The Biden Presidency

"Such moves are extremely dangerous, just like playing with fire. Whoever plays with fire will get burnt,"

Bit sensationalist. He said it to a paper not to the President over the video.

"Mr Xi has not left China in nearly two years, since the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic."

Dodgy vaccine record.

they're just such a bunch of cocksuckers.
Well, they're certainly not best in class, or on top of their brief.

Thought the comment on Obama's failure kicked-in when he became ideological was interesting. As up to a certain point, he was this uniting figure, now he's just another freaky race baiter calling out his mate's Bruce Springsteen's fans as white, working class racist deplorable scum. With Springsteen nodding in approval failing to remember he use to kiss Clarence Clemons on the lips during his epic shows to overwhelming applause. Not much racism back then.

Well, they're certainly not best in class, or on top of their brief.

Thought the comment on Obama's failure kicked-in when he became ideological was interesting. As up to a certain point, he was this uniting figure, now he's just another freaky race baiter calling out his mate's Bruce Springsteen's fans as white, working class racist deplorable scum. With Springsteen nodding in approval failing to remember he use to kiss Clarence Clemons on the lips during his epic shows to overwhelming applause. Not much racism back then.

No one cares about good old Bruce. Nothing Obama did or didn’t do will be affected, remembered or forgotten based on his interactions with Springsteen. Your ability to hyper focus on the inane is mesmerizing.

No one cares about good old Bruce. Nothing Obama did or didn’t do will be affected, remembered or forgotten based on his interactions with Springsteen. Your ability to hyper focus on the inane is mesmerizing.
Glad you care.

Attention to detail is everything. That recent interview, in the last weeks, with Obama and Springsteen is essential for understanding why everything in Woke America is so fucking wrong.

From my viewpoint, 'wokeness' is one of those things that makes the rounds on twitter and the equivalent but in real life, it is not really a thing. And I have a very diverse social and professional circle - more than most here. Rabid right-wingers keep going on about it keeping it in the public sphere and a lot of Loopy lefties harping on about it. The average Jane/John doesn't really care either way tbh

For all the grief millennials get - most of it, justified- let's not forget, you boomers created the millennials. They are products of their environment.

Attention to detail is everything. That recent interview, in the last weeks, with Obama and Springsteen is essential for understanding why everything in Woke America is so fucking wrong.
attention to detail is important but you're constantly focusing on the wrong fucking things. no one in public talks about this shit. they talk about how they can't afford food or a place to live and their lives are miserable.

From my viewpoint, 'wokeness' is one of those things that makes the rounds on twitter and the equivalent but in real life, it is not really a thing. And I have a very diverse social and professional circle - more than most here. Rabid right-wingers keep going on about it keeping it in the public sphere and a lot of Loopy lefties harping on about it. The average Jane/John doesn't really care either way tbh

For all the grief millennials get - most of it, justified- let's not forget, you boomers created the millennials. They are products of their environment.

Much like the Tide Pod Challenge, ‘woke’ started as an ironic joke amongst lefty kids and boomers fell for it hook, line and sinker.

Whether it's called Wokeness, or something else, Obama has called it the ''Great Awakening'' there is an attempt by certain Western elites to impose a new language and paradigm on the masses whilst protecting themselves in the name of the post-democratic technocratic order.

Wokeness or whatever you call it was the culture and language to be used to keep us all in line and good order.

Mixing elements of Maoism, feudalism, fake environmentalism and voodoo post-modernism it's a top-down imposition and hence it's doomed to failure. The question is whether that's now, or 70 or 150 years down the line.

attention to detail is important but you're constantly focusing on the wrong fucking things. no one in public talks about this shit. they talk about how they can't afford food or a place to live and their lives are miserable.
Thought they were going to own nothing and be happy?

Whether it's called Wokeness, or something else, Obama has called it the ''Great Awakening'' there is an attempt by certain Western elites to impose a new language and paradigm on the masses whilst protecting themselves in the name of the post-democratic technocratic order.

Wokeness or whatever you call it was the culture and language to be used to keep us all in line and good order.

Mixing elements of Maoism, feudalism, fake environmentalism and voodoo post-modernism it's a top-down imposition and hence it's doomed to failure. The question is whether that's now, or 70 or 150 years down the line.

Thought they were going to own nothing and be happy?
What?

Obama has called it the ''Great Awakening''

Former President Barack Obama:
We need Americans of good will to unite in a great awakening against a politics that too often has been characterized by corruption, carelessness, self-dealing, disinformation, ignorance, and just plain meanness. [Emphasis added]

Sounds very reasoned and reasonable to me. I think that you're putting your own interpretation - or should I say, spin - on Obama's words.

Worth repeating the NT Minister’s reply to Ted Cruz’s dumbfuckery comments:

”It is now clear that Covid will be with us for quite a while longer and that deaths related to the virus will keep accumulating. For much of the last few months, more than 1,000 Americans have died of Covid every day. There is little reason to think that number will improve in the coming days. More Americans have died from Covid in 2021 than in 2020.”

“Instead, like many presidents following the initial rush of lawmaking, Biden’s presidency will now be largely reactive and focused on managing crises. And the major problem facing the country is still Covid-19. He ran for president and may have even won the office based on the promise that he could manage the pandemic better than his predecessor, former President Donald Trump. However, despite Biden’s initial success in getting vaccines out and the administration’s much stronger grounding in scientific reality than the Trump administration, the news on Covid is not good.”

”It is now clear that Covid will be with us for quite a while longer and that deaths related to the virus will keep accumulating. For much of the last few months, more than 1,000 Americans have died of Covid every day. There is little reason to think that number will improve in the coming days. More Americans have died from Covid in 2021 than in 2020.”

“Instead, like many presidents following the initial rush of lawmaking, Biden’s presidency will now be largely reactive and focused on managing crises. And the major problem facing the country is still Covid-19. He ran for president and may have even won the office based on the promise that he could manage the pandemic better than his predecessor, former President Donald Trump. However, despite Biden’s initial success in getting vaccines out and the administration’s much stronger grounding in scientific reality than the Trump administration, the news on Covid is not good.”
is this like the queen moving into the next phase?

is this like the queen moving into the next phase?

No. It's when Sam Shepard says "We just lost the initiative" after the first helicopter goes down in Black Hawk Down.

Now he's reacting to events and not able to dictate the legacy of his presidency. He started on the back foot already when there were these rumours he was a one term President before Kamala Harris takes over.

No. It's when Sam Shepard says "We just lost the initiative" after the first helicopter goes down in Black Hawk Down.

Now he's reacting to events and not able to dictate the legacy of his presidency. He started on the back foot already when there were these rumours he was a one term President before Kamala Harris takes over.
i know fwiffers i was making a joke about him being old and senile.

"But the national mood is sour, and understandably so. Sanity, competence, and civility have not exactly returned to Washington; normalcy is not just around the corner. Biden, it is now clear, promised what he couldn’t deliver in a nation divided against itself. He trafficked in hope that was arguably as misleading in its own way as Trump’s lies. More than four hundred thousand Americans have died of covid since Trump left office—many of them because they refused to get a free, lifesaving vaccine."

"But the national mood is sour, and understandably so. Sanity, competence, and civility have not exactly returned to Washington; normalcy is not just around the corner. Biden, it is now clear, promised what he couldn’t deliver in a nation divided against itself. He trafficked in hope that was arguably as misleading in its own way as Trump’s lies. More than four hundred thousand Americans have died of covid since Trump left office—many of them because they refused to get a free, lifesaving vaccine."

The WORST president and getting ready to strengthen his hold on that claim!

No one will ever be worse than Obama and Reagan but he’s sure on the way to their level!

Where are those tests at joE?

Reagan was bad? Didn't he win the Cold War? I don't quite remember much about him but it was a bad idea to put a movie actor into the White House?

I didn't even finish reading to the final section of that piece, but lost count of the number of strawmen that VDH erected.

I didn't even finish reading to the final section of that piece, but lost count of the number of strawmen that VDH erected.
You don't need to keep tally, take from it what you will. I do.

I dig VDH as he's perceptive and very astute on the US situation - at least from my outsider perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom