Odd Things Seen Daily By Me

Fwiffo

Supporter
Homeless people with disposable masks.

If they were washable ones I reckon they didn't have the means to keep it clean judging by the stench of urine about 100m away.

Kingstonian

Homeless people with disposable masks.

If they were washable ones I reckon they didn't have the means to keep it clean judging by the stench of urine about 100m away.
Do you have professional beggars in Canada?

‘I can make more money at this game than I could when I used to work in a factory. This bloke saw me with a laptop once, and then again with good quality face mask. I think I got away with it though. That reminds me, I must take the Mercedes in for its first service....’

Fwiffo

Supporter
Do you have professional beggars in Canada?

‘I can make more money at this game than I could when I used to work in a factory. This bloke saw me with a laptop once, and then again with good quality face mask. I think I got away with it though. That reminds me, I must take the Mercedes in for its first service....’
You mean scam artists?

There are people who beg for a living . Every weekend I pass by one bloke sitting outside at the top of the stairs charging his mobile phone. Looks like an old iPhone. Most are pretty rough.

There is one lady who keeps saying she is pregnant. Maybe it's the same one maybe it's not but I've seen a woman with a big belly begging around for 5 years using the pregnancy as a tool for empathy.

Scam artists on the other hand have been called out. There was one lady who begged in the financial district that a reporter followed home. She apparently lives in the suburbs with her extended family with a big screen TV. It was supplemental income.

I myself saw this blind bloke with a cane who stood during the evening rush hour at the corner of the financial district asking for money. A few years later I took a lady friend on a date at a rustic restaurant run by a local celebrity chef in the east end of the city. I immediately remembered him when I heard his voice a few tables over. At least he was truly blind and didn't lie about that part.

Fwiffo

Supporter
People making toddlers wear a mask. Most of the time the mask is so big it exceeds the width of their faces by some measure.

Top Bottom