Music Of The Moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOZDKlpybZE

Saw a Kate Bush tribute in a Kingston pub. It was free and they were surprisingly good.

I always liked Kate and she seemed a decent sort that retired from the spotlight to raise a family.

I don’t usually listen to the music of my youth but pals told me about this one and it was a pub I don’t frequent. Decent pint of Adnams too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOZDKlpybZE

Saw a Kate Bush tribute in a Kingston pub. It was free and they were surprisingly good.

I always liked Kate and she seemed a decent sort that retired from the spotlight to raise a family.

I don’t usually listen to the music of my youth but pals told me about this one and it was a pub I don’t frequent. Decent pint of Adnams too.

Kate was wonderful, but sadly she got all mumsified. Still, got the talent, but her voice from the recent live album lacked the range. An associate of mine who alleged to have been at her country gaff at a party stated ''Everyone thinks she's really articulate with a brilliant mind, but really she's an absolute space cadet and can't string a sentence togther!'' I'll never know the truth on that and she still has that feminine mystique.

More blasts from the past:

This kid is 15 and he matches it with the best bass trombone players in the world. He is INCREDIBLE!!! Listen to it from 4 mins to the end. Those Swiss brass players are amazing.

I've been following him for a few years and he is totally brilliant.

Here he is when he was 17 with this mind blowing performance. World class!

Last edited:

Anderson’s solo work eclipses nearly everything he did with the band.

Never forgave him for slagging off Paul Weller in an interview saying his output was what you played when you were making music to pay for your next swimming pool.

Harsh, but true.

Actually I’ve been on such an Anderson kick the last few days I’m going to buy his autobiog for some vacation reading.

Whats the story with The Waterboys? - they were never big here and I haven't heard that much but everything I've heard from them has been better than most

They had a bit of a cult following. I was a never big fan, I liked a couple of tracks, especially Old England. Saw them live and whilst the musician ship and singing was top notch, I didn't catch feel much charisma from the lead singer.

The new album is excellent though and this is a good one about Mick Jones:

I've alway thought Kid Creole was sadly unappreciated.

They never made it big in America and he was verging on being perceived as a novelty act in the UK at the time of their biggest success. Very underrated and I noticed the band is playing a festival later here in the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom