Random Style Thoughts

Surprising because that's a reasonable Trad Look, not perfect but at least decent. Sub out the tie for a black knit, and change the tan belt for a dark brown one or shell 8 and it would be sound. If Antonio's followers are posting this type of stuff then they're definately improving
why suggest enhancements now? It was your proof of Ivy done well. Don't you remember what you post?

why suggest enhancements now? It was your proof of Ivy done well. Don't you remember what you post?
Sure I don't care.
I consider dressing a sport, with a science behind it. The style part is just about refining the algorithm.
That is all.

I like to Floris nickname, it's got a nice wring to it.

Honestly I don't really care, some of the middle aged men on here are actually interested in learning more the sport of dressing well, they're the ones who get it.
Truth and the like clearly are crabs who only go sideways. Too bad, you could strive for perfectionism and always be open to learning more, or you can be a crab in a barrel.. Your loss really.
I am still patiently waiting to be educated by you but generalities rarely are educational, eh? I fail to see what you bring to the game. But hopefully you will find your chops.

I think this entire forum of members off all ages are waiting for you to stun us with your tips on the sport of dressing well. If Gufus was not dead I would swear you were him. Maybe the reincarnation of him?

I am still patiently waiting to be educated by you but generalities rarely are educational, eh? I fail to see what you bring to the game. But hopefully you will find your chops.

I think this entire forum of members off all ages are waiting for you to stun us with your tips on the sport of dressing well. If Gufus was not dead I would swear you were him. Maybe the reincarnation of him?
See the problem is that I can't change the disposition of a dresser, it is not my place. You have to find it within yourselves. A mind past a certain age becomes stuck in it's ways. Since before my time on this forum, if your thoughts were one way it's unlikely they will change if your a grown adult.

Sure I don't care.
I consider dressing a sport, with a science behind it. The style part is just about refining the algorithm.
That is all.
I know you continue to say that but you have not provided anything that resembles sport or science. You continue to talk in cracks, pops, static and white noise.

Please regale us with sporting tales and your suit scientist findings.

My algorithm:

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 8.35.17 PM.png

I know you continue to say that but you have not provided anything that resembles sport or science. You continue to talk in cracks, pops, static and white noise.

Please regale us with sporting tales and your suit scientist findings.

My algorithm:

View attachment 42619
Sport just means something is competitive. You can choose who or what to compete against. Why would I help my detractors improve?

A mind past a certain age becomes stuck in it's ways....
Not necessarily, certain intelligence traits increase with age, so long as you don't get dementia. You do lose some creative ability, that's true.
In a way if that's the disposition of the dressers. There is a sport in dressing down, dressing up, dressing slovenly. Again it's all about the disposition
Or circumstance. One of the styles I like, is what I term the aristo-casual look, a kind of studied nonchalance that Alan Clark and Peter O'Toole did so well. It's country, English, refined, yet seemingly casually thrown together, but a gentleman for all seasons, sporting events and circumstances. Except for black or white tie event.

See the problem is that I can't change the disposition of a dresser, it is not my place. You have to find it within yourselves. A mind past a certain age becomes stuck in it's ways. Since before my time on this forum, if your thoughts were one way it's unlikely they will change if your a grown adult.
you can't change the disposition of the dresser because you have provided no point of reference. Have you forgotten what you've posted already?

Honestly I don't really care, some of the middle aged men on here are actually interested in learning more the sport of dressing well, they're the ones who get it.

I'm interested but you have produced nothing that I can compare to my sport of dressing and my own suit science.
Why do you triflers always conjure up ideas about not wanting to share with us when you accuse us of needing to learn?

You can't have it both ways, sweetie.

Not necessarily, certain intelligence traits increase with age, so long as you don't get dementia. You do lose some creative ability, that's true.

Or circumstance. One of the styles I like, is what I term the aristo-casual look, a kind of studied nonchalance that Alan Clark and Peter O'Toole did so well. It's country, English, refined, yet seemingly casually thrown together, but a gentleman for all seasons, sporting events and circumstances. Except for black or white tie event.
True but some people are always obstinate and it's just called geriatric in old age.

Yes definately. Those guys look like they enjoy their clothes, I like that

Sport just means something is competitive. You can choose who or what to compete against. Why would I help my detractors improve?
Competition? olololo. I'm not competing with anyone. I do what I do and there is ample proof. You've already forgotten it was you who started shitting on people.

Spoken like a true rookie fool. Rambo I'd hate to learn your age, I wouldn't be suprised if you've lived more then 20 adult years without learning the basics of how to truly finesse the cloth.
There is no art involved whatsoever, it's more of a regimented science.
You and Bongo head are likely of the same ilk, typical gronks with no knowledge of what's going on, just wearing clothes and thinking they're killing it.
I will certainly not be sharing any of the arcane side of dressing with an idiot like yourself, or the rest of this group now. You're spoiling it for everyone with your half-cock attitude. Rack off you flop gronk.

Just prior to your entry there was a discussion with evidence on pocket placement. You enter and your posts are all over the place like a fart in a windstorm and you have not said anything of value and you haven't even left a hint of stench reading your sartorial sports and suit science knowledge and accomplishments.

you can't change the disposition of the dresser because you have provided no point of reference. Have you forgotten what you've posted already?

I'm interested but you have produced nothing that I can compare to my sport of dressing and my own suit science.
Why do you triflers always conjure up ideas about not wanting to share with us when you accuse us of needing to learn?

You can't have it both ways, sweetie.
Yes I will get around to it soon, but the timing seems a little bit off after I've been berated by a few people constantly for the last few hours. Give it some time and I might consider it.
My post earlier about the pocket square and hand in pocket was what started it all. I could have elaborated, but I left out the important parts on purpose...

Yes I will get around to it soon, but the timing seems a little bit off after I've been berated by a few people constantly for the last few hours. Give it some time and I might consider it.
My post earlier about the pocket square and hand in pocket was what started it all. I could have elaborated, but I left out the important parts on purpose...
Of course, because you are challenging us to dare to be great like you but we can't compete with you and your greatness because - and I know I sound like a broken record - but you have provided sweet fuck all to date.

I'm in this for the long run because I am tired of reading about COVID shit, whiny insurance resellers, and all the other dreck on here. While you prattle, The Shooman The Shooman has posted some Lattanzi monks he's acquired. He does not compete with you either.

A simple theory about colouration:
Bright primary colours are usually used as warning colouration to other humans in society. In part this is the reason a black suit is not recommended, because menswear neophytes tend to pair primary colours with their black suits and it makes them appear uncivilised.
Black has a historical precedent with the suit and also with menswear, but the invention of synthetic dyes has change the presence of black in menswear a lot, and now it's not a safe investment for beginners.

There is a reason primary school children have school uniforms in primary colours, it's designed to keep adults away from them, as well as it is to unite them as a group.

So based on the rational of not wanting to appear toxic, there is decidedly a better or worse choice in terms of the colouration of clothing a person can wear. This is not something I like to throw out there with others in case it offends their wardrobe choices, so please excuse my hesitancy to post such information.

A simple theory about colouration:
Bright primary colours are usually used as warning colouration to other humans in society. In part this is the reason a black suit is not recommended, because menswear neophytes tend to pair primary colours with their black suits and it makes them appear uncivilised.
Black has a historical precedent with the suit and also with menswear, but the invention of synthetic dyes has change the presence of black in menswear a lot, and now it's not a safe investment for beginners.
Stunning. No one on here is a neophyte and you won't find a black suit in play with most members because they already know this.

Moreover, black is a colour sink hole and leaves most complexions looking washed out. Depending on the lighting it can also pick up a green sheen. It also rarely has the depth of dark that charcoal or midnight blue can achieve. It often looks flat and lifeless.

Only the uninformed think they can pair anything but black and white with a black suit.

Can you please move on to the advanced level we are all at? Thanks.

There is a reason primary school children have school uniforms in primary colours, it's designed to keep adults away from them, as well as it is to unite them as a group.
sorry, I come from a backward land where school uniforms are in the minority and the pedos are not scared by primary colours since they all wear green Rider and Huskie jerseys. Kids and skinners if it wasn't clear to you.
So based on the rational of not wanting to appear toxic, there is decidedly a better or worse choice in terms of the colouration of clothing a person can wear. This is not something I like to throw out there with others in case it offends their wardrobe choices, so please excuse my hesitancy to post such information.
Again, you are down at entry level and we are waiting for you upstairs. Your posts are better suited for He Shat Style and Reddit low-rent menswear forum.

Aposematism can be applied to any piece of design or item in menswear clothing. It also effect those adjacent to it. e.g. black shoes with navy socks are usually a sensible choice, yet when paired with white socks that nexus of items becomes aposematic. Thus this small detail can taint the outfit of the wearer.
It's a small detail but sartorially this same theory can be applied to any nexus included in an ensemble.
1643340809370.png

Attachments

• 1643341035569.png
    1643341035569.png
    147.9 KB · Views: 64
Fascinating. Should we also study animal mating colours to help select the right colour of suit?

A731A09B-D138-4823-9227-A414E2419919.jpeg

Aposematism can be applied to any piece of design or item in menswear clothing. It also effect those adjacent to it. e.g. black shoes with navy socks are usually a sensible choice, yet when paired with white socks that nexus of items becomes aposematic. Thus this small detail can taint the outfit of the wearer.
It's a small detail but sartorially this same theory can be applied to any nexus included in an ensemble.
View attachment 42621
dude, you are Florising hard. why the fuck are you talking about white socks? Maybe you can tell us next how leaving the maker's label on the jacket sleeve can taint the outfit of the wearer.

I used them as an example. What I also said was that an aposematic item can taint the surrounding nexus and the rest of the ensemble. e.g. a Rep stripe tie with a violent coloured stripe in it, a foulard tie with a bright motif, a check in a sports coat, a splash of colour in a pocket square etc. All can taint a look.
Seemingly insignificant things that can reek havoc on a persons wallet and wardrobe if not kept in check.
1643341808586.jpeg
1643343135633.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I used them as an example. What I also said was that an aposematic item can taint the surrounding nexus and the rest of the ensemble. e.g. a Rep stripe tie with a violent coloured stripe in it, a foulard tie with a bright motif, a check in a sports coat, a splash of colour in a pocket square etc. All can taint a look.
Seemingly insignificant things that can reek havoc on a persons wallet and wardrobe if not kept in check.
View attachment 42625View attachment 42626
iGent 101. Fuck me, I have to step up my game if I am going to compete. Oh, wait, I would not combine such fugly shite. Again, Reddit worthy suit science and sport dressing.

Do you wear down-filled pants in town?

Thruth this is about the theory not those exact combinations. Yes it is seemingly basic, but at the same time there is a lot of disasterous items out there. I'm in the middle of something and not really interested in placating a bored middle aged man right now. Go outside and get some fresh air, play ball with your children or go buy something for your spouse etc.

Thruth this is about the theory not those exact combinations. Yes it is seemingly basic, but at the same time there is a lot of disasterous items out there. I'm in the middle of something and not really interested in placating a bored middle aged man right now. Go outside and get some fresh air, play ball with your children or go buy something for your spouse etc.
has it not occurred to you that your theory is beneath us? that is not an insult but fact. you are miles away from telling us anything new so you don't have to start with basics.

don't tell me what I am or am not as I am engaged with you being a charlatan at the moment. Besides I was just out feeding and watering the horses. we had a chat about whether I should have my Moxon bird's eye tissue done up or to flog it to others given that I don't really need any more suits. I don't think I'm even going to have my Scabal Sheltland tweed done up either as I had 4 jackets made last year so I don't need or want any more at the moment either. My children are grown and my grandchildren are in bed. I just gave my missus her monthly mad money so she is flush and then I bought a pair of sealskin, shearling-lined split toe boots with integrated, reversible ice cleats before coming back to your gibberish.

Your attempts to fob off dreck on us has been seen many times before. No one is falling for it.

Yikes I didn't realise you were THAT old. Far out, why are you even on the net in the first place? Shouldn't you be throwing bread for the ducks at the local pond?
In all seriousness, it saddens me to hear an elderly man is bickering on the forums. The internet is a shit show and should honestly be beneath someone of your age...

Good to hear you know what your doing with your wardrobe by your age, but seriously why are you still looking for answers at such a late stage in life? Have you not figured this all out yet? I'm not sure how to respond to you considering how old you are....

Yikes I didn't realise you were THAT old. Far out, why are you even on the net in the first place? Shouldn't you be throwing bread for the ducks at the local pond?
In all seriousness, it saddens me to hear an elderly man is bickering on the forums. The internet is a shit show and should honestly be beneath someone of your age...

Good to hear you know what your doing with your wardrobe by your age, but seriously why are you still looking for answers at such a late stage in life? Have you not figured this all out yet? I'm not sure how to respond to you considering how old you are....
Great fail on the assumptions. Commensurate with your menswear chops. I'd rather be approaching 60 than whatever age you might be because I can't tell if you are a 16 year-old troll just parroting shit you copied off the web or a rather thick adult. No, troll most likely. You might even turn out to be someone we've met before or know of. Time will tell.

In all seriousness, I am not elderly, I just started early but we do have elderly members should you care to insult them. At least your comments will be age appropriate. Although come to think of it they don't dress like old men. Old men dressed well. The rest of your screed is even sillier. Your posts are beneath even Arnathor Arnathor 's, and that is the point you keep avoiding. Again, red flags.

I'm not looking for answers. I joined by chance when the Passaggio Cravatte scamming was exposed. That was fabulous stuff. Then I stayed because I dug the peer knowledge exchange experience, not your ABC, 123 schtick.

So keep on keeping on with your avoidance. Your cupboard is bare, brother.

god you didn't have to insult him like this....

that's just mean.
it was thew white socks reference that set me off. The fucking patients I used to see in the psychiatric hospital made more sense

Great fail on the assumptions. Commensurate with your menswear chops. I'd rather be approaching 60 than whatever age you might be because I can't tell if you are a 16 year-old troll just parroting shit you copied off the web or a rather thick adult. No, troll most likely. You might even turn out to be someone we've met before or know of. Time will tell.

In all seriousness, I am not elderly, I just started early but we do have elderly members should you care to insult them. At least your comments will be age appropriate. Although come to think of it they don't dress like old men. Old men dressed well. The rest of your screed is even sillier. Your posts are beneath even Arnathor Arnathor 's, and that is the point you keep avoiding. Again, red flags.

I'm not looking for answers. I joined by chance when the Passaggio Cravatte scamming was exposed. That was fabulous stuff. Then I stayed because I dug the peer knowledge exchange experience, not your ABC, 123 schtick.

So keep on keeping on with your avoidance. Your cupboard is bare, brother.
Thruth you see the thing is as 'Floris 2.0' I have no incentive to help you out. Why would I help a bitter middle aged/elderly man dress better? If you haven't figured it out you likely never will.
It's laughable really, keep enjoying whatever it is that brings you back to your computer screen and away from the real world, how many years do you have left bickering on the innerweb. Just sad.

What's with this obsession with age? How is age a relevant factor in style?

Thruth you see the thing is as 'Floris 2.0' I have no incentive to help you out. Why would I help a bitter middle aged/elderly man dress better? If you haven't figured it out you likely never will.
It's laughable really, keep enjoying whatever it is that brings you back to your computer screen and away from the real world, how many years do you have left bickering on the innerweb. Just sad.
olololo. you still believe you have something of value to add here? don't let me stop you then. carry on with whatever it is that brings you back here to post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom