The Next Election, Political News, and Other Forms of Comedy (US, UK, & Intl)

December 7, 9/11 and Jan 6 are three dates all Americans are familiar with and will live on in history in infamy. I’m not sure the aftermath or response to these three attacks really matters.

My dad’s generation always talked about remembering where they were when President Kennedy was assassinated. Now I hear people saying they will never forget where they were during the 9/11 and Jan 6 attacks.
i had to look up the pearl harbor date. i asked 7 people about this and none knew the exact date. i think that one has gone by the wayside.
 
I don't think that Jan 6 will live in infamy or be one of the dates that will be remembered. I really had no clue of the significance this past week until all of the coverage was reported. No one I knew even mentioned it.
 
December 7, 9/11 and Jan 6 are three dates all Americans are familiar with and will live on in history in infamy. I’m not sure the aftermath or response to these three attacks really matters.

My dad’s generation always talked about remembering where they were when President Kennedy was assassinated. Now I hear people saying they will never forget where they were during the 9/11 and Jan 6 attacks.

9/11? Yes.
Jan 6? Not even close. I know of no one who says that.
 
Are they Kazakh or are they Russian? The tables turned after the fall of the Soviet Union and a lot of the Russians were shunted aside to make way for the natives. Bit like the white Afrikaner.
Ethnically Kazakhs. Russians are still about a quarter of the population of Kazakhstan.

It will likely keep Putin preoccupied and out of the Ukraine. So from that perspective some mischief they is welcomed.
 
 

"As many as 100 people were invited to a 'bring-your-own-booze' drinks event in the Downing Street garden during the first lockdown, it is understood."

I'm not sure what is more disturbing. That 100 people were boozing at 10 Downing or you have to stop by Tesco or an off licence and bring your own liquor to a party at 10 Downing.
 
Now I hear people saying they will never forget where they were during the 9/11 and Jan 6 attacks.

To add to this....

I clearly remember 9/11. I was working down on West St/Houston(Manhattan) and saw/experienced 9/11 firsthand. It is as vivid today as it was on 9/11.

I have no clue where/what I was doing I was on Jan 6. I know of no one who even mentioned it last week or leading up to last week.
 
I vaguely remember 9/11. Living outside the US at the time, we mostly dismissed it on the day as just another terror attack there. I remember a staff meeting going on and one guy messing with the dial-up Internet trying to get a live feed of US news. It wasn’t until that evening when I caught the news that I started to get that this was significantly different to previous terror attacks.

I’ll never forget Jan 6. I was in the state opperations center, which is a giant bunker four floors underground, with about 250 other people. The first we heard was the FBI flash that the Capitol was under attack. As people started looking up at the screens, conversations went silent and phones were going an answered. The Texas Rangers started scrambling to secure the state Capitol in case there were secondary attacks. I was supposed to be on a call with the FEMA director that afternoon but it was canceled. It was chilling and unforgettable being there and seeing everything unfold. I remember seeing a lady from the state guard wiping away tears and a state trooper whose face was going red he was so angry as they showed the police getting beaten by the mob.
 
I vaguely remember 9/11. Living outside the US at the time, we mostly dismissed it on the day as just another terror attack there. I remember a staff meeting going on and one guy messing with the dial-up Internet trying to get a live feed of US news. It wasn’t until that evening when I caught the news that I started to get that this was significantly different to previous terror attacks.

I’ll never forget Jan 6. I was in the state opperations center, which is a giant bunker four floors underground, with about 250 other people. The first we heard was the FBI flash that the Capitol was under attack. As people started looking up at the screens, conversations went silent and phones were going an answered. The Texas Rangers started scrambling to secure the state Capitol in case there were secondary attacks. I was supposed to be on a call with the FEMA director that afternoon but it was canceled. It was chilling and unforgettable being there and seeing everything unfold. I remember seeing a lady from the state guard wiping away tears and a state trooper whose face was going red he was so angry as they showed the police getting beaten by the mob.
Exactly, you were in the bunker displaying a definitive example of ''bunker mentality'' i.e. a hyper-sensed experience of being under extreme attack by a hostile opposition. Hence all the crying and stuff. Of course you would remember it, as it was part of your work day.

For the rest of us, it was a rather undignified spectacle that cannot in anyway, based on the facts and alleged infamy, to be equated with 9/11 or Pearl Harbor. Utterly absurd on many levels. I remember exactly where I was on 9/11 driving across the Dartford Bridge when I turned on Talk Radio and the presenter exclaimed ''America is under attack...'' I remember the weather, the rest of the day, the hotel which was full of Americans who were bused in from Heathrow, watching it all and talking with people in the hotel bar. I remember what I drank, everything. It's seared into my consciousness. I couldn't tell you were I was and what I was doing on the 06-Jan. And none of my American colleagues ever mentioned it at the time.

As a creation myth, to usher in a terror against domestic targets of the Democrats, it's going to be a tough sell.
 

2500.jpg


_122709472_bf1c42fa-3c01-4f64-9807-9b44295ff8ae.jpg
 

It's not just the PM. It's the opposition too.
god what a day to be rid of both of those cunts at the same time.

sadly nothing will ever come of this.
 


interesting 50/50 split in the comments about how its a useless waste of money and the victims of grenfell have yet to be rehomed.
 


interesting 50/50 split in the comments about how its a useless waste of money and the victims of grenfell have yet to be rehomed.


Next is the refurbishment of Westminster which means Parliament needs to convene somewhere else for XX years and XXX GBP.
 
god what a day to be rid of both of those cunts at the same time.

sadly nothing will ever come of this.
To be fair to Starmer, he was drinking a zero alcohol Fosters and his was a much less formal, or at this stage, a seemingly less sustained/weekly event.

No.10, with or without Boris's consent, although with his intermittent attendance, was clearly the biggest finger to we're all in this together, ever. The only good thing, the longer Boris stays, the zero chance they will dare impose another lock down.


interesting 50/50 split in the comments about how its a useless waste of money and the victims of grenfell have yet to be rehomed.

I doubt very much, any survivor of Grenfell has yet to be housed. They were immediately put in - no questions asked - four star hotel accomodation with spending money. They will all have been rehoused in non-high rise accommodation and will be suitably on for big payouts.
 


this place has to be near by me the guitar shaped hotel in the next commercial is the Hard Rock around 20 miles away.
 

"It was, without a doubt, an ugly poll. According to a November survey by USA Today, Ms Harris' public approval rating sat at 28%, making her one of the least popular vice-presidents in modern history - lower than Iraq War architect Dick Cheney, who was reviled by Democrats."

Her boss is making her look bad.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom