The Next Election, Political News, and Other Forms of Comedy (US, UK, & Intl)

The whole system looks pretty unorganized to me like it was a 3rd world country.
In Germany you automatically get an invitation card for the next election (local or general) with your name and a number on it.
You take that card to the polling station, where it gets collected and your name crossed out on the list before they hand out the actual ballot.
The list of parties and their candidates is clear and easy to understand. You vote by making 2 crosses, fold the ballot and put it in a big box with a lock.
When the poll is over the box gets opened and the votes counted and recounted under the watchful eyes of several people. There is little room for fraud, because live votes and mail votes get cross checked.
 
The fact that low-information voters are almost unanimously Democrats does not make fighting voter fraud discriminatory.

Stephen A Smith said blacks should all vote Republican once since they tend to vote for Dems historically, a party basically has ignored them because the Dem party has their votes secured, and never vote for Repubs who has basically forgotten about about them, that the current trend of disenfranchisement might change.

Personally I never vote for liberals. Lived in a socialist country before and the last thing I want is someone preaching bigger government.
 
25/25. But given my avatar, I'd be disappointed in anything less.

Rambo, arguing that you aren't a democrat because you never vote is either disingenuous, cavilling, or shows a remarkable lack of self-awareness. You are a liberal Democrat. Be proud of who you are. I disagree with you on most things, but who the hell cares?
 
Rambo, arguing that you aren't a democrat because you never vote is either disingenuous, cavilling, or shows a remarkable lack of self-awareness. You are a liberal Democrat. Be proud of who you are. I disagree with you on most things, but who the hell cares?
I don't care one iota. I'm not saying I don't have tremendously liberal ideas. I clearly do. What I'm saying is that I don't necessarily just fall in line with one party's agenda over another.
 
Had to Google him. Appears he is somewhat of a moderate which is needed to balance Hilary's craziness.
 
Had to Google him. Appears he is somewhat of a moderate which is needed to balance Hilary's craziness.
He's a republican. He has absolutely no chance of winning. He's the only one who didn't vote for the Iraq war in the repub side. I think it would fit.
 
You dont think Repulican will win? I didn't think so either, but everyone I know who was an Obama supporter now absolutely dislike him and tired of the Dems. Not suggesting Repubs are any better.

Rand Paul! Rand Paul! Rand Paul! Rand Paul!
 
You dont think Repulican will win? I didn't think so either, but everyone I know who was an Obama supporter now absolutely dislike him and tired of the Dems.

I think you're giving the majority of Obama supporters far too much credit. My dad posted a wonderful observation yesterday as he was wrapping up tax season, about a client of his who held him up on the phone complaining about $60k of new taxes he was paying when my dad knew for a fact that he voted 2x for Obama. Made me laugh.
 
america is bigger than whatever clown you elect. All that is needed is international strife for y'all to fulfill the country's purpose. Everything else is just white noise.
 
He's the only one who didn't vote for the Iraq war in the repub side.
I thought you were joking, but Wikipedia has him considering a Democratic challenge to Hilrod for 2016. I love that he's born to a political family, goes to prestigious New England schools, then goes off to Montana to learn about shoeing horses and does that for seven years.
Hillary-Logo-Im-With-Stupid-460x216.jpg
 
Partial honest. Currently I doubt there is any "clean" politician left. Maybe we should start over with a clean slate.
 
Reading more on Chafee, he's not getting my vote (not that I'm voting Democratic except to spoil local elections anyway). I do enjoy that he caused a ruckus by calling the Governor's mansion Xmas tree a holiday tree. I'm a soldier in the War on Xmas.
 
I guess no one. Maybe the Founding Fathers. I understand it's really hard to be not persuaded by special interests, hopefully less influenced
 
I guess no one. Maybe the Founding Fathers. I understand it's really hard to be not persuaded by special interests, hopefully less influenced

Somehow the "founding fathers" are viewed full of reverence, but history has shown that overthrowing a ruling power triggers all sorts of new forms of corruption under the veil of freedom. I doubt they were much different, or I'm just cynical. I don't believe we've ever seen a clean politician, as a clean politician is of no use to the elite.
 
Somehow the "founding fathers" are viewed full of reverence, but history has shown that overthrowing a ruling power triggers all sorts of new forms of corruption under the veil of freedom.
The American Revolution was led by wealthy merchants with self-interest, but there is the point that they did indeed risk (and in many, many cases lose) their own fortunes and lives in doing so. And once they had independence, they were true believers that viciously avoided aristocracy and the like. Like with family businesses, the first generation is the purest and most impressive and it tends to rapidly go downhill after that.
 
The American Revolution was led by wealthy merchants with self-interest, but there is the point that they did indeed risk (and in many, many cases lose) their own fortunes and lives in doing so. And once they had independence, they were true believers that viciously avoided aristocracy and the like. Like with family businesses, the first generation is the purest and most impressive and it tends to rapidly go downhill after that.

So you viciously oppose monarchy and replace it with elected hooligans that cater to special interests, sounds clean.

Having trouble seeing the forest from the trees, because to me it seems the elite removed the king because they got some wealth and power and weren't being catered to.

Hardly the ingredients for a "clean" politician to emerge. I'm sure on many levels they were well intentioned, but things always move from a state of order to disorder, as physics has shown.
 
Have you read their writings? Their private letters were high-minded and they were on a grand experiment. They could've installed themselves as the new oppressors but did not. Some wanted Washington as king, but he opposed that. I suspect the lefty America-haters would prattle on about something besides Sally Hemmings if they could find it. I'm unaware of scandal.
The thing to keep in mind is that the wealth gap in the agrarian age was much shallower. The "rich" were maybe ten times as wealthy as anybody else. Wealth before the industrial age was not a durable, portable, or exponentially growing thing. Financial shenanigans barely existed. Mercantilism had led to class mobility, but the vestiges of duty were still there from the monarchy. Imbecility of social darwinism had not come about yet to pollute decent Christian beliefs.
 
Interesting historical background. I am not too familiar with American history pre-Civil War. Although I recall the reverence held for the Founding Fathers when I lived in China. America held a special mysterious aura in my mind.
 
Have you read their writings? Their private letters were high-minded and they were on a grand experiment. They could've installed themselves as the new oppressors but did not. Some wanted Washington as king, but he opposed that. I suspect the lefty America-haters would prattle on about something besides Sally Hemmings if they could find it. I'm unaware of scandal.
The thing to keep in mind is that the wealth gap in the agrarian age was much shallower. The "rich" were maybe ten times as wealthy as anybody else. Wealth before the industrial age was not a durable, portable, or exponentially growing thing. Financial shenanigans barely existed. Mercantilism had led to class mobility, but the vestiges of duty were still there from the monarchy. Imbecility of social darwinism had not come about yet to pollute decent Christian beliefs.

Wealth in agrarian age was land based. I don't think it was a 10x thing, as lots of people had 1000x more land. The shenanigans you are pointing to developed later on (not that there were not shenanigans of other sorts), so when it was possible, it was exploited.

In essence, the American revolution was based on taking land back from the monarchy into private hands. Privatization, heh.
 
Aren't you part scot? :thinking2:

My last name begins with Mc, as does my mother's, I look Scottish, consistently endorse Scottish things, my ancestors were born in Scotland, but I really don't identify as Scottish, so no, I'm not Scottish. I don't even vote in Scottish elections.


I learned it from you Dad, I learned it from watching you
 
My last name begins with Mc, as does my mother's, I look Scottish, consistently endorse Scottish things, my ancestors were born in Scotland, but I really don't identify as Scottish, so no, I'm not Scottish. I don't even vote in Scottish elections.


I learned it from you Dad, I learned it from watching you
You don't look Scottish. Get the fuck out of here.
 
Have you read their writings? Their private letters were high-minded and they were on a grand experiment. They could've installed themselves as the new oppressors but did not. Some wanted Washington as king, but he opposed that. I suspect the lefty America-haters would prattle on about something besides Sally Hemmings if they could find it. I'm unaware of scandal.
The thing to keep in mind is that the wealth gap in the agrarian age was much shallower. The "rich" were maybe ten times as wealthy as anybody else. Wealth before the industrial age was not a durable, portable, or exponentially growing thing. Financial shenanigans barely existed. Mercantilism had led to class mobility, but the vestiges of duty were still there from the monarchy. Imbecility of social darwinism had not come about yet to pollute decent Christian beliefs.
So much truth here.

But I still resent your status as a soldier in the war on Christmas. How could you betray me like this?:sadwhy:
 
But I still resent your status as a soldier in the war on Christmas. How could you betray me like this?:sadwhy:
Because as annoying as the people hat refuse to acknowledge the Christian heritage of the majority of the nation are, the ninnies that tut-tut the non-denominationalism of secular Yuletide are worse. Also, that station that plays Christmas music exclusively starting before Thanksgiving.
I googled "founding fathers wealth" and got this. i know it's a lefty site
Founding Fathers and Wealth
 
Because as annoying as the people hat refuse to acknowledge the Christian heritage of the majority of the nation are, the ninnies that tut-tut the non-denominationalism of secular Yuletide are worse. Also, that station that plays Christmas music exclusively starting before Thanksgiving.
I googled "founding fathers wealth" and got this. i know it's a lefty site
Founding Fathers and Wealth

I clicked on the link and the first banner that popped up was "sign the petition to support $15 for fast food workers" :rage:
 
Not rich nor elite. Tired of the rambling. They should be happy they have not been replaced by automated machines. The sense of entitle in this country is so rampant that it just bothers me so much. I have a couple of friends who have masters degree in cellular biology that don't even make $15 dollars an hour and I never hear them complain.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom