And the humidity we'd breathe,
We'd watch the lightning crack over canefields
Laugh and think, this is Australia

Fwiffo Fwiffo
Out on the patio we'd sit,
And the humidity we'd breathe,
We'd watch the lightning crack over canefields
Laugh and think, this is Australia

This was the last hit song I listened to from an Aussie.

Guess it would be appropriate to listen to The Boss Tuesday night, when we celebrate Trump’s humiliating defeat.

I hate it when celebs say dumb shit like that.

Phil Collins made the mistake of saying he would move to Switzerland if Tony Blair won the election 1997. In the run up to that election the MSM was totally onboard with Blair's Third Way and they turned viciously against Collins. Before that he was the lovable, radio friendly pop/rock musician who was in Buster with never a bad word said against him. After that the MSM aligned themselves with Britpop and Collins did indeed end up in Switzerland unloved.

Tommy Lee says he will go back to Greece where he was born. ololo

They must have an understanding, being that they tour a lot, that the average person in Europe earns less than the US equivalent and lives in much shittier housing as regards space.

Meanwhile, a few hundred million Americans are praying trump doesn’t win because of the threat he poses to their safety, health and income. They don’t have a second passport in the back pocket or a fast track to buy their way into citizenship somewhere else.

Last edited:
They must have an understanding, being that they tour a lot, that the average person in Europe earns less than the US equivalent and lives in much shittier housing as regards space.

It's all smoke blowing just as it was last election with all the dumbfuck celebrities threatening to leave. Just a new slew of them

Meanwhile, a few hundred million Americans are praying trump doesn’t win because of the threat he poses to their safety, health and income. They don’t have a second passport in the back pocket or a fast track to buy their way into citizenship somewhere else.

I preferred the Boss before he took up weight lifting, had his hair transplant and recent brush with botox and fillers....

I'm not a fan of Springy, but, oddly, Tunnel of Love is one of my favourite albums. Very good live performer though.

Tunnel of Love is chronically underrated. His best work by a mile.

Meanwhile I'm on a Social D kick.

I believe, on tour, he rarely plays any of the tracks off it.

I saw him on that tour in Sheffield and he played a fair few songs off it. The concert was about 6 or 7 hours as I remember. Saw him on that Ghost of Tom Joad tour acoustic by himself and that was good. That was Manchester and the first night of the tour there were desperate Springsteen fans outside offering outrageous amounts for tickets.

I believe, on tour, he rarely plays any of the tracks off it.

Yeah, partially because of the subject ( his divorce) and the fact he cut that pretty much solo with Nils and not his band.

I just put Tunnel of Love on my music player. The only songs I have in rotation from him come off that album.

Yeah, partially because of the subject ( his divorce) and the fact he cut that pretty much solo with Nils and not his band.

I just put Tunnel of Love on my music player. The only songs I have in rotation from him come off that album.

Yes, its a very personal album, which is probably why I like it.

I saw him on that tour in Sheffield and he played a fair few songs off it. The concert was about 6 or 7 hours as I remember. Saw him on that Ghost of Tom Joad tour acoustic by himself and that was good. That was Manchester and the first night of the tour there were desperate Springsteen fans outside offering outrageous amounts for tickets.

Well, if it was the Tunnel of Love Tour, there's a pretty good chance that he'll have been playing tracks off it. I'm talking about subsequent tours since its release which was '87 IIRC.

Phil Collins made the mistake of saying he would move to Switzerland if Tony Blair won the election 1997. In the run up to that election the MSM was totally onboard with Blair's Third Way and they turned viciously against Collins. Before that he was the lovable, radio friendly pop/rock musician who was in Buster with never a bad word said against him. After that the MSM aligned themselves with Britpop and Collins did indeed end up in Switzerland unloved.

Off the top of my head I can't think of another artist who was as much listened to, and equally. as much reviled as Phil Collins. I remember those two idiots from Oasis having a pop at him. Whether you like his music or not, Collins is a talented musician, arranger and songwriter and has more talent in his little finger than the Gallagher brothers combined.

Not a high bar I know.

Off the top of my head I can't think of another artist who was as much listened to, and equally. as much reviled as Phil Collins. I remember those two idiots from Oasis having a pop at him. Whether you like his music or not, Collins is a talented musician, arranger and songwriter and has more talent in his little finger than the Gallagher brothers combined.

Not a high bar I know.

U2 had a go too:

It's a close race between who is the biggest stereotypical Dublin gobshite: Bono or Geldof.

seriously this is too good for a tv show.

Chapter 1: 0:00- Hey, Mando! 2:14- Face to Face 7:28- Back for Beskar 9:55- HammerTime 12:12- Blurg Attack 13:37- You Are a Mandalorian 17:34- Bounty Droid 20:34- The Asset 22:09- The Mandalorian Chapter 2: 25:25- Walking on Mud 27:06- Jawas Attack 30:53- Trashed Crest 33:11- To the Jawas 34:46- The Egg 37:41- The Mudhorn 40:41- Celebration 44:14- The Next Journey Chapter 3: 46:47- A New Day 52:19- Mandalore Way 55:41- Signet Forging 57:44- Second Thoughts 1:02:03- Whistling Bird 1:04:26- Mando Rescue 1:06:40- I Need One of Those Chapter 4: 1:08:17- The Ponds of Sorgan 1:11:28- Off the Grid 1:13:16- Can I Feed Him? 1:16:50- Training the Plebs 1:20:01- Camp Attack 1:22:24- Spirit of the Woods 1:27:35- Stay 1:29:56- Mando Says Goodbye Chapter 5: 1:31:16- Warm or Cold 1:32:56- Bright Eyes 1:34:37- Stuck with Me Now 1:37:04- Speederbikes 1:38:25- Raiders 1:39:46- Night Riders 1:43:16- The Hangar 1:49:22- Farewell

I'd rather listen to Phil than U2 any day.
And - unlike youse two - I know what I'm talking about

I like the moody stuff he does solo and with Genesis. His Motown tinged stuff, not so much, but as said, he's a great musician, arranger and songwriter, and when the late Neil Peart says you're a good drummer, you're a fucking good drummer.

U2's last good album was Achtung Baby (1991), some of their early 80s stuff is good too. However, they've been an irrelevance for a long time, once they started to ring the White House up on stage they disappeared up their own fundamental orifices. Game over.

Some Collins compositions:

Weird time signature here:

And of course the song that defined the sound of the 80s. The gated reverb.

His Motown stuff was unfortunate. Not even a pale imitation. Still Kylie did Locomotion. So us Australians can’t hold our head up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom