Random Uber stories

Fwiffo

Supporter
Why do brown drivers keep assuming I want to listen to Hindi music? I'm listening to Old Skool - Prem Dhilion. The bass is hammering away at me in between the rapping.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Do you know how some Uber drivers have the turn by turn narration turned on? I'm in a car driven by an Indian person and he has his mobile for Uber rigged to tell him the directions in Hindi English. It doesn't sound like Hank Azaria.

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
Do you know how some Uber drivers have the turn by turn narration turned on? I'm in a car driven by an Indian person and he has his mobile for Uber rigged to tell him the directions in Hindi English. It doesn't sound like Hank Azaria.
The last few drivers I’ve had haven’t had a fucking clue where they are, where they are going or how to get there. They drive turn by turn with eyes on the phone map. The UBER map is absolute shit. Google map is ok. Last week bloke is looking up Uber maps turn by turn and is taking backstreets and shortcuts and we go in a fucking circle 5 ks extra on a 14 k trip.

Last edited:

ballmouse

Street cabs are the way to go if I can help it. Most can drive to major destinations without a navigation app. And they drive like police don't exist (which I appreciate).

Fwiffo

Supporter
Street cabs are the way to go if I can help it. Most can drive to major destinations without a navigation app. And they drive like police don't exist (which I appreciate).
I use Uber because I am tired of brown, Arab, African and the occasional Eastern European driver going “you want to go where? That’s not far enough for me. Take the next car. Only big fares.”

Or the other issue I still encounter is paying by credit card. “You pay by card? Oh machine is broken today. You have cash? You don’t have cash I drop you in front of machine.”

Top Bottom