Odd Things Seen Daily By Me

I cant think of any industry that I know where drinking on the job is permitted much less normalized.
I'm amazed - even if your stories are half true
 
I cant think of any industry that I know where drinking on the job is permitted much less normalized.
I'm amazed - even if your stories are half true

I just had a $350 pub lunch expensed. I put 6 people on the report but it was only 4 of us with one chap slipping in for a pint or two at the very end...Lunch was 1230-1600.

I got the expense approved right before heading out for a lunch with a competitor in which I consumed two bottles of beer.
 
I cant think of any industry that I know where drinking on the job is permitted much less normalized.
I'm amazed - even if your stories are half true

I just had a $350 pub lunch expensed. I put 6 people on the report but it was only 4 of us with one chap slipping in for a pint or two at the very end...Lunch was 1230-1600.

I got the expense approved right before heading out for a lunch with a competitor in which I consumed two bottles of beer.

Small time.

The father of a friend of mine recently took me under his wing. He was an account exec at Telecom/Telstra until the late 1990s - he regularly racked up $100k a year on his corporate card after boozy lunches with 'fake' clients (i.e. his mates).

Apparently each of the account guys would take turns paying for their extravagant lunches on their respective cards. If anyone in HQ started asking questions he'd sometimes have to put a call through to one of his actual clients giving them the details of the lunch they were supposed to have attended and where they ordered the $600 bottle of Grange.
 
I deliberately chose the Weatherspoon's of Canada.

Thank you for reminding me I'm poor because I can't throw 10K on expenses to supplement my poverty level income.

I'm told now international trips 6 days or more are on premium economy not business class. Sydney for a week in premium economy - to paraphrase Joseph Conrad, "the horror, the horror".
 
I deliberately chose the Weatherspoon's of Canada.

Thank you for reminding me I'm poor because I can't throw 10K on expenses to supplement my poverty level income.

I'm told now international trips 6 days or more are on premium economy not business class. Sydney for a week in premium economy - to paraphrase Joseph Conrad, "the horror, the horror".
No problem. When you are in Sydney I will happily put you in contact with my mate's dad for some lessons - though I think you already know how to drink?
 
I jaywalked across 58th st late last night a block away from Trump's home and a middle eastern dude wearing a large turban driving a sports car with headlights off going about 45 (in a 25 mind you) tried to play chicken with me.
 
I jaywalked across 58th st late last night a block away from Trump's home and a middle eastern dude wearing a large turban driving a sports car with headlights off going about 45 (in a 25 mind you) tried to play chicken with me.
If he was wearing a turban he probably wasn't middle eastern.
 
Yeah I was about to say sikh.

Anyway, it is finally getting closer to zero - as in a few degrees from zero. Women wearing skirts and dresses without hose. It drives me mad every winter. They have parkas from the thigh up so it's not a matter they haven't a clue about the ambient temperature.
 
Country Victorian woman charged with murder in Swan Hill. Body found in Makepeace street.
 
Reckon Christmas party season starts and seeing throw up on both ends of one block shouldn't be a surprise to me anymore in the mornings.
 
IMG_6257.webp
 
I think there's confusion between left hand and right hand driving rules.
 
He is in my lane, coming towards me after passing. He got back in his lane without clocking me
 
Back when I was a kid, Ontario was a have province and we didn't need to know anything about your God forsaken province.

BUT ALL YOU HAVE NOW IS THIS: WYNNE NO WIN. DEMOUNTED. FLAWLESS VICTORY. Jajajajajja

IMG_6262.webp
 
Why does mainstream media - particularly women columnists - call 2016 the year things crashed and burned? Trump won? Note 7 recall? Aleppo fell? Brexit happened? Climate change marches inexorably forward?

I saw it in Time last week and again in the paper today. Things you can do to cope with a world crashing and burning.

On the whole it was rather good for me.
 
Why are people bitching about Linda McMahon being picked for a small business leadership role? Seems like a perfectly reasonable choice to me. Let me guess, she's a crony of Trump because she donated? Does the fact she's helped build an entertainment empire completely fly over the head of butt-hurt liberals???
 
Why does mainstream media - particularly women columnists - call 2016 the year things crashed and burned? Trump won? Note 7 recall? Aleppo fell? Brexit happened? Climate change marches inexorably forward?

I saw it in Time last week and again in the paper today. Things you can do to cope with a world crashing and burning.

On the whole it was rather good for me.

We're over five standard deviations off average in this year's global ice coverage. Don't know insurance parlance but we're beyond fucked. Might as well retire now.
 
We're over five standard deviations off average in this year's global ice coverage. Don't know insurance parlance but we're beyond fucked. Might as well retire now.

Yes. Today the arctic circle is warmer than where Thruth is. It's only a worry for those with young children that we're leaving them a shambles after our lot moves on.

And yes I am well aware. We made the largest payout in my subsidiary this year. My corporate bonus just disappeared due to climate change induced forest fires.
 
Weirdness has followed me my whole life, hence I have an uncanny knack of picking-up vibes when things are going a bit strange and its time to leave by the quickest route possible. So when my missus rang me to inform me her bike had a puncture and was lost in the local forest a little while ago, I knew there would be more to this story.

And lo and behold: there he was the local odd ball lunatic beneath the bridge in a pair of wooden clogs with an old cassette recorder from the 1970s bashing it against the wall to try and get to work. The good thing was, he was still there doing when I found the missus and we were on the way back, after we passed him I told her "Now you know why I warned you not to go out biking 20 minutes before dark."

She's been around me long enough to know that I have a sixth sense about these things, still, women will never consider a man's intuition is more sensitive to their own.
 
Yes. Today the arctic circle is warmer than where Thruth is. It's only a worry for those with young children that we're leaving them a shambles after our lot moves on.

And yes I am well aware. We made the largest payout in my subsidiary this year. My corporate bonus just disappeared due to climate change induced forest fires.

Bonus is least of our worries, our food will disappear in short order less you want to bet this year's data is a 1 in 4 million statistical chance.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom