The beauty of Monarchy and Aristocracy!

Not quite royalty, but a Sir, the aesthete, high art historian, museum director and landscape designer, Sir Roy Strong, aristo-casual in action:

View attachment 35077View attachment 35078

View attachment 35080
View attachment 35081

View attachment 35082

View attachment 35083

View attachment 35084
View attachment 35085

View attachment 35086
View attachment 35087

This is more an example of English eccentricity.

I'm sure Strong was a client of Nutters in his youth.

This is more an example of English eccentricity.

I'm sure Strong was a client of Nutters in his youth.

He goes way back, photos of him in his early career, he's very much dressed as you would expect a middle class Brit in the late 50s and early 60s. No evidence of the flamboyant peacock that was to come.

Paul Keating, prime minister of Oz for a short time and politician in the 80's and early 90's. He was well known for his Zegna suits and sometimes for Gucci suits. Perhaps the best dressed of our politicians for a long long time.

Paul Keating - suit 1.jpg Paul Keating - suit 2.jpg Paul Keating - suit 3 + three PM.jpg Paul Keating - suit 4.jpg Paul Keating - suit 5.jpg Paul Keating - suit 7.jpg

Two classic Paul Keating moments:

Last edited:
Isn’t one of them shagging his Dad’s ex?
Keeping the aristocratic in-breeding theme going eh, although their grandad was a blue collar coal miner IIRC so I doubt he would approve of their toff lifestyle!

Isn’t one of them shagging his Dad’s ex?
Keeping the aristocratic in-breeding theme going eh, although their grandad was a blue collar coal miner IIRC so I doubt he would approve of their toff lifestyle!

I didn't know that, makes a refreshing change from shagging your brother's missus. Ferry's last wife was a tidy piece, but she wanted kids and at his age, he called BS on that.

Prince Charles on sustainable tailoring i.e. I mend things:

Prince Michael cuts corners on his shoos. Caught!!!
Prince Michael of Kent shoos.png

Instead of forking out thousands for a pair, he skimped and only paid in the hundreds instead.

While l don't like Kim's trousers above, l do prefer his wide trousers over most other people's. Imo a trouser should be wider because it looks more dressy. The trousers on most suits today are too narrow and don't look good.

I like the width of Kim's trousers here.
Wide trousers 2.jpg
Wide trousers 3.jpg

Probably a bit wide here, but l would prefer him in wide trousers. Why? A wide body should be balanced out more with wide legs. It goes against style advice, but nothing worse than a big body with skinny legs. Always liked Trump's choice in wider trousers too....looks more dapper and manly and serious than boys narrow legged trousers.
Wide trousers 5.jpg

While l don't like Kim's trousers above, l do prefer his wide trousers over most other people's. Imo a trouser should be wider because it looks more dressy. The trousers on most suits today are too narrow and don't look good.

I like the width of Kim's trousers here.
View attachment 37002
View attachment 37004

Probably a bit wide here, but l would prefer him in wide trousers. Why? A wide body should be balanced out more with wide legs. It goes against style advice, but nothing worse than a big body with skinny legs. Always liked Trump's choice in wider trousers too....looks more dapper and manly and serious than boys narrow legged trousers.
View attachment 37005

For all his money, professed interest in beauty and people willing to advise him, Trump still looks like he bought his suit from the Men’s Warehouse sales rack.

One thing few of the forum crowd can pull off is the blazer. The Duke of Kent, Duke of Edinburgh, Duke of Windsor and many other Dukes could pull them off, and here are a few showing us how it's done.

Prince Michael of Kent

Prince Michael of Kent - blazer 3.jpg
Prince Michael of Kent - blazer 5.jpg
Prince Michael of Kent - blazer 4.png

The late Duke of Edinburgh (husband of the Duke of Lancaster/Queen)
Duke of Edinborough - blazer.jpg

I've already posted pics of Michael of Kent in the "disagreeable" thread, but they belong here, as the man embodies great style and real aristocracy.

GettyImages-116708134.jpg
download (13).jpg
c51f08dd5e2483b6ca9d735a57f89808.jpg
princess-michael-of-kent-and-prince-michael-of-kent-attend-news-photo-1150131918-1564515492.jpg
gettyimages-83397052.jpg

His wife is as classy as well:

686f42fc-0001-0005-0000-000000514133_w420_r1.4583333333333333_fpx34.29_fpy50.jpg
gettyimages-152129812-1024x1024.jpg
gettyimages-52240804-1024x1024.jpg
princess-michael-1312384814.jpg
Prinzessin-Marie-Christine-von-Kent.jpg

John Galsworthy, English novelist. I honestly don't know if he counts as aristocracy, but here he is, photographed in 1922.

He may not have been an aristocrat, but Galsworthy's family were certainly wealthy.

He was offered a knighthood in the 1920s, but declined.

He may not have been an aristocrat, but Galsworthy's family were certainly wealthy.

He was offered a knighthood in the 1920s, but declined.
He certainly wasn't an aristocrat and he was scathing of the upper middle classes and who isn't?

According to a very reliable source, the recent hit-job on the Duke of Kent, had PR spin manipulated by Sunshine Sachs who as you may know are the PR/marketing firm for Harry the Cad and Meghan of Hollyweird.

He certainly wasn't an aristocrat and he was scathing of the upper middle classes and who isn't?

According to a very reliable source, the recent hit-job on the Duke of Kent, had PR spin manipulated by Sunshine Sachs who as you may know are the PR/marketing firm for Harry the Cad and Meghan of Hollyweird.
You are the biggest middle class fluffer here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom