explanied years and years, and he went to learn tailoring himself, those degenerates are intruders who just want fresh cash out of lies and fooling dumbs who follow internet hypes.

Those bloggers share something in common, all do punctuate quite high on so called Cluster B and Dark Triad: Psychopathy, Narcissism, Maquiavelism.

Liars ( and tackys) who can´t id a plastic button from a mother of pearl.

As Sarto has explanied years and years, and he went to learn tailoring himself, those degenerates are intruders who just want fresh cash out of lies and fooling dumbs who follow internet hypes.

Those bloggers share something in common, all do punctuate quite high on so called Cluster B and Dark Triad: Psychopathy, Narcissism, Maquiavelism.

Liars ( and tackys) who can´t id a plastic button from a mother of pearl.
You’re sarto you kooky motherfucker!

What an obsession you have, are you obsessive compulsive disordered?
94D2CCAA-4CFA-41F0-A73A-61CAF86839AC.png

Kirby being somewhat more daring here, certainly better than in his ubiquitous dark grey.

Screenshot (557).png
Screenshot (558).png

Again, a too long tie, in addition with a penor, looks horrible. If it's too long, you just have to tie a complex knot (already a half-Windsor will shorten it notably), taking more length.

The clown is wearing a collar and tie with a wristwatch. He hasn’t even rolled his sleeves up. Fancy dressing gown for the full Noel Coward image.
Absurd. But highly skilled shaving. Not a spot of soap splattering anywhere. I'd like to see him deal with bacon and eggs with lots of HP sauce in that get-up.

Kirby has a very VERY interesting video here featuring Alan Flusser. Have only watched up to 22 mins, but it is excellent so far, especially the part where Alan explains why he wears those crazy outfits that he does and why all classic clothing works.

Worth watching. Good one Kirby.

Kirby has a very VERY interesting video here featuring Alan Flusser. Have only watched up to 22 mins, but it is excellent so far, especially the part where Alan explains why he wears those crazy outfits that he does and why all classic clothing works.

Worth watching. Good one Kirby.

Fluster is over rated and badly dressed.

He praises the navy striped suit but the stripes don’t line up and the cloth is crippled around the shoulder and top of the arm. Flusser mentions the buttonhole instead - a good distraction technique.

Kirby looks fantastic in that video, Flusser did a great job. The conversation inn that video is also top class.

Fluster is over rated and badly dressed.

He praises the navy striped suit but the stripes don’t line up and the cloth is crippled around the shoulder and top of the arm. Flusser mentions the buttonhole instead - a good distraction technique.
It really is necessary to cut Flussy down to size like this. How on earth can someone who dresses so badly himself offer advice and even suggest rules in the field of menswear and style!

Perhaps its because of Flusser that any clown such as Kirby and Berkhead can start to offer advice. So let's see Flussy as the Fluster he indeed is as you intimate and leave style advice to the real big daddies we all know and love .

I feel sorry for the shoemaker for having to be put in an awkward situation like that. i WONDER OVER AND OVER WHAT THE SHOEMAKER MUST BE THINKING. I am sure he will never forget it. You don't get online and do stuff like that. You want people to feel comfortable. Kirby comes across as eccentric and out of touch. Save it for your type of people Kirby, not for common guys.

I feel Kirby had a few and probably thought, what the heck, l am going to do whatever l want tonight. He let it all hang out. The shoemaker certainly got an eye full tonight.

I feel sorry for the shoemaker for having to be put in an awkward situation like that. i WONDER OVER AND OVER WHAT THE SHOEMAKER MUST BE THINKING. I am sure he will never forget it. You don't get online and do stuff like that. You want people to feel comfortable. Kirby comes across as eccentric and out of touch. Save it for your type of people Kirby, not for common guys.

I feel Kirby had a few and probably thought, what the heck, l am going to do whatever l want tonight. He let it all hang out. The shoemaker certainly got an eye full tonight.
Kirby is angling for a role in Downton Abbey.

He will play the gauche but monied American that makes the Countess of Grantham look very refined.

The Dowager countess will make her disapproval known with a few sarcastic quips.

Kirby is angling for a role in Downton Abbey.

He will play the gauche but monied American that makes the Countess of Grantham look very refined.

The Dowager countess will make her disapproval known with a few sarcastic quips.
I can get behind this

Save it for your type of people Kirby, not for common guys.

You mean, absolute tossers?

I must admit that I don't understand how you can go on about all of this "to the manner born" stuff and what makes a gentleman, Shooey, but then you seem to possess inexplicable affection for Kirby, even though he often acts in a gauche and quite cringe-inducing manner.

You mean, absolute tossers?

I must admit that I don't understand how you can go on about all of this "to the manner born" stuff and what makes a gentleman, Shooey, but then you seem to possess inexplicable affection for Kirby, even though he often acts in a gauche and quite cringe-inducing manner.

To paraphrase Ulysses McGill, Journeyman, it's a fool that looks for logic in the chambers of Shooey's heart.

This is so gay. I bet the cam guy was wondering what the fuck he'd got himself into. I just hope the music was dubbed in afterwards for his sake. 11 minutes in and on and Kirby is cringe as fuck. You might want a bucket while you watch it, not you though Shooey. You'll need an old sock.

This video was cringeworthy too when Kirby said some dumb stuff about smelling the quality of the leather. The look on the salesman's face was priceless....the salesman looked at Kirby as if he was from Mars. Have never forgotten it. Kirby was none the wiser, which made it even more cringeworthy.

Kirby has also dropped some clangers in other shoe videos where he asks really silly questions which expose his lack of shoe knowledge basics. None-the-less, he has gotten better.

Eventhough Kirby has some cringe moments, l like him because he is a guy who enjoys his life. He likes good stuff. He also employs people and is unusual.

Yeah, a genuine cock. I dunno, he seems to want to project an image to me. Just another #menswear guy trying to get attention. This one is a bit to pompous for me. He did a fairly recent write up of how to clean shoes in a magazine that was a reharsh of the same old information in a hundred articles before his. Its rare I find any of these writers have anything to say that can hold my interest these days. Boyer is an exception, and maybe thats because he writes about clothes within a story context rather than; I went here, he did that, this is the result format.

Perhaps I've been round the houses too many times? The subjects within #menswear have been done to death after a couple of years reading this stuff. And I suspect #menswear writers know this and its why their flogging of a deadhorse has moved into YT.

I'm more of a lookbook kinda guy I think. I always look forward to companies new season lookbooks. No waffle, just nice clothes put together well.

Yeah, a genuine cock. I dunno, he seems to want to project an image to me. Just another #menswear guy trying to get attention. This one is a bit to pompous for me. He did a fairly recent write up of how to clean shoes in a magazine that was a reharsh of the same old information in a hundred articles before his. Its rare I find any of these writers have anything to say that can hold my interest these days. Boyer is an exception, and maybe thats because he writes about clothes within a story context rather than; I went here, he did that, this is the result format.

Perhaps I've been round the houses too many times? The subjects within #menswear have been done to death after a couple of years reading this stuff. And I suspect #menswear writers know this and its why their flogging of a deadhorse has moved into YT.

I'm more of a lookbook kinda guy I think. I always look forward to companies new season lookbooks. No waffle, just nice clothes put together well.

I mean, I'm not a fan or anything. Certainly not wasting time on the videos. But more power to him for doing what he wants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom