Labor News, Union News, Workplace Stories, & How The Working Man Continually Gets Fucked Over

Nothing wrong with aspirational organisational goals.

At least this one is more concrete and achievable than Google's original mantra.
Wel when they’re literally breaking their workers down then I’d say there’s a problem.

E55C020D-DD82-422E-AC19-81DA3B142C9C.jpeg

Maybe their corporate policy ought to be hiring single orphaned young men. No maternity leaves. No children. No spouses. No parents with chronic illnesses. No personal health complications pending successful health checkup upon contract signing.

I've been watching several working craftsman rates in UK for the engineering construction industry and also offshore rates in the North Sea. In the fabrication shops the rates are the same as they were in the late 1980s. No change in 30+ years. On site, same as there were 20 years ago, with per diems if you're working away from home that don't cover a hotel cost at all (i.e. GBP 40.00), let alone breakfast or evening meal . The only way you can make it work is 7 days a week, 70+ hours. Welcome to the working week...

Some of the offshore rates through agencies being offered for skilled workers on the oil rigs is GBP 20.00. You will get that 12hrs a day for 2 weeks or whatever the rotation is. But for a half a year you won't be working. So that translates into GBP 10.00 an hour pro-rota over the year when you're not working. Shocking.

A lot of the offshore skills can translate well into the windfarm industry, in fact, it's the same people, but I notice they all complain the rates are historically lower than oil & gas, by quite a margin.

The UK is a unique island culture, I choose not to live there, for several reasons, I love it, I hate it, but they really do not respect their working class. Skilled or semi-skilled. They really take the piss out of them, whilst brutalising them as well.

This is interesting and exposes the inherent racism in the progressive ideology, only the young professional white folk are interested in turning up for work:

Only white young males from affluent backgrounds can afford 5 days a week at work?

Quite frankly before we had VPN, cloud, remote work, you were expected to be at work Monday to Friday regardless of race, creed, social stature or whatever diversity. We didn't even have Uber back then. If the rail line was disrupted by snow we found some crazy way to show up even if it was hours later.

But I guess that was when people worked for the organisation. Now it is every man for himself.

Only white young males from affluent backgrounds can afford 5 days a week at work?

Quite frankly before we had VPN, cloud, remote work, you were expected to be at work Monday to Friday regardless of race, creed, social stature or whatever diversity. We didn't even have Uber back then. If the rail line was disrupted by snow we found some crazy way to show up even if it was hours later.

But I guess that was when people worked for the organisation. Now it is every man for himself.
It's always been a rat race...but as with the civil servants in the UK, there's a large element who want to toss it off at home.

From my perspective, hybrid working is the future, but there are issues working from home...

Like you get asked to drop the kids off and before you know it, an hour plus of your working day has been lost ferrying them around.

The suit factory I was at asked me if I knew anyone who could work there. Due to COVID, they've had a large number of workers quit, retire, move, etc.. They haven't even gotten to patterns I left with them in March.

The suit factory I was at asked me if I knew anyone who could work there. Due to COVID, they've had a large number of workers quit, retire, move, etc.. They haven't even gotten to patterns I left with them in March.
Think retirement/early retirement is likely a big element in the shortages of labour opening up after Covid.

A colleague of mine came through Schipol on Monday and the delays in immigration were reported in the news and he was a couple of hours getting his luggage and coming through customs and he was grilled like never before. He was really pissed-off.

The question is it a terminal malaise or can our economies rev-up to where we were before?

Last edited:

"The Dutch social affairs minister has been criticised across the political spectrum for suggesting young jobless people from depressed French suburbs could take up jobs in the Netherlands."

"The Dutch social affairs minister has been criticised across the political spectrum for suggesting young jobless people from depressed French suburbs could take up jobs in the Netherlands."
The Dutch politicans are very quick to save the world, but then it back fires at the intersection of virtue signalling hitting reality.

Right now, they have 40,000 refugees living in tents and sleeping on chairs, 14,000 of them by law should be in government housing. But there's no government housing to put them in and no budget either. The local councils don't want them and they're passing laws to force them onto local government. There's not enough housing for locals and for subsidized housing the waiting list is decades long. There's a million unemployed here, another million working part-time who would like to work full-time and to the back-drop of all of that, the minister wants a scheme to import the dissafected youths of the French suburbs into the country. What could possibly go wrong?

It's no wonder they're committed and pushing ahead with the plan to close down 30% of the farms in the Netherlands by compulsory measures to rewild the land that the Dutch once reclaimed from the sea.

The Dutch politicans are very quick to save the world, but then it back fires at the intersection of virtue signalling hitting reality.

Right now, they have 40,000 refugees living in tents and sleeping on chairs, 14,000 of them by law should be in government housing. But there's no government housing to put them in and no budget either. The local councils don't want them and they're passing laws to force them onto local government. There's not enough housing for locals and for subsidized housing the waiting list is decades long. There's a million unemployed here, another million working part-time who would like to work full-time and to the back-drop of all of that, the minister wants a scheme to import the dissafected youths of the French suburbs into the country. What could possibly go wrong?

It's no wonder they're committed and pushing ahead with the plan to close down 30% of the farms in the Netherlands by compulsory measures to rewild the land that the Dutch once reclaimed from the sea.
Questions:

What’s the difference between the local council and the local government?

Are they proposing to build subsidized housing? Or just housing of any kind?

What’s the real estate market like over there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom