The beauty of Monarchy and Aristocracy!

formby002

Not quite royalty, but a Sir, the aesthete, high art historian, museum director and landscape designer, Sir Roy Strong, aristo-casual in action:

View attachment 35077View attachment 35078

View attachment 35080
View attachment 35081

View attachment 35082

View attachment 35083

View attachment 35084
View attachment 35085

View attachment 35086
View attachment 35087
This is more an example of English eccentricity.

I'm sure Strong was a client of Nutters in his youth.

Pimpernel Smith

This is more an example of English eccentricity.

I'm sure Strong was a client of Nutters in his youth.
He goes way back, photos of him in his early career, he's very much dressed as you would expect a middle class Brit in the late 50s and early 60s. No evidence of the flamboyant peacock that was to come.

The Shooman

A Pretty Face
Paul Keating, prime minister of Oz for a short time and politician in the 80's and early 90's. He was well known for his Zegna suits and sometimes for Gucci suits. Perhaps the best dressed of our politicians for a long long time.

Paul Keating - suit 1.jpg Paul Keating - suit 2.jpg Paul Keating - suit 3 + three PM.jpg Paul Keating - suit 4.jpg Paul Keating - suit 5.jpg Paul Keating - suit 7.jpg

Two classic Paul Keating moments:

Last edited:

Great White Snark

Isn’t one of them shagging his Dad’s ex?
Keeping the aristocratic in-breeding theme going eh, although their grandad was a blue collar coal miner IIRC so I doubt he would approve of their toff lifestyle!

Pimpernel Smith

Isn’t one of them shagging his Dad’s ex?
Keeping the aristocratic in-breeding theme going eh, although their grandad was a blue collar coal miner IIRC so I doubt he would approve of their toff lifestyle!
I didn't know that, makes a refreshing change from shagging your brother's missus. Ferry's last wife was a tidy piece, but she wanted kids and at his age, he called BS on that.

Top Bottom