Labor News, Union News, Workplace Stories, & How The Working Man Continually Gets Fucked Over

Questions:

What’s the difference between the local council and the local government?

Are they proposing to build subsidized housing? Or just housing of any kind?

What’s the real estate market like over there?
Local council/government the same thing.

They want more social and subsidised housing, but as you can read, it's right mess as they can't quite decide how many and who has to take on the responsibility and to what extent:

The real estate market has just peaked, the increase in interest rates will likely cool the market somewhat, but not by much.

"I'm worried about what it would mean to put another organization in the middle of our relationship, an organization that does not have a deep understanding of Apple or our business,"

Pimpernel Smith Pimpernel Smith you know this Kay Burley twat?

She interviews everyone like that. It's the Brit Sky News house style, another similar creature, is Beth Rigby.

Both of them were partying it up during lock downs now they chastise politicians in interviews over party gate asking them shrilly ''Why haven't you resigned?'' And when challenged why they haven't resigned they retort ''I offered to resign!''

They revamped Kay Burley a couple of years ago with plastic surgery, so they could squeeze a few more years out of her.

As for the RMT they seem to be taking the Arthur Scargill politicized route on the strikes, which is a bad move. Job losses appear inevitable and there's no stomach with the public for ever more expensive rail services and the restrictive practices are not a good look.

As for the RMT they seem to be taking the Arthur Scargill politicized route on the strikes, which is a bad move. Job losses appear inevitable and there's no stomach with the public for ever more expensive rail services and the restrictive practices are not a good look.
what do you think the public will think of this?

8BD342AB-A238-4677-AFF0-110BD7643060.jpeg

I barely wanted to work even when getting paid when I was young. I can't imagine working in the food business for free.

I barely wanted to work even when getting paid when I was young. I can't imagine working in the food business for free.
The whole internship gig is a racket to keep working class folks out of the club. If you're working for free, someone is sponsoring you.

watching this stupid cunt get punched in the face made me legitimately happy for the first time all week.

Gen Z are quitters. So were Gen Y/millennial. I wasn't around when Gen X was coming of age but I reckon the comments were about the same.

"Stoppelman, who described hybrid work as the 'worst of both worlds' and even dubbed it 'hell'"

Instead of worst of two bad worlds you get one bad world.

Fucking over the farmers:

Top comment:

Rik Spapens

1 day ago
Some relevant Dutch history: During the last winter of the world war II the Netherlands experienced a big famine. We call it "de hongerwinter". After the war all policy was focussed on increasing food yields by world leading research and technology to make sure this would never happen to us again. We even managed to create a whole new province out of the sea that is still mostly used for agriculture. This is how the small Netherlands became the 2nd largest exporter of food in the world. Our willingness to destroy that which our ancesters have worked so hard to create for these globalist top-down climate dictates is a disgrace.
UNQUOTE

"In 2020, Infosys co-founder Narayana Murthy had also faced criticism for suggesting that Indians work for a minimum of 64 hours a week for two to three years to compensate for the economic slowdown caused by the coronavirus lockdown."

Which is better? 18 hours per day or 64 hours per week? Reckon you can't choose which days to work to make the target number.

Of course you Indians are not as great as Google's Marissa Mayer. Her 130 hour work weeks is why the US is ahead.

That's interesting. I remember reading about Google's support workers during the worst of coronavirus and how the only people who had consistent jobs were the security guards. All the shuttle bus drivers, cooks, etc. were SOL because no one came to the office.

fuck jay-z

Mega rich guy doesn't want to give his wealth away. Nothing unusual there.

He's quite correct though, better policies and partnerships that empower entrepreneurship, than waiting on the government welfare check of reparations and affirmative anti-poverty initiatives that will do little other than hand out dole money.

"Understandably, throughout the last two years, attrition rates have shot up. In 2021, 64.6% of retail workers, a whopping 86.3% of accommodation and food service workers, and just under 40% of manufacturing workers quit their jobs. While safety – and overall misery – were leading factors, they weren’t the only reasons for the mass exodus. People also crave stability, which is difficult to come by in a low-wage job: one 2019 study found that minimum wage jobs have a turnover rate more than twice the US national average."

"Amazon announced a hiring push and said it would pay $1,000 bonuses for warehouse and transport jobs. Hilton Hotels began offering sign-on bonuses of $500 and more for room attendants and other staff.
'I do think employers need to react not just by increasing wages and providing sign-on bonuses, but also, for example, by scheduling employees in different ways,' says Dwertmann. 'Making sure that there's some predictability for employees in terms of when they have to come in, and how many hours they get to work, so that they can, for example, manage childcare.'"

Wouldn't everyone want the same shifts & hours if they need to accommodate their kids? It's not like school and kids are on staggered hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom