Odd Things Seen Daily By Me

People leaving money, takeaway food, and other essentials for homeless people outside their makeshift tents. Today I saw someone leave a box of non surgical masks.

Surely these people are already diseased.

People who only communicate with you in emojis. Symbols outnumber prose by many factors to one.

People who are visibly and audbily ill at the co-working place.

Dear Abby,

The manager at this co-working place showed his voice changed on Monday and keeps saying he is healthy in spite of random sneezes and coughs that are increasing in frequency. He has sequestered himself in a private room since Wednesday but his voice keeps getting worse in spite of his insistence he doesn't have a fever so it's not coronavirus.

Should he be wearing a mask? Should he get tested? Should I wear a mask?

Women carrying a bag from a lingerie store.

I sometimes wonder based on the shape and appearance of the woman what could she possibly purchase from the store.

People giving money to homeless people.

This old guy with white hair jogged past me in that one posh neighbourhood where we have Hermes and Tiffany's, etc and then stopped and gave a homeless person $20. This was Sunday.

On Wednesday, some young woman dressed in a beige raincoat over a dress gave a homeless guy at the main rail station $5.

I'm in abject poverty here and no one's giving me anything.

Our coins are $1 and $2. Why aren't people generous with me?

This old guy with white hair jogged past me in that one posh neighbourhood where we have Hermes and Tiffany's, etc and then stopped and gave a homeless person $20. This was Sunday.

On Wednesday, some young woman dressed in a beige raincoat over a dress gave a homeless guy at the main rail station $5.

I guess those homeless people aren’t condescending pricks? I‘ll be in Toronto in a couple of weeks and could make a deposit with your favorite barkeeper, if that helps?
I pretty much always give money to homeless people and it’s mostly bills, because I almost never carry any coins. Also, for me unlike for them, it doesn’t really matter if it’s 1, 5 or 20€. I could simply loose a 20 bill and likely wouldn’t even notice.

put on your newly moth-eaten Scottish jumpers that you wear at -35C. That should get you some cash.

Since August this blond girl has been showing up early at the gym. She always uses the elliptical machine next to me (probably because I use the one closest to the television).

I bump into her at least once or twice a week on my cardio instead of weight days.

Now that it is cold people are coming at 6 and even before that so I try to get there 545 or earlier. Interestingly she is moving her time up too.

Discounts on gift cards. What's the play on this? I take your money and invest it until you use it?

It was my first time running through the underground gauntlet of financial district buildings at "rush hour" (8am... you should be finished your first meeting already but anyway) during heavy rain since people started returning to the office.

I'm passing by hordes of suit and business dress zombies whose pace, gait and body language make them seem about as enthusiastic in getting to work as they are to the Chinese/Russian/Iranian gulag.

The amount of homeless people who have mobile phones...not flip phones. Smartphones.

People hacking away, sniffling and coughing up a lung near me on transit, in public spaces, at work, etc.

Why can't they curl up and die somewhere.

Nicotine fix I get but getting high? How bad is your life you need a buzz just rolling out of your bed?

Smoking marijuana at 7 in the morning.
I had a neighbour who was a solar install/roof plumber. Told me one day he got up at 6am each morning and had two cones before work. On rooves.

From the outside your life certainly seems bad enough!

Thank you for pontificating.

Luckily I just came out of a combined weight and cardio session that started at 5 so I have the same chemicals as said person smoking up a joint right now. If only I could get a transfusion of blood from a healthy 18 year old then my day will be set.

I had a neighbour who was a solar install/roof plumber. Told me one day he got up at 6am each morning and had two cones before work. On rooves.

That reminds me of one of my bartender friends. She gets up closer to noon though. I saw her once opening up the bar completely losing track of her mobile and misplacing her purse/backpack. However the worse that could happen in that profession is she makes horrible cocktails, breaks glassware or spills something.

I don't know if it makes people more mellow. I find she starts getting extremely defensive and self aware. Whereas when she is clean (from overdoing it the days before or some kind of poisoning) she is actually a sweeter kinder person.

Elevator rage.

I'm waiting for the elevator after lunch. Also waiting is a mother with 4 young'uns, and a tall twitchy indigenous cunt. Door opens, I'm waiting for the family to get on and the twitchy cunt roughly pushes them aside and gets on. They move away from the door, so I move to enter. I'm not waiting and this rude cunt needs a word.

He puts up his arm and is trying to push me out cussing at me and saying "I ride alone, don't come on here unless you want to be killed." I tell him it was a public elevator and using my substantial mental health training I took his arm at wrist and elbow and moved him into the corner of the car until the doors closed. Then I let him up. He's still full on screaming, swearing and making threats but this time he will "end me." I respond forcefully but politely in asking him to please make a move. He doesn't, the doors open, he gets off but just as the doors begin to close he tells me he would never sleep with a daughter of mine because she is diseased and tries to spit at me. But he's got dry mouth and only a bit of spittle dribbled out. I laughed, stopped the doors from closing and walked out towards him. He ran into a dental office so I got back on and went up to the office.

The odd thing for me was how this interaction was wrapped all around with a feeling of peacefulness. I rang my wife to tell her about it and the first thing she asked was if he had thrown a punch. I said he didn't. She said "too bad."

Goddamn I love this woman.

I'm thinking I should post a poll asking if I am not, semi- or full-on Pimpy.

Elevator rage.

I'm waiting for the elevator after lunch. Also waiting is a mother with 4 young'uns, and a tall twitchy indigenous cunt. Door opens, I'm waiting for the family to get on and the twitchy cunt roughly pushes them aside and gets on. They move away from the door, so I move to enter. I'm not waiting and this rude cunt needs a word.

He puts up his arm and is trying to push me out cussing at me and saying "I ride alone, don't come on here unless you want to be killed." I tell him it was a public elevator and using my substantial mental health training I took his arm at wrist and elbow and moved him into the corner of the car until the doors closed. Then I let him up. He's still full on screaming, swearing and making threats but this time he will "end me." I respond forcefully but politely in asking him to please make a move. He doesn't, the doors open, he gets off but just as the doors begin to close he tells me he would never sleep with a daughter of mine because she is diseased and tries to spit at me. But he's got dry mouth and only a bit of spittle dribbled out. I laughed, stopped the doors from closing and walked out towards him. He ran into a dental office so I got back on and went up to the office.

The odd thing for me was how this interaction was wrapped all around with a feeling of peacefulness. I rang my wife to tell her about it and the first thing she asked was if he had thrown a punch. I said he didn't. She said "too bad."

What is sarto de napoli doing in Canada?

Elevator rage.

All true, no fingers crossed? That's an amazing story. I am very proud of you. That took real guts, something that you easily could have shied away from, but didn't. Very impressive.

No elevators within 50 miles of me, but I will think of that story next time I climb on one, when I find one.

What is sarto de napoli doing in Canada?
Maybe hold off on the f****** sarcasm that this forum is famous for, and pause in admiration for just a single moment over the post you've quoted.

I'm not waiting and this rude cunt needs a word.
Why this rude cunt in particular? Surely not every rude cunt you encounter gets this treatment? I am asking because once every blue moon I threaten violence and I have no idea why some cunts get a pass from me and some don’t.

All true, no fingers crossed? That's an amazing story. I am very proud of you. That took real guts, something that you easily could have shied away from, but didn't. Very impressive.

No elevators within 50 miles of me, but I will think of that story next time I climb on one, when I find one.

Maybe hold off on the f****** sarcasm that this forum is famous for, and pause in admiration for just a single moment over the post you've quoted.
full on true.

Last edited:
Why this rude cunt in particular? Surely not every rude cunt you encounter gets this treatment? I am asking because once every blue moon I threaten violence and I have no idea why some cunts get a pass from me and some don’t.
he was behind the mom and kids and when the door opened he physically pushed them aside to get ahead of them and into the elevator. I was going up anyway and wasn't going to wait for another car, so I figured I tell him he was rude. I did not expect him to push me.

Ok thanks! I mostly get involved on behalf of others as well. I think offering violence with an aura of dedicated and committed peacefulness works really well. But mostly I guess I just got lucky. People get (accidentally) killed by cunts all the time.

In any case to fully qualify for Pimpy imho you need to a) loose and b) then go whine to the cops about it.

Ok thanks! I mostly get involved on behalf of others as well. I think offering violence with an aura of dedicated and committed peacefulness works really well. But mostly I guess I just got lucky. People get (accidentally) killed by cunts all the time.

In any case to fully qualify for Pimpy imho you need to a) loose and b) then go whine to the cops about it.
It certainly was an interesting encounter and in my head I was just going to speak to him. Anyone who pushes women and children aside is a cowardly cunt.

Camel overcoat, black gloves. Black overcoat, brown gloves. Grey overcoat, brown shoes/boots. Camel overcoat, black shoes/boots.

Pigeons and other birds pecking at alcohol laced throw up on the street...

People with their hoods on in the winter.

I think they're at a minimum as spatially unaware as people with ear muff head phones or staring at their mobile phone whilst walking.

Unaware they are in the way and people are trying to pass them. Unaware they are at the intersection and someone comes up beside them trying to get a head start to cross. Unaware if they have an unsteady gait and drift left or right or they drift because they are distracted. Unaware walking as a pair on a narrow sidewalk they are blocking oncoming pedestrians.

The deep Arctic freeze. Thanks Siberia.

Flocks of pigeons and homeless people fighting for the sewer grate vents spewing out hot sewage air.

People who keep saying 100 percent in place of "Certainly" or "Absolutely" or "Of course".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom