The Biden Presidency

A bit confused why we needed to be serenaded with Hunter Biden in the nude... Presumably high as a kite.
winning charlie sheen GIF

A bit confused why we needed to be serenaded with Hunter Biden in the nude... Presumably high as a kite.
wait, you are for freedom of speech in the Supreme Court case and against it here, which is suppression of free speech.

Fascinating.

wait, you are for freedom of speech in the Supreme Court case and against it here, which is suppression of free speech.

Fascinating.

I believe the article was about whether Twitter was right or wrong to block salacious stories on Hunter Biden and the governance controls that were or were not in place. Dragging photographs of him into it doesn't really shed any light whether things are properly blocked or not. If the story was about Hunter Biden's dodgy business deals, etc. then photographs exposing his lack of character and judgement make sense. In my case, the photographs are not relevant or related to how pre or post Elon Musk's Twitter conducts censorship. There are plenty of other people who are censored or not censored on Twitter.

And I wasn't for or against the Supreme Court case of the Colorado woman. I went to a Turkish club a few weeks ago with someone who I won't name his ethnicity but neither him nor I would ever be misconstrued as Turkish. The club's tables were less than half full and after checking around the host / manager said everything is reserved. We said we only wanted a drink for an hour and it was before 10:00 PM so we could stand around the bar which was completely empty and were told it's full too. We then left. I didn't go to the press about being accommodated or not. I didn't ask them for accommodation. I just accepted that's reality. He only does business with Turks.

It's no different than I walk into a shawarma place where all the signs are in Arabic, everyone speaks only Arabic and if I can't order shawarma that's on me. Not the owner of the business. I don't need to force them to grudgingly serve me shawarma they'll spit on anyway.

Biden just became first Democrat not to lose a Senate seat in their midterm since FDR. In a high inflation environment.

"Clarence Thomas’ concurring opinion in the Supreme Court’s ruling on Roe, in which he called on the conservative-majority court to also revisit landmark decisions that legalized the right to contraception and same-sex marriage."

He only wanted to get rid of same sex marriage. He's in an interracial marriage himself.

All the way to the inauguration in 2029.

I thought the rule was if you are from that culture you can be disparaging to yourself. Black people with the n word. Indians using the term brown.

"A Republican congressional committee says it will investigate."

Let the tit for tat witch hunts continue....

"The documents were found on 2 November last year, days before the US midterm elections, in a locked closet."

Curiously not leaked to the public ahead of the midterms.

"Biden will use the speech to reach a wider audience that may have only a passing interest in politics and policy, and assure its members that he’s enacted plans that will make their daily commutes shorter and their prescription drug bills lower, a person close to the White House said.

That will take some doing: An NBC News survey last month found that only 31% believe Biden to be a competent and effective president, while 71% say the country is on the wrong track."

Uhh, Mr. President, you are going to stake your second term on commute times and lower prescription drug prices? Those are the big rocks and pressing issues of our time?

"Biden will use the speech to reach a wider audience that may have only a passing interest in politics and policy, and assure its members that he’s enacted plans that will make their daily commutes shorter and their prescription drug bills lower, a person close to the White House said.

That will take some doing: An NBC News survey last month found that only 31% believe Biden to be a competent and effective president, while 71% say the country is on the wrong track."

Uhh, Mr. President, you are going to stake your second term on commute times and lower prescription drug prices? Those are the big rocks and pressing issues of our time?

You disappointed he’s not tackling the growing number of underwhelming uber drivers?

You disappointed he’s not tackling the growing number of underwhelming uber drivers?

That would entail having a policy on sustainable and financially secure employment for gig workers in the most important Generation Z demographic and a cohesive policy on immigration.

Such agenda items are beyond a small minded President who spent 8 years as VP and a lifetime in the Senate with an equally small minded legislative record.

“What happened in Afghanistan was a systemic breakdown of the federal government at every level — and a stunning, stunning failure of leadership by the Biden administration,”

In the world's worst kept secret, President Biden is running for a second term.

It's behind a pay wall but the editorial today in my local paper was not kind. I paraphrase: there aren't any other viable candidates in the Democratic party and on the other side there is Trump and DeSantis. Biden should be supported to prevent a "woefully unprepared" Kamala Harris from ever becoming President.

The writer also did some mathematics with his age. He is 4 years older than George W Bush who left the office a decade and a half ago. He is 19 years senior to Barack Obama. During the next election he will be 4 years older than the second oldest President, Ronald Regan, when he left office.

But Warren Buffet and Charlie Munger are still running Berkshire Hathaway at 92 and 99 respectively.

Media Blackout as Bank Records Show Biden Family Received $10M From China, Foreign Interests

Documentation of hard evidence including company records and bank documents included here. All funelled into shell companies to try and hide the money.
https://justthenews.com/sites/default/files/2023-05/Bank Memorandum 5.10.23.pdf

There's no media blackout, Shooey. The Beeb reported this today . And one paragraph read:

"The report does not show payments to Mr Biden. Neither does it provide explicit evidence to back up the Republican lawmakers' central claim that these business dealings influenced Mr Biden. "

"The report does not show payments to Mr Biden. Neither does it provide explicit evidence to back up the Republican lawmakers' central claim that these business dealings influenced Mr Biden. "
It does show payments to his immediate family though. The article also says the report „does not allege illegal conduct“ and no one seems to even try to refute any of the factual claims of the report.

no one seems to even try to refute any of the factual claims of the report.

That is the key thing. Any news company can put out two lines saying it is not true, but how about fully debunking the claim and tell us why they think the story is a load of rubbish. It is interesting how the media has so little to say when these types of things come out.

That is the key thing. Any news company can put out two lines saying it is not true, but how about fully debunking the claim and tell us why they think the story is a load of rubbish. It is interesting how the media has so little to say when these types of things come out.

Even the partisan report can’t make any link to the president taking a dime, of any influence on policy decisions or of any unlawful acts.

They are trying to harm the President by attacking his family. On the face of the partisan report, it does look damaging for the son. It will be interesting to see if they manage to back up some of the wilder claims with evidence at some point. But it’s still no different to the influence peddling that the Trump kids pushed or countless others before them. The whole system is corrupt and the bar is pretty low, but
this confirms that Biden has a little more integrity than his recent predecessors.

The point is ,Shooey , that it is not the job of responsible, fair and reasonably balanced media to investigate every claim and prove or disprove it. That's what laywers do in instances of alleged illegality. You can be assured that the findings of these laywyers will be reported if they are sufficiently revealing to merit further interest.
But, going back to your original post on this, I do hope that you now realise that there is no media blackout.

Early days yet. Be patient.

The son did lie on his NICS background check form when he purchased a firearm, failing to disclose his drug use. While the other tax filing charges may or may not stick, this will be a hard one to get out of and will probably lead to a felony conviction and probation/ community service. Republicans will try to use this to hurt the president in the next elections, but it’s hard to say what the effect will be. Family scandals don’t always change votes.

How anyone can still support him for the next presidency it is because they are against Trump, GOP or they are blind.

I have been around a lot of senior citizens but he tried to get up on his own and couldn’t. That is a clear sign of old age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom