Odd Things Seen Daily By Me

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
It would have been a bit detrimental to your military stint if your lips naturally curled up and you exuded a natural sunny happy disposition.
I was a combat medic. I was supposed to have a good bedside manner as well as shooting people. Actually, for a while there was a rumour that I was helping myself to my morphine stash, because I was always cheery and I was a little too well versed in pharmacology.

It’s only in the last ten years or so that people have told me my normal expression and countenance is stern and scary. At least until I smile. I find it a little disturbing, since I think of myself as easygoing and approachable. The ‘compliment’ I get most from work colleagues is something like ‘you’re actually a lot nicer than I thought, when I first met you’.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
I just went through the photos on my phone and I do see the resemblance.

I also just decided that my existential dilemma is: smile and look approachable but with a face full of wrinkles or look mean and slightly less wrinkley. I probably should’ve used sunscreen the past 40 years.

Fwiffo

Supporter
I was a combat medic. I was supposed to have a good bedside manner as well as shooting people. Actually, for a while there was a rumour that I was helping myself to my morphine stash, because I was always cheery and I was a little too well versed in pharmacology.

It’s only in the last ten years or so that people have told me my normal expression and countenance is stern and scary. At least until I smile. I find it a little disturbing, since I think of myself as easygoing and approachable. The ‘compliment’ I get most from work colleagues is something like ‘you’re actually a lot nicer than I thought, when I first met you’.
Time for plastic surgery that makes you look cheery? I'm sure someone offers that.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Homeless people with technology. I saw one with a mobile. Today I saw one who had some kind of smart watch or fit bit or something.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Grown men who have stickers and decals on their laptops. Why? Also a lot of them sport cutesy cartoon characters. Do they want to project themselves as old men with immature juvenile sensibilities?

Fwiffo

Supporter
Asians who wear one of those medical masks yet sport open toe shoes or flip flops. It's 30c and I'm afraid of airborne viruses but other exposed skin who cares.

Top Bottom