Ridiculous Stories In The News

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-36583486

A video has surfaced online showing staff at a Chinese bank being publicly spanked for poor performance during a training session, sparking outrage.

The video, first posted by the People's Daily, shows a trainer asking eight employees why they did not "exceed themselves" at training.
He then spanks them with what looks like a stick. Reports say he later also cut and shaved their hair.

Two executives at the bank have been suspended

Judge tells rape victim to keep her knees together

"The case in question involved the alleged rape of a 19-year-old woman by a Calgary man. She had accused him of raping her over a bathroom sink during a house party.

During the trial, Camp repeatedly and erroneously called the woman 'the accused' and asked her, 'Why couldn't you just keep your knees together?' and, 'Why didn't you just sink your bottom down into the basin so he couldn't penetrate you?'"

I'm having a hard time picturing the second one as a self defence maneuver.

So when the next Lord of the Rings features an all southeast Indian cast, you're okay with it?

I have never watched a Lord of the Rings movie. I would be okay with a black Bond of course. Why shouldn´t there be a black actor with the necessary charisma. Besides the quality of such a movie depends mainly on the script and the director´s and cameraman´s abilities.

The (Canadian) Tenors sang the national anthem at the all-star game.

One of the queerdos changed the lyrics of the Canadian anthem and inserted "we are all brothers and sisters. All lives matter..."

Don Cherry sums it up perfectly:

image.png

A waiter's mistake nearly kills a customer. Is that a crime?

"...have arrested a 22-year-old waiter for serving salmon tartare to a client who ordered beef tartare and had warned him he was allergic to seafood."

Has the man eaten any tartare before? Did he get the wrong entree and then continue eating it? How does salmon tartare looks like beef tartare? At least try to get something in a similar hue like tuna.

What fucknut can't tell the difference between raw salmon and raw steak?

It is a shame that the new refugees/immigrants are more important than those that came before.

But there were probably not air raids during WWII, Viet Nam and all wars in between

My father, who is an immigrant, basically echoed your statement and then said she should adapt. She can go back to being in peace now that the long weekend is over. At least until fireworks on New Year's Eve reminds her of Singhalese or Tamil mortars in and around Jaffna.

Customized pronouns: A good idea that makes no sense

The latest thing on campus is to introduce yourself by name and “preferred pronoun.” “Hello, my name is Dan and I prefer he/him.” Or, short enough for Twitter or the name-sticker at a campus mixer, “Jay (they/them).”

The choice is not limited to “he,” “she,” or “they.” “Ze” or “zie” is common in some communities as an alternative to traditional gender pronouns, as is “ey” and “xe.” Some people even create their own. The performer Justin Vivian Bond prefers “v,” and a student at the University of Michigan chose “his majesty” to protest the fact he was being asked to specify a pronoun at all.

---

What's the world come to? I don't remember this during my uni days. If you're a man, I'll call you a he. And if you're a cunt, I'm going to call you one.

Customized pronouns: A good idea that makes no sense

The latest thing on campus is to introduce yourself by name and “preferred pronoun.” “Hello, my name is Dan and I prefer he/him.” Or, short enough for Twitter or the name-sticker at a campus mixer, “Jay (they/them).”

The choice is not limited to “he,” “she,” or “they.” “Ze” or “zie” is common in some communities as an alternative to traditional gender pronouns, as is “ey” and “xe.” Some people even create their own. The performer Justin Vivian Bond prefers “v,” and a student at the University of Michigan chose “his majesty” to protest the fact he was being asked to specify a pronoun at all.

---

What's the world come to? I don't remember this during my uni days. If you're a man, I'll call you a he. And if you're a cunt, I'm going to call you one.

Too right Fwiffs. Most likely Transgender wasn't the "in thing" when you were in Uni

Too right Fwiffs. Most likely Transgender wasn't the "in thing" when you were in Uni

I'm just wondering how many people like this exist that we must make accommodations. I have a feeling in a few years I will be interviewing a candidate and they will not want to be referred to as "miss" or "sir" and insist on being described as a sacred prince amongst rabbit royalty or some other malarkey. And then some labour board will force me to accommodate this behaviour.

I'm okay with the transgender bathrooms which reminds me of my first time in Denmark with the unisex closed door toilets and the common area for washing up.

I'm just wondering how these people will survive in the real world. What if they're an ethnic minority, transgender and they have some physical disfigurement? Do we all dance around thin ice for such a sensitive and utterly useless member of society?

I have a feeling in a few years I will be interviewing a candidate and they will not want to be referred to as "miss" or "sir" and insist on being described as a sacred prince amongst rabbit royalty or some other malarkey.
Sacred Prince Amongst Rabbit Royalty is a fantastic custom title for someone

I'm just wondering how many people like this exist that we must make accommodations. I have a feeling in a few years I will be interviewing a candidate and they will not want to be referred to as "miss" or "sir" and insist on being described as a sacred prince amongst rabbit royalty or some other malarkey. And then some labour board will force me to accommodate this behaviour.

I'm okay with the transgender bathrooms which reminds me of my first time in Denmark with the unisex closed door toilets and the common area for washing up.

I'm just wondering how these people will survive in the real world. What if they're an ethnic minority, transgender and they have some physical disfigurement? Do we all dance around thin ice for such a sensitive and utterly useless member of society?

Based on our human rights tribunals and their absurd rulings plus our social welfare system, said useless member of society stands to make some big $$

University opens without teachers

I thought part of the post secondary experience is to go through the academic system (alien and foreign to most) with professors, deans, etc. and try to find a way to succeed in that system so you accrue life skills that can be applied when you embark on your career in organizational life. At least that's what I gained after initially failing miserably.

Will these folks enter the workforce expecting there won't be a boss either? We're all democratic? Will surgeons teach themselves how to cut people open too?

People can teach themselves, no doubt. The problem is teaching them how to teach themselves in the first place. The university is the place for that. The person who came up with this idea surely wears his ass for a hat as well.

University opens without teachers

I thought part of the post secondary experience is to go through the academic system (alien and foreign to most) with professors, deans, etc. and try to find a way to succeed in that system so you accrue life skills that can be applied when you embark on your career in organizational life. At least that's what I gained after initially failing miserably.

Will these folks enter the workforce expecting there won't be a boss either? We're all democratic? Will surgeons teach themselves how to cut people open too?
People can teach themselves, no doubt. The problem is teaching them how to teach themselves in the first place. The university is the place for that. The person who came up with this idea surely wears his ass for a hat as well.

The rise of alternatives like 42 or MOOCS demonstrates the failure of the University system. Undergraduate education by and large does not encourage original thought and instead relies on regurgitation of lectures on exams. Or worse, multiple guess examination. Profs are too lazy to create new exams so students merely study old exams. Polytechnics and trade schools equip their graduates with readily employable skills. I'm not sure what is worse: entitled snowflake students or entitled, lazy tenured profs who loathe teaching leaving that to legions of itinerant sessionals or terms who drag rolling suitcases around campus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom