Politically Correct has Become Dangerous

The Epstein Files are out. Over two thousand pages - I’ll wait for the summary!

Prince Andrew. Bill Clinton. A bunch in the fashion world (Naomi Campbell, Vera Wang). RFK Jr. Bill Gates.

It's about as revealing as that vault Geraldo opened up.

"The movie stars actor Nayanthara as a Hindu Brahmin woman who aspires to become a chef. She is shown going against her family's religious beliefs and eating meat and learning to cook it. Many Brahmins do not eat meat, in accordance with rigid caste rules."

There should be a filter to say - Netflix, only show me movies that agree with my political, moral and religious beliefs.

There are her boobs before being photoshopped, if anyone cares …

IMG_4222.jpeg

It's called Lunar New Year now.

China does not have a monopoly over everything.

My mother in law nearly slapped me 15 years ago when I referred to Tet/ Lunar New Year as ‘Chinese New Year’

Carano’s bullshit case after being fired from Disney is being funded by Elon Musk.

This is fucking amazing. I thought this was a 9th grade book report at first:

IMG_4366.jpeg

I don't remember what she did wrong. She's against gender pronouns, trans and is homophobic? Is anti-vaxx, anti-mask, etc? And ridicules religious minorities etc.? That wins you elections and scores you interviews with Putin these days.

My mother in law nearly slapped me 15 years ago when I referred to Tet/ Lunar New Year as ‘Chinese New Year’
Having worked organizations with Vietnamese, Chinese, Thai etc people I know not to talk about "Chinese New Yaer" - especially since one of my DiLs is Taiwanese!

Having worked organizations with Vietnamese, Chinese, Thai etc people I know not to talk about "Chinese New Yaer" - especially since one of my DiLs is Taiwanese!
The most annoying and confusing part for me is the superstitions. I can’t take out the trash on LNY because that will mean losing stuff all year? Like, losing more trash? Isn’t that a good thing? Not dying in a hoarder’s toxic pile of refuse?

The most annoying and confusing part for me is the superstitions. I can’t take out the trash on LNY because that will mean losing stuff all year? Like, losing more trash? Isn’t that a good thing? Not dying in a hoarder’s toxic pile of refuse?
Do you have to get a haircut and buy new clothes ( good excuse) ?

“female spaces should be exclusively for females, not for biological males.”

Oh great. Now we have to have two fields - birth gender + current gender.
Most workplaces I've been in in the last million years don't have segregated toilets. A lot - many - of public facilities now in galleries, public spaces, shopping centres (malls) are actually kinda mixed, you walk in the same door for everyone, the stand up urinals are over that way - the sit down stalls that way. Wash basins over there.

Most workplaces I've been in in the last million years don't have segregated toilets. A lot - many - of public facilities now in galleries, public spaces, shopping centres (malls) are actually kinda mixed, you walk in the same door for everyone, the stand up urinals are over that way - the sit down stalls that way. Wash basins over there.
In Canadia, shared toilets are usually because there his only 1. get in line whomever you are. next most common is separate men, women and the family one is a free-for-all.

really? i honestly don't think i've ever seen a building or public space without a segregated toilet in my entire life.

really? i honestly don't think i've ever seen a building or public space without a segregated toilet in my entire life.
Really? I mean they are not unusual all over the world. I , too, prefer segregated toilets and they are more common in these parts but non-segregated toilets are also common here too.

Yet again another insanity-culture-war brewing in North America than most of us are puzzled by.

Last edited:

We had that for awhile. For example at the provincial museum the toilets became unisex but the urinals were taped off (not a good idea for maintenance and stench control) so you were expected to use the stalls.

Then after coronavirus (I'm guessing because every other stall had to be used) they went back to male + female + a separately built unisex washroom. My (old) company opened an office in 2020 and we built men + women + an individual unisex with an accessibility door. It was mostly used by obese people to take a crap.

You, me and the Englishman who stepped off the 6am plane with me from London to Copenhagen and proceeded into the washroom by the gate - saw a woman come out as we were going inside - and promptly made a 180 degree turn and walked back out and held our bladders instead.

Later on during the day I realised the country was configured like this (office, restaurants, etc.). But it only works with toilets that are inside a door with a lock.

Really? I mean they are not unusual all over the world. I , too, prefer segregated toilets and they are more common in these parts but non-segregated toilets are also common here too.
well my travels have kept me mostly to the this side of the globe in general, but even in central and south america, i never saw one. with the trans war brewing here in the US and canada its only going to get worse in that regard sadly.

Really - its pretty common here - I haven't got any pics but next time I'll take some if i remember. .Although whipping out the phone camera in a toilet isn't the best look.

Most bars and cafes etc will just have toilets not marked Male/Female

The Australian Open broke ground in 2020 by providing all-gender toilets at Rod Laver Arena. ( Which is delightfully ironic as The main stadium is called the Margaret Court Stadium - and she's a virulent xtian anti gay etc rightwinger.)

This first pic below is actual Australian Tennis Open signs
1708652338267.png

1708651516908.png
1708651817222.png

I also read the other day they changed the stage production of Aladdin to ditch the monkey and animal sidekicks because they were offensive. The Disney+ movie apparently has pre-screening messages. I watched that as a kid. I must be traumatised.

"But the poster, which was shared widely on social media and seen by NBC News, also included a line that said 'Face Control: White,' drawing outrage from social media users who interpreted it to mean that only white people could attend the event."

I'm not even sure what that means - never mind if it's racist.

"When another X user sent her a video of Willoughby, asking if she thought 'this lady should use the men's locker room?', Rowling replied: 'You've sent me the wrong video. There isn't a lady in this one, just a man revelling in his misogynistic performance of what he thinks 'woman' means: narcissistic, shallow and exhibitionist.'"

Time to burn piles of Harry Potter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom