Ridiculous Stories In The News

"We're going to have to be a little uncomfortable right now because it's only in pushing through that discomfort that we get to the other side —shows just how far the U.K. has to go to begin to right its historic wrongs.

It’s commendable that Harry and Meghan were willing to risk the ire of the tabloids to speak honestly about Britain’s wrongdoing toward people of color in a way that most other royals are not, particularly after Meghan’s own poor treatment due to her background. But it will take much more than the Duke and Duchess of Sussex speaking out for the country to have the dialogue — and make the changes — it needs."

What wrongs? Are you f@cking kidding me? The entire period of the British Empire?

Fwiffs, haven't you learned that the Duchess, the Ginger and the Royal Sprog are completely self-serving and full of shit?

Fwiffs, haven't you learned that the Duchess, the Ginger and the Royal Sprog are completely self-serving and full of shit?

I know the hand doesn't feed them anymore but it doesn't mean you have to go bite or in this case lop it off.

I know the hand doesn't feed them anymore but it doesn't mean you have to go bite or in this case lop it off.

They are entitled. Archwell, their charity spends 80% on themselves including their security, will get half the funds in Diana's charity which spends 87% on charitable projects. And they are still yapping like they are relevant

decriminalize drugs

You wouldn't want to be giving someone who is manic, bipolar or who has a penchant for biting people like a rabid dog anything like meta-amphetamine, legal or not. If the drugs had been legal, it would have made little difference in this sad case.

You wouldn't want to be giving someone who is manic, bipolar or who has a penchant for biting people like a rabid dog anything like meta-amphetamine, legal or not. If the drugs had been legal, it would have made little difference in this sad case.
oh i didn't know you were a doctor in your spare time. tell me doctor, in your professional opinion, would allowing a supposedly manic, bipolar patient free and easy access to the medication they needed to keep from feeling like they have to bite people be a good thing? im pretty sure that being able to resolve what the medical professionals clearly were unable to achieve would have proved helpful. you know, since this poor kid was using fucking meth just to be able to try and balance himself out.

oh i didn't know you were a doctor in your spare time. tell me doctor, in your professional opinion, would allowing a supposedly manic, bipolar patient free and easy access to the medication they needed to keep from feeling like they have to bite people be a good thing? im pretty sure that being able to resolve what the medical professionals clearly were unable to achieve would have proved helpful. you know, since this poor kid was using fucking meth just to be able to try and balance himself out.

You don't take crystal meth to balance yourself out. You don't need to be a medical doctor to know that. But interesting enough, guess who was at the local meta-amphetamine factory raid and subsequent fire last week:

IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1152.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

IMG_1161.jpg

Are you purposely being stupid here, or are you just trolling?

I hope its that latter.

neither. just asking dr. kildare over here some pertinent medical questions. would you, as an esteemed physician yourself, care to answer this issue?

WTF are you taking about? The guy has mental health problems made worse, or maybe initially caused by his drug taking.

Do I have to be a physicist to tell you that if you were to jump off the Empire State Building that you would go splat and not survive?

WTF are you taking about? The guy has mental health problems made worse, or maybe initially caused by his drug taking.
see, this right here is what i'm talking about. the guy has mental health issues, sure, we can agree on that. but you automatically lump him into a category of 'psychotic drug users'. "just look at what these drugs have done to his poor mind". your colleague, dr. kildare, came to effectively the same conclusion. its just very easy for you to reduce people's lived experiences down to the most basic terms to fit your narrative isn't it?

see, this right here is what i'm talking about. the guy has mental health issues, sure, we can agree on that. but you automatically lump him into a category of 'psychotic drug users'. "just look at what these drugs have done to his poor mind". your colleague, dr. kildare, came to effectively the same conclusion. its just very easy for you to reduce people's lived experiences down to the most basic terms to fit your narrative isn't it?

I did no such thing. Look, he has mental health problems, again maybe caused, but certainly exacerbated by his heavy drug use. That's quite a cocktail of drugs he's been taking.

Also there is no need to self-medicate in Britain as we have the NHS which is free at the point of use. And I'm pretty sure his mother, who was the Shadow Home Secretary could have obtained the very best medical care for her Privately educated, Cambridge Graduate, Civil Service Fast Tracked Son.

This isn't a poor kid, from the projects we're talking about here kiddo...DO YOUR RESEARCH.

Oh, and by the way. I was rather taken by your expressions of sympathy for the those professionals who had to deal with him, and the physical abuse he meted out.......Oh...!!!

I did no such thing. Look, he has mental health problems, again maybe caused, but certainly exacerbated by his heavy drug use. That's quite a cocktail of drugs he's been taking.

Also there is no need to self-medicate in Britain as we have the NHS which is free at the point of use. And I'm pretty sure his mother, who was the Shadow Home Secretary could have obtained the very best medical care for her Privately educated, Cambridge Graduate, Civil Service Fast Tracked Son.

This isn't a poor kid, from the projects we're talking about here kiddo...DO YOUR RESEARCH.

Oh, and by the way. I was rather taken by your expressions of sympathy for the those professionals who had to deal with him, and the physical abuse he meted out.......Oh...!!!

To be fair to our American chums, they probably didn't get my original meaning of ''privilege'', which was exactly this: ''....his mother, who was the Shadow Home Secretary could have obtained the very best medical care for her Privately educated, Cambridge Graduate, Civil Service Fast Tracked Son.''

He had the connections and wealth to pay for an education that would get him into an environment where he could be fast tracked into the Ambassador class. That was no accident and he was no poor kid, he was extremely privileged.

Perhaps I had a subtext there. As you and I know, but not necessarily other non-Brit forum members, his mother was one of the leading Labour pontificators on the evils of select, private and elite education establishments, arguing that everyone should go to the same bog standard secondary moderns. Whilst sending their own kids to the best schools that money and being a member of the political elite could secure.

And when challenged on this she said that black mothers like her will do everything to ensure their kids get a better education than the rest and how dare you ask the question. The decision she made was made not as politician, but as a mother. Her policy only applied to you lot, not her kids. And not the only example of a Labour MP with utter hypocrisy on this educational matter.

To be fair to our American chums, they probably didn't get my original meaning of ''privilege'', which was exactly this: ''....his mother, who was the Shadow Home Secretary could have obtained the very best medical care for her Privately educated, Cambridge Graduate, Civil Service Fast Tracked Son.''

He had the connections and wealth to pay for an education that would get him into an environment where he could be fast tracked into the Ambassador class. That was no accident and he was no poor kid, he was extremely privileged.

Perhaps I had a subtext there. As you and I know, but not necessarily other non-Brit forum members, his mother was one of the leading Labour pontificators on the evils of select, private and elite education establishments, arguing that everyone should go to the same bog standard secondary moderns. Whilst sending their own kids to the best schools that money and being a member of the political elite could secure.

And when challenged on this she said that black mothers like her will do everything to ensure their kids get a better education than the rest and how dare you ask the question. The decision she made was made not as politician, but as a mother. Her policy only applied to you lot, not her kids. And not the only example of a Labour MP with utter hypocrisy on this educational matter.

Rambo thinks that everywhere is an extension of America.

oh i read the article and i get the underlying cause and effect of your argument here. what i'm attacking is the drug use angle and the stigmatizing of the disease that this kid clearly has against his drug usage, which both you and dr. kildare explicitly did in your statements. and now i'm going to attack your explicit implication that mental illness is just something that the rich should have taken care of because they have the money to when, in fact, the painfully underfunded NHS has backlogs of mental health patients who go undertreated and uncared for. now, yes, this young man may have skipped to the front of the line because of his status, but maybe not, and even if he did its incredibly difficult to diagnose, treat, and maintain treatment of a mental illness of this type. the usage of drugs is very common in bipolar patients as they seek to use the substances to "balance" themselves out. of course neither of you two esteemed practitioners of medicine even thought to bring that into your frame of view. maybe you needed to DO YOUR RESEARCH. or maybe you could have just read the fucking article:

Sarah Elliott, QC, defending, said the 28-year-old had been ‘self-medicating’ due to mental health issues, revealing his mother had first taken him to a child psychologist as early as 13.

as for sympathy for the professionals i have much for the health care workers but it seems like a complete failure to properly medicate and secure a patient. how the fuck did he bounce around to so many facilities unchecked like this? i also note you have no sympathy for mrs. abbot herself after reading this point:

Prosecutor Benn Maguire told the court the Labour MP was ‘chased around her home’ by her son ‘who said he had a gun in his pocket’, although no gun was later found.

this was also an interesting tidbit that neither of our esteemed lawyers of the panel picked up on:

Yesterday Judge Aaronberg QC told him: ‘You were a model citizen, you had a good education, a good degree and good employment. You need to resist the temptation of taking illicit drugs in the future.’

now THIS is what power and privilege gets you. pretty sure your "poor kid from the projects" wouldn't have gotten that same treatment.

love the subtle "perhaps". very nice save. of course you then went to shit all over it by then attempting to make a political point. where's all that sympathy on your end?

Rambo thinks that everywhere is an extension of America.
you dont think an american politician's kid would have gotten a cushy job and special treatment in the courts after something like this? now who's fooling themselves.

oh i read the article and i get the underlying cause and effect of your argument here. what i'm attacking is the drug use angle and the stigmatizing of the disease that this kid clearly has against his drug usage, which both you and dr. kildare explicitly did in your statements. and now i'm going to attack your explicit implication that mental illness is just something that the rich should have taken care of because they have the money to when, in fact, the painfully underfunded NHS has backlogs of mental health patients who go undertreated and uncared for. now, yes, this young man may have skipped to the front of the line because of his status, but maybe not, and even if he did its incredibly difficult to diagnose, treat, and maintain treatment of a mental illness of this type. the usage of drugs is very common in bipolar patients as they seek to use the substances to "balance" themselves out. of course neither of you two esteemed practitioners of medicine even thought to bring that into your frame of view. maybe you needed to DO YOUR RESEARCH. or maybe you could have just read the fucking article:

as for sympathy for the professionals i have much for the health care workers but it seems like a complete failure to properly medicate and secure a patient. how the fuck did he bounce around to so many facilities unchecked like this? i also note you have no sympathy for mrs. abbot herself after reading this point:

this was also an interesting tidbit that neither of our esteemed lawyers of the panel picked up on:

now THIS is what power and privilege gets you. pretty sure your "poor kid from the projects" wouldn't have gotten that same treatment.

love the subtle "perhaps". very nice save. of course you then went to shit all over it by then attempting to make a political point. where's all that sympathy on your end?

you dont think an american politician's kid would have gotten a cushy job and special treatment in the courts after something like this? now who's fooling themselves.

Firstly, where did I stigmatise his mental health problems?

The sympathy is in the poetry, and there's none for over privileged class A drug takers who were fast tracked into the elite Ambassador class. Which means, either he was elevated because of connections regardless of his frothing at the mouth credentials, or he competed on ability and was the best person for the job then decided to go loco with rampant drug abuse.

To the English, those who bite Nurses and front line workers, regardless of race or class (no get of jail free) are considered pariahs. There's no coming back after that kind of act. Seriously, no way back.

We detest them to the extent we are glad he will never have a career and his mother's dream of founding a political dynasty is finished.

We only want the best and no diktat mandating our allotted quota of the criminally insane on the board is going to change that.

So yes, no sympathy at all. And no guilt in that. Ever.

The sympathy is in the poetry, and there's none for over privileged class A drug takers who were fast tracked into the elite Ambassador class. Which means, either he was elevated because of connections regardless of his frothing at the mouth credentials, or he competed on ability and was the best person for the job then decided to go loco with rampant drug abuse.

To the English, those who bite Nurses and front line workers, regardless of race or class (no get of jail free) are considered pariahs. There's no coming back after that kind of act. Seriously, no way back.

We detest them to the extent we are glad he will never have a career and his mother's dream of founding a political dynasty is finished.

We only want the best and no diktat mandating our allotted quota of the criminally insane on the board is going to change that.

A1472DEE-168F-47B4-9C33-A0D031FBCD77.gif

ah yes. this makes total sense. when i supposedly dont show care for the cops im one of the worst people that have ever lived. but when its the privileged child of your political enemy, then fuck that guy, right?

really? is this the missing paragraph from god save the queen? who says shit like this?

which is the only thing you actually care about here.

only the best torries though, right?

great. i cant wait until people start burning cops and landlords alive. im going to bookmark this post to have something to refer to.

clearly its the drugs that did it to him...

That's not stigmatising him, its merely pointing out what may ([...]maybe[...]) have caused his psychosis, Heavy drug use can and often does lead to serious mental heath problems. Yet above you say you want to legalise them?

Therefore, I suggest, that you don't accuse others of lacking compassion when you want to legalise the very thing that in lots of cases is the cause of their misery, misery for their loved ones and misery to wider society who have to clean up the shit. (but clearly not the police since you want to disband them).

This new society you envision is going to work out real well.

That's not stigmatising him, its merely pointing out what may ([...]maybe[...]) have caused his psychosis, Heavy drug use can and often does lead to serious mental heath problems. Yet above you say you want to legalise them?
oh come on. dont try and weasel out of this. you know exactly what you were trying to imply there.

furthermore you're once again stigmatizing drug usage and attempting to imply that somehow any drug usage, which is the point of legalization, is the same as heavy drug usage which leads to addiction.

Therefore, I suggest, that you don't accuse others of lacking compassion when you want to legalise the very thing that in lots of cases is the cause of their misery, misery for their loved ones and misery to wider society who have to clean up the shit. (but clearly not the police since you want to disband them).
you, in fact, accused me of this very same thing when i was attempting to advocate compassion for the young man. oh he's rich. oh he's privileged. oh his mother is a politician we dont like.

i also do not understand how you can look at a situation like we just had, where this gentleman had to seek out illegal drugs to attempt to combat his mental health issues, and then advocate for making it more difficult for those same people. who's the compassionate one here???

This new society you envision is going to work out real well.
i think so.

oh come on. dont try and weasel out of this. you know exactly what you were trying to imply there.

furthermore you're once again stigmatizing drug usage and attempting to imply that somehow any drug usage, which is the point of legalization, is the same as heavy drug usage which leads to addiction.

you, in fact, accused me of this very same thing when i was attempting to advocate compassion for the young man. oh he's rich. oh he's privileged. oh his mother is a politician we dont like.

i also do not understand how you can look at a situation like we just had, where this gentleman had to seek out illegal drugs to attempt to combat his mental health issues, and then advocate for making it more difficult for those same people. who's the compassionate one here???

i think so.

I'm not trying to weasel out of anything. I said in the original post 'maybe'. Its not clear from the article whether the taking of drugs was the cause of his mental problems, or his attempt to alleviate them. I suspect the former.

Secondly, you do not alleviate mental health problems by taking cocktails of non-prescription, recreational drugs, you make them worse, as is clearly the case here.

Now as a parent, I'm sympathetic to his mother, that goes without saying, as to wherther or not I'm sympathetic to him, well, that's dependant on whether or not he is the architect of his own downfall, that is; if he took drugs out of desperation to alleviate his symptoms, then yes, if the psychosis has come about through long-term recreational drug use, then not really.

To your point about the mental health care in the NHS, that is correct, there is a shortfall in mental health care in the NHS, but the solution is to increase the funding available for treatment NOT to make what are illegal drugs, legal so people can 'self-medicate'. That's madness.

Mental illnesses need treatment and care from mental health professionals, not the local dealer knocking gear out on the street corner.

Secondly, you do not alleviate mental health problems by taking cocktails of non-prescription, recreational drugs, you make them worse, as is clearly the case here.
and i ask, once again, who are you to make a claim like this? what exactly is your medical experience in this field? you're trumpeting this shit like its some kind of common knowledge and yet you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

and i ask, once again, who are you to make a claim like this? what exactly is your medical experience in this field? you're trumpeting this shit like its some kind of common knowledge and yet you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

BECAUSE MY WIFE IS FUCKING DOCTOR AT A LARGE HOSPITAL IN THE NORTHWEST OF ENGLAND.

AND....

SECONDLY THERE ARE REAMS AND REAMS OF DATA TO FUCKING BACK IT UP....

ARE YOU CLEAR NOW, OR WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO....

SHOUT A LITTLE FUCKING LOUDER!!!

For example, this from The Lancet on cannabis use and the increase in suicide risk.

This form the NCBI

But I know what, fuck the data; lets legalise the drugs, defund the police, agitate to increase racial tension because, well its gunna lead to A Brave New World.

Contemptible.

BECAUSE MY WIFE IS FUCKING DOCTOR AT A LARGE HOSPITAL IN THE NORTHWEST OF ENGLAND.

AND....

SECONDLY THERE ARE REAMS AND REAMS OF DATA TO FUCKING BACK IT UP....

ARE YOU CLEAR NOW, OR WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO....

SHOUT A LITTLE FUCKING LOUDER!!!

How can you even discuss/debate with someone who not only supports this madness but cant even articulate reasonable arguments in its favor other than saying you are not a doctor. Honestly it makes me question your mental health.

Last edited:
I guess I should think twice about this joint I have in my drawer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom