NBA 2023-2024 Season

Toronto brings back same core players with plan to wreak havoc on court

"Compared to the above teams, the Raptors' off-season barely made a peep. When they tip off their season at home against the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday night (7:30 p.m. ET), it'll be mostly the same cast of characters.

The starters will likely be Fred VanVleet, Gary Trent Jr., Scottie Barnes, OG Anunoby and Pascal Siakam. Except for opening night, those five began every game in which they were all healthy together a year ago."

I don't remember us doing particularly well when we had to dig deep being down in the first playoff series.

"The Raptors are a basketball experiment: instead of 'position-less basketball,' Toronto assembled a roster of players that all essentially play the same position."

I guess that makes it easier to be GM.

If Kevin Durant is the one calling the shots, what's his take on Kyrie Irving again?

I guess James Harden was the smart one.

What’s sexual assault and #metoo when you have anti semitism in the team.

He just apologised. All is forgiven.
he actually didn't really apologize for anything.

plus, he told us he knows the Oxford dictionary, so that's a new development.

doghouse doghouse i dont know how you can't watch this shit. its FAR more drama inducing than than football by any measure imaginable.

Okay now he misses 5 games. Still missing fewer games than being unvaccinated.

Celtics haven't lost a beat. Raptors didn't have an answer against them last night.

Back to back Raptor losses to the mighty Orlando Magic.

Even the visiting Knicks are better than the Raptors...

It looks like a further rebuild of the Raptors will come soon.

They started this long west coast road game trip that began somewhat okay but is now slowly resembling the regular season results of losing at the last minute or making defensive lapses where they have to come from behind (only to lose at the last minute).

Tickets aren't even selling out now at home.

Raptors could trade: Pascal Siakam, O.G Anunoby, Fred VanVleet and Gary Trent Jr.

....who is left after that?

Without inbound players, I don't think he is the franchise player to build around. Although Subway has images of him eating a bowl in every store here.
I think they should trade OG and Pascal and get a haul while they can. They’re too old for a complete rebuild anyway.

What did the Nets achieve with Durant, Harden and Irving?

...to my recollection

2019: Swept first round (to my hometown Raptors)
2020: Lost to Bucks...vaguely remember they were in the lead in the series
2021: Harden out, swept first round by Celtics
2022: ....traded away everyone

I think they should trade OG and Pascal and get a haul while they can. They’re too old for a complete rebuild anyway.

We didn't do anything in the end. On my Raptors Telegram chat they said, "At least Siakam doesn't have to play centre now..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom