The All-Inclusive Shoe & Boot Thread

Sammy Ambrose

View attachment 38752

The man who made them:
View attachment 38749

The two men on the right (looking at photo) are responsible for the alligator perfection. Top TOP experts, the two of them. Both have left Cleverley now, thank goodness. I wonder what my shoemaker is doing now, he seems to have vanished. Would have thought he might have started his own brand, but then again, bespoke making doesn't make much money....certainly not glamorous. View attachment 38750
Not a shoe I would wear. But clearly perfection. How often have they been worn? To what extent does alligator crease/stretch/distort etc?

The Shooman

A Pretty Face
Not a shoe I would wear. But clearly perfection. How often have they been worn? To what extent does alligator crease/stretch/distort etc?

I have worn them a fair bit. Alligator creases much less than calf. My alligator shoe looks exactly the same as it did years ago, it looks brand new. No wrinkles or creases at all. Alligator doesn't really stretch either.

florisgreen

Thanks florisgreen florisgreen that is a compliment coming from you. I probably should have ordered it in medium brown, but l am a real sucker for navy blue shoes.

A family shot of some of my colourful shoos.

I like colourful shoes in the warmer months. The one on the right at the front is a rare aussie bespoke, he was one of the finest aussie shoemakers and l was his only client for handmade bespoke. He stitched over 3,000 pairs in Italy and came to Oz in 1957, but he made machine shoes for everyone else except for me.

The purple shoe is perhaps the finest rtw derby ever made, but BIG Johnny Lobb of course. What a beauty!
View attachment 38753
Thanks to you! It makes me proud to have your esteem.

I very much like the amber colour one on the bottom rights.

Sammy Ambrose

I have worn them a fair bit. Alligator creases much less than calf. My alligator shoe looks exactly the same as it did years ago, it looks brand new. No wrinkles or creases at all. Alligator doesn't really stretch either.
Interesting.

Without a doubt a shoe that keeps its shape has a lot going for it.

I've noticed, too, that women rate the practial expression of that quality highly when they give an opinion on men's shoes.

robertito

I am not an expert in Crockett and jones but the brogues seem to be made on the 337 last from Crocket Jones that is a the same last than the the Audley model from the handgrade range

Audley29447A-C01L32_1200x1200.jpg
w960.jpg

The loafers I don't know but I dont like elongated lasts on a loafer.

Rambo

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
Supporter
Thanks florisgreen florisgreen that is a compliment coming from you. I probably should have ordered it in medium brown, but l am a real sucker for navy blue shoes.

A family shot of some of my colourful shoos.

I like colourful shoes in the warmer months. The one on the right at the front is a rare aussie bespoke, he was one of the finest aussie shoemakers and l was his only client for handmade bespoke. He stitched over 3,000 pairs in Italy and came to Oz in 1957, but he made machine shoes for everyone else except for me.

The purple shoe is perhaps the finest rtw derby ever made, but BIG Johnny Lobb of course. What a beauty!
View attachment 38753
Shooey if you ever decide to become a pimp you’ll have half the wardrobe essentials covered.

The Shooman

A Pretty Face
Very nice combinations of colours.

I really enjoyed that colour combination today, it hit the right spot and got the day off on a good note. In person those colours look richer, especially those socks.

The shoes are all hand welted with hand stitched soles, so the flexibility of that double sole is a unique experience that only connoisseurs of handmade shoes get to really appreciate and understand. The shoe is solid yet soft. It is an experience a goodyear welted shoe can't even approach, the feeling is completely different. Comparing the feel of a fully handmade shoe to a factory shoe is like comparing apples to oranges. I went for a walk today in those shoes and the feeling was just WOW. The shoe has molded to my foot over the years, but the handwork really impacts the shoe and brings out the magic. Nothing compares to a proper handmade shoe, it delivers a proper footwear experience.

I read so much on the forums about Johnny Lobb comparing or being better than Vass etc. No no no, the comparison is not even close. Vass blow BIG Johnny Lobb rtw right out of the water in so many ways, but mainly because of the way it is built and stitched. It provides the true footwear experience with no compromises.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
I hope he's got more than eight, otherwise what a complete amateur...:cool:
Four pairs of uber expensive and hard to get boots from the Japanese master. As much as I admire them, I can’t ever imagine dropping $2k+ on one pair.

Top Bottom