Protests Across The Globe

BBC Music columnist makes a strong case for The Last Night of The Proms to go Woke....nah only kidding, ''They form a kind of unholy trinity: Jerusalem, Land of Hope and Glory and Rule, Britannia!'':
I've never actually understood why "Jerusalem" is so popular at these jingoistic events - it's actually a condemnation of England in the 19th century and of the Industrial Revolution.

Why is Land of Hope and Glory offensive? For that matter why is Rule, Britannia?

Do we need to alter the lyrics to God Save the Queen next? This is asinine.

Noam Chomsky is included in that?
noam chomsky is a free speech absolutist because he's seen what its done to other people in the pro-palestine and anti-vietnam war fields. im sure you're familiar with norman finkelstein since you're all about the free speech, right?

You'll be glad that 150 academics and journalists have denounced JK Rowling and Noam Chomsky with an open letter on Justice and Open Debate. Which includes this on JK Rowling's attempt to not be erased: ''The signatories, many of them white, wealthy and endowed with massive platforms, argue that they are afraid of being silenced, that so-called cancel culture is out of control, and that they fear for their jobs and free exchange of ideas, even as they speak from one of the most prestigious magazines in the country...''

This is significant: ''many of them white''

The message is being received.

How can this end well?

The only good thing is the revolution is eating itself.
is it not significant that almost every one of them is white save for token black man wynton marsalis? im sure the jazz band leader is in dire risk of being cancelled for being a terf.

noam chomsky is a free speech absolutist because he's seen what its done to other people in the pro-palestine and anti-vietnam war fields. im sure you're familiar with norman finkelstein since you're all about the free speech, right?

is it not significant that almost every one of them is white save for token black man wynton marsalis? im sure the jazz band leader is in dire risk of being cancelled for being a terf.

What's a TERF?

Oddly, I don't look at a person's race or colour when they're engaging in intellectual discussion or debate. Only the merit of their argument.

What's a TERF?

Something to do with Trans vs Radical Feminists. It appears they don't get on well with each other.

They made the real mistake of challenging the paramilitary wing of the Democrats and must be cancelled.

Oddly, I don't look at a person's race or colour when they're engaging in intellectual discussion or debate. Only the merit of their argument.

Something to do with Trans vs Radical Feminists. It appears they don't get on well with each other.

They made the real mistake of challenging the paramilitary wing of the Democrats and must be cancelled.

Oh I know what it stands for, it stands for Trans Exclusory Radical Feminist. Its basically a misogynistic slur used to shut WOMEN up (usually used by bearded hyper-woke hipster men aka wankers). I mean, how dare they demand who can, and cannot enter female only spaces.

AND. I. AM. 1x10e99%. BEHIND. THESE. WOMEN'S. RIGHT. TO. DO. SO.

Being a woman is not a fucking performance, despite what followers of charlatans like Judith Butler think.

Arseholes.

This gave me a good laugh.

As Pelosi's states all the chaos and shit is just something that people do.

Protect and survive.

The lawyers have the unfortunate distinction of being caught in stark incongruous contrast. It was an undignified spectacle. They didn't look good.

They shouldn't be destroyed over this. Although that is the plan and I get it. Particularly regarding the symbolism of their petit-Palace of Versailles taste in interior decorating.

As Pelosi's states all the chaos and shit is just something that people do.

Protect and survive.

The lawyers have the unfortunate distinction of being caught in stark incongruous contrast. It was an undignified spectacle. They didn't look good.

They shouldn't be destroyed over this. Although that is the plan and I get it. Particularly regarding the symbolism of their petit-Palace of Versailles taste in interior decorating.

I gotta admit, the Prozac wife with the wild bloodshot eyes, mustard stains down her shirt and finger on the trigger of a shitty Jennings J-22 as she pointed it, threatening people walking down her street did not look good at all.

If you break the law and demonstrate that you lack the stability and training to own a firearms, you should expect the legal consequences.

I gotta admit, the Prozac wife with the wild bloodshot eyes, mustard stains down her shirt and finger on the trigger of a shitty Jennings J-22 as she pointed it, threatening people walking down her street did not look good at all.

If you break the law and demonstrate that you lack the stability and training to own a firearms, you should expect the legal consequences.

But my understanding is that you don't want the Law...

Protests have not been about Black lives for a while, it stopped being about Floyd about 2 days after the incident. Now it is just tankies and baizou larping a revolution! Remember the pathetic CHAZ garden?

Baizuo (pronounced "bye-tswaw) is a Chinese epithet meaning naive western educated person who advocates for peace and equality only to satisfy their own feeling of moral superiority. A baizuo only cares about topics such as immigration, minorities, LGBT and the environment while being obsessed with political correctness to the extent that they import backwards Islamic values for the sake of multiculturalism.

ap,550x550,12x16,1,transparent,t.u2.png JUNE26_TRUDEAU_SOCKS_GALLERY02.jpg

This is all lost on a country that does not know about guns.

Therefore I will assume that any brand I see mentioned in a Michael Connelly novel, or used by or against Jack Reacher is good quality. Other stuff will just be ‘Saturday night specials’ or ‘throw down weapons’. I have not heard of Jennings J-22 though.

This is all lost on a country that does not know about guns.

Therefore I will assume that any brand I see mentioned in a Michael Connelly novel, or used by or against Jack Reacher is good quality. Other stuff will just be ‘Saturday night specials’ or ‘throw down weapons’. I have not heard of Jennings J-22 though.

It’s an interesting story:

24832113-CCB6-4F51-B94F-60A9D0EEB5EE.jpeg

Last edited:
Why is Land of Hope and Glory offensive? For that matter why is Rule, Britannia?

Do we need to alter the lyrics to God Save the Queen next? This is asinine.

Because the Hope & Glory and Britannia's rule are all about white privilege, a Christian god and colonialism. Plus immigrants need not apply and if they do they are a lesser cut. The days of old flags, old statues and old anthems MUST BE OVER FOR US TO MOVE FORWARD.

Land of hope and glory, mother of the free
How shall we extol thee, who are born of thee?
Wider still and wider shall thy bounds be set
God, who made thee mighty, make thee mightier yet

Rule, Britannia! Britannia, rule the waves!
Britons never, never, never shall be slaves.

When Britain first, at heaven's command,
Arose from out the azure main,
This was the charter of the land,
And Guardian Angels sang this strain:

(Chorus)

The nations not so blest as thee
Must, in their turn, to tyrants fall,
While thou shalt flourish great and free:
The dread and envy of them all.

(Chorus)

Still more majestic shalt thou rise,
More dreadful from each foreign stroke,
As the loud blast that tears the skies
Serves but to root thy native oak.

(Chorus)

Thee haughty tyrants ne'er shall tame;
All their attempts to bend thee down
Will but arouse thy generous flame,
But work their woe and thy renown.

(Chorus)

To thee belongs the rural reign;
Thy cities shall with commerce shine;
All thine shall be the subject main,
And every shore it circles, thine.

(Chorus)

The Muses, still with freedom found,
Shall to thy happy coasts repair.
Blest isle! with matchless beauty crowned,
And manly hearts to guard the fair.

(Chorus)

Because the Hope & Glory and Britannia's rule are all about white privilege, a Christian god and colonialism. Plus immigrants need not apply and if they do they are a lesser cut. The days of old flags, old statues and old anthems MUST BE OVER FOR US TO MOVE FORWARD.

When Britain first, at heaven's command,

To thee belongs the rural reign;
Thy cities shall with commerce shine;
All thine shall be the subject main,
And every shore it circles, thine.

Are these bold for a reason?

It says slaves because the British didn't want to kneel to the old maritime powers like Spain.

In Canada we changed in all our sons command to in all of us command for the feminists. Now instead of God keep our land, we say X keeps our land because of heathens? When does it stop? Do we burn copies of The Jungle Book because Kipling wrote The White Man's burden in a public square like the Nazis did?

Are these bold for a reason?

It says slaves because the British didn't want to kneel to the old maritime powers like Spain.

In Canada we changed in all our sons command to in all of us command for the feminists. Now instead of God keep our land, we say X keeps our land because of heathens? When does it stop? Do we burn copies of The Jungle Book because Kipling wrote The White Man's burden in a public square like the Nazis did?

No, I actually accidentally bolded them. Did I accidentally bold "slaves" too? No, I didn't. No matter. Over your head wee man.

Clearly we destroy all things that anyone anywhere can tangentially link to oppression and inequity. Past present and in the anticipation of future misdeeds. The world is not ready for the no-money-one-world-citizen Star Trek model and we must revert back to tried and true measures like fire, violence and believing the wind is actually a forest spirit.

When does it stop? Do we burn copies of The Jungle Book because Kipling wrote The White Man's burden in a public square like the Nazis did?

Yes, do keep up, Kipling is well doxed and erased.

What about this, the new statues to our betters are being raised:

I don't understand what's wrong with most of this except the Barbie idol and a few (not all) references to white. This is how the top percentile of the world operates, and the lower half frankly aspires to it.

Exactly, there is nothing wrong with a legal system that gives equal rights to all i.e. the English system of Common Law, respect for the individual, or that a work ethic anything less than a good thing.

And the final nail in the coffin, that dreadful European fad, the scientific method.

As I stated, this is sinister and willful destruction.

I don't understand what's wrong with most of this except the Barbie idol and a few (not all) references to white. This is how the top percentile of the world operates, and the lower half frankly aspires to it.

Agreed. There’s a lot of positive stuff here. It’s also a fair representation (albeit overly conservative and as much as possible with broad brush strokes) of ‘white culture’, in a neutral tone, without judgement . That’s why I think it’s funny to see some people’s reactions.

it is wrong because it was it was created to demonstrate how this behaviour is discriminatory

i dont know if you guys have been following what's going on in Portland, OR but the authorities have started disappearing protestors off of the streets

can't wait to hear about how this is all just fine from some of our membership.

it is wrong because it was it was created to demonstrate how this behaviour is discriminatory

Meritocracy is discriminatory? Western capitalism is discriminatory...against lazy slobs and social parasites.

The only thing I can pick up is the Judeo-Christian centric world. 99 percent of the world is monotheistic or atheist (one or zero gods). And Judeo-Christian holidays and calendar is the accepted norm. Christmas is universal even if you don't care about baby Jesus. If people want to celebrate the year 9654 and the seventh moon cycle month they are welcome to but the modern world chose to settle on things like GMT and the Gregorian calendar.

My understanding was that Fwiffo was agreeing with your statement?

He's trying to say I have ingrained racist tendencies. My upbringing and values make me blind that today's social construct inherently marginalizes people of colour. All colours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom