The Fragrance Thread & SOTD

Read about it, interesting.

Got some LV cactus garden samples, really digging the smell after a few minutes.

Between Cuir de Russie and Shalimar sounds interesting.. The Chanels are usually good.
i know they're popular but i've never been a big fan of the exclusifs line or the channel mens line in particular other than bleu parfum.

Not a fan of the Racquets in its previous version. The unisex Penhaligon's other than Limes and the Fern one tends to be a bit too perfumey.

I've still got that Cairo to open from them, which will be soon as the Sartorial is nearly gone.

This seven minutes of this series has Suggs in Jermyn Street and Floris:

Ordered the Floris Elite aftershave, shaving balm and soap:

Floris.jpg

Had run out of Pehnaligon's and L'Occitane soap and only had some Rituals shower gel my sister had bought me awhile back. Like washing yourself in axle grease.

The new Penhaligon's website is dreadful. No hard soaps to be found. Blenheim Bouquet aftershave splash run out, so decided to give Floris Elite ago on the basis there's a full range of layered scent there from soap to balm and aftershave.

I do have Floris 89 - James Bond’s favourite bought in Jermyn Street. It’s OK.

I am not big on aftershaves. I quite like Tabac which is cheap and cheerful and probably the Euro equivalent of Brut.

Men used to smell of Woodbines and Brylcream.

I also used to have Fahrenheit which was very pleasant, but after a decade or so it ran out and apparently the formula has changed.

I also have something called Azzaro which is cheap enough and lasts a long time. I remember one of my pals was going out with a foreign sort called Azzara at the time. She was nice enough but they made an unlikely couple.

I also used to have Fahrenheit which was very pleasant, but after a decade or so it ran out and apparently the formula has changed.

I also have something called Azzaro which is cheap enough and lasts a long time. I remember one of my pals was going out with a foreign sort called Azzara at the time. She was nice enough but they made an unlikely couple.
Thought Fahrenheit was magnificent when it first came out. It was extremely unlike anything else at the time. Same too the Lacoste Booster from the 1980s which has long been discontinued. That was seriously effervescent. I think it was too expensive to make.

Thought Fahrenheit was magnificent when it first came out. It was extremely unlike anything else at the time. Same too the Lacoste Booster from the 1980s which has long been discontinued. That was seriously effervescent. I think it was too expensive to make.
The only thing that approached Fahrenheit was Grey Flannel.

Fahrenheit is one of the greatest men's perfumes ever made and we unlikely to see its kind again. Everything now is so generic.

The 80s was a great time for men's perfumes as the market really opened out.

The only thing that approached Fahrenheit was Grey Flannel.

Fahrenheit is one of the greatest men's perfumes ever made and we unlikely to see its kind again. Everything now is so generic.

The 80s was a great time for men's perfumes as the market really opened out.
Glad I had a discerning nose back then, never checked out Grey Flannel. Fahrenheit resonated as a young man coming of age back in 1988. It was so very ''Yes!'' in an apprentice TSC way.

Nevertheless, in these diminished times, I am a couple of days max from having to break out the Cairo. I want to smell like the British Museum or some grandfather's old sea chest. Full of mystery and hints of Indiana Jones type of adventures. I think it delivers on that front.

Meanwhile, the Floris Elite aftershave, balm and soap is already on the way.

Glad I had a discerning nose back then, never checked out Grey Flannel. Fahrenheit resonated as a young man coming of age back in 1988. It was so very ''Yes!'' in an apprentice TSC way.

Nevertheless, in these diminished times, I am a couple of days max from having to break out the Cairo. I want to smell like the British Museum or some grandfather's old sea chest. Full of mystery and hints of Indiana Jones type of adventures. I think it delivers on that front.

Meanwhile, the Floris Elite aftershave, balm and soap is already on the way.
Some of those 80s behemoths are worthy of rediscovery. Xerxes and Antaeus are good. As is Givenchy Gentlemen but I think that's a bit older.

Ralph Lauren Polo used to remind me of Wintergreen/Vick. S'nice and masculine.

Could never warm to Kouros or Jazz. Paco Rabanne neither.

I used to wear one in the 90s called Escada, which had a Cognac note. Rich and boozy suited the Mohair look I rocked like a fucker back then...

Some of those 80s behemoths are worthy of rediscovery. Xerxes and Antaeus are good. As is Givenchy Gentlemen but I think that's a bit older.

Ralph Lauren Polo used to remind me of Wintergreen/Vick. S'nice and masculine.

Could never warm to Kouros or Jazz. Paco Rabanne neither.

I used to wear one in the 90s called Escada, which had a Cognac note. Rich and boozy suited the Mohair look I rocked like a fucker back then...
Indeed they are, definitely would exclude Paco Rabanne. It was so in your face and of its time as to be unrepeatable.

The original Polo Green deodorant stick was something very special as well. No BO was going to get through that. Another discontinued masterpiece.

Been hit with €46 import duties on my Floris order. Well over 21% BTW, apparently classed as semi-dangerous goods.

Indeed they are, definitely would exclude Paco Rabanne. It was so in your face and of its time as to be unrepeatable.

The original Polo Green deodorant stick was something very special as well. No BO was going to get through that. Another discontinued masterpiece.

Been hit with €46 import duties on my Floris order. Well over 21% BTW, apparently classed as semi-dangerous goods.
You should protest that decision and get a rebate

It all started going wrong in the 90s with unisex perfumes (WTF?) and the proliferation of flankers...???!!!!!!

You should protest that decision and get a rebate
You can contest it, but you still need to pay up front and being here, it will be a long winded and bureaucratic process with zero chance of going your way. It's well known import duties here are arbitrary.
It all started going wrong in the 90s with unisex perfumes (WTF?) and the proliferation of flankers...???!!!!!!
That was Jean Paul Gaultier's fault. The only full-on unisex scent I've purchased was Penhaligon's Juniper Sling. Very feminine in essence. Something I imagine the new Ronan Farrow would sport.

The youngest has already nabbed one of the Floris Elite soaps. Got two samples of the 1962 and 1988. The 1962 was the best.

You can contest it, but you still need to pay up front and being here, it will be a long winded and bureaucratic process with zero chance of going your way. It's well known import duties here are arbitrary.

That was Jean Paul Gaultier's fault. The only full-on unisex scent I've purchased was Penhaligon's Juniper Sling. Very feminine in essence. Something I imagine the new Ronan Farrow would sport.

The youngest has already nabbed one of the Floris Elite soaps. Got two samples of the 1962 and 1988. The 1962 was the best.
Well, wearing perfumes created for the opposite sex isn't a new thing, of course, Jicky and Tabac Blond come to mind but they weren't created to be unisex.

I do have Floris 89 - James Bond’s favourite bought in Jermyn Street. It’s OK.

I am not big on aftershaves. I quite like Tabac which is cheap and cheerful and probably the Euro equivalent of Brut.

Men used to smell of Woodbines and Brylcream.
I bought the No.89 aftershave with the balm as well, this time arrived with no import duties.

More subtle than the Elite, similar though. Wanted to get the Havana from Trumpers, but the website kept bombing me out.

At the moment it's Cairo and Elite as my top aftershave and fragrance.

I wore the MFK Grand Hoor today and spawned a super spreader event because everyone had to take their masks off to tell me how much sex I was proyecting.
that does tend to happen.

How sexy is each? Always in for a split with you and Dogfish.
even though they "say" cologne, the bottles actually are parfums, so I'm not exactly sure what the hell they were going for with the labeling. the universalis smelled absolutely awful. the vitae was kind of nice but the celestia seemed like the best of the bunch. i got a sample to try out of the last two so hopefully i'll have something good to report. i've got a full bucket of samples to send up to you btw whenever we do our next split.

also tried the new hermes h1. really, really, really underwhelming. kind of a metallic fresh scent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom