The Football/Soccer Thread

Kingstonian

Ratings
City win.

Brentford draw with Norwich on New Years Day. Should have won with a decent referee. Norwich - big units who foul and feign injury to draw cards. Ticket system still playing up. Always have to go to the ticket office as turnstile readers cannot scan either printed tickets or membership cards.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
Ticket system still playing up. Always have to go to the ticket office as turnstile readers cannot scan either printed tickets or membership cards.
Over here they are getting rid of paper tickets. Reckon next season only seasons holders will have it and the rest will have to use their mobile for entrance. The club says it cracks down on touts and fraudulent tickets.

Kingstonian

Ratings
Over here they are getting rid of paper tickets. Reckon next season only seasons holders will have it and the rest will have to use their mobile for entrance. The club says it cracks down on touts and fraudulent tickets.
Sadly the way of the world. I don’t like relying on phones for tickets. Some people don’t have computers.

Paying cash on the day was much better. Prices were better too. No season ticket required just turn up in good time for bigger games.

Kingstonian

Ratings
Yes. They lost to Burnley today and scored ALL the goals. I dodged a bullet not getting a Fulham season ticket.

Meanwhile Brentford are back to early season form. Bees 3 Stoke 1.
Stoke have a new manager but still some of their old players Shawcross, Allen, that useless Berahino that Mark Hughes was foolish enough to sign.
Nevertheless they have a rich English owner who runs a huge online betting firm. So they will be OK.

Kingstonian

Ratings
Yes Crouch comes on as a substitute at 38 years of age. There have been older players.

Stoke’s Stanley Matthews famously kept playing in the top flight until he was 50.

Noob

Ratings
Liverpool fans:

-- we are 5 points up

-- we are 3 points up

-- we are level but have a game in hand, and mcfc has the cups to worry about

-- we are still in the champions league

-- we are ahead of man utd

-- well, good year, we finished 4th.

walker

Ratings
what does kloppo say?

Liverpool fans:

-- we are 5 points up

-- we are 3 points up

-- we are level but have a game in hand, and mcfc has the cups to worry about

-- we are still in the champions league

-- we are ahead of man utd

-- well, good year, we finished 4th.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
I was on the plane and watched Spurs-Arsenal. Soft penalty for Kane in my opinion and aubemayang and Ozil coming on late didn't do much. Was surprised City could only pot one against Bournemouth. And I got to see the 24M Atlanta United player be anonymous on Newcastle against West Ham. Surprised Mark Noble is still there.

Kingstonian

Ratings
On home performances Brentford would be second in the Championship table behind Leeds. Automatic promotion.

On away form they would be twentieth, just above the relegation spots

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
Solskjaer no longer only caretaker manager for United.

I don't know if anyone read Louis van Gaal's interview: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47704834

"The coach after me [Mourinho] changed to park-the-bus tactics and played on the counter. Now there is another coach who parks the bus and plays on the counter. The main difference between Mourinho and Solskjaer is that Solskjaer is winning."

He was pretty scathing on all his acquisitions.

"'Wayne Rooney should have been the number 10 but Robin van Persie was not fit enough for the Premier League, which meant Rooney was the best striker we had. But Manchester United needs the best striker in the world.'

He tried to address the problem.

In came Angel di Maria, Radamel Falcao and Bastian Schweinsteiger. Huge names at huge expense.

The first two lasted a single season, Schweinsteiger made four appearances in his second before moving to Major League Soccer in March 2017.

Di Maria recently blamed Van Gaal for his United failure because he picked him in the wrong positions.

'Di Maria says it was my problem. I played him in every attacking position. You can check that. He never convinced me in any of those positions. He could not deal with the continuous pressure on the ball in the Premier League. That was his problem,' says Van Gaal.

'I brought Schweinsteiger in because we needed a captain on the pitch. He didn't do it. He was injured. He had an excuse."

Top Bottom