The Next Election, Political News, and Other Forms of Comedy (US, UK, & Intl)

You think he is?

I'm waiting for that bounceback that you said would happen.

However I don't have to wait. Trump supporters remind me of our ex mayor, Rob Ford. No logic explains their support. He was only replaced with cancer and Trump looks relatively healthy. Even a crack smoking video won't derail him.
 
Hey we should do a sneak attack on Mosul without announcing - Trump for commander in chief.

Hillary says arming Kurds is best? Kurds irritate Iraq, Syria and most importantly Turkey.
 
All I got from that post debate handshake and kiss session is Ivanka runs the show in that family. She was glued to her father like a secret service agent.
 
ICE endorsed Trump? How do they get away with saying stuff like this?

I'm definitely voting for one of the other two idiots.
 
I suddenly feel better for having a metrosexual Prime Minister

Fuck that guy. But I can't honestly say I wouldn't temporarily trade for him for a couple years until we find someone worth a shit.
 
As much as I hate to say this, and I hate saying this, but I would rather have Bernie as a potential candidate at this point, and I despise commies.

What have we come to.
 
As much as I hate to say this, and I hate saying this, but I would rather have Bernie as a potential candidate at this point, and I despise commies.

What have we come to.

Senate/congress/bureaucracy would limit his commie ways
 
Yeah, pathetically Bernie was the best of the viable crop.

I like Jim Webb from the Dem side, however he fizzled before even getting started.
 
doghouse doghouse so i take it you think clinton won the debate? as much as anyone could win in this shit show that is.

Last night? Fuck if I know, I'm not watching two people I hate scream at each other.

I do know that the number one R in the country just called every man for himself and Drumf is revanching to his aboslute craziest base and his support is cratering. He's toast, it's just a question of who he brings down with him at this point. The GOP is smoldering wreckage, the chance of the House falling just got really real, which is petrifying.
 
Dan Pfeiffer
✔
@danpfeiffer

The danger for the GOP is thinking Trump is the problem when it is really the 40% of their party that believes in Trumpism
10:54 AM - 10 Oct 2016

THAT at its core is the GOP's biggest problem. Those that think Trump will just go away if they pretend he doesn't exist anymore after he loses the election will be in for a rude awakening when in 2020 Trump announces he's going to run for the GOP nomination again.

Those 40% isn't enough to win Trump the general election, but its more than enough to make the GOP his personal bitch. Trump can literally win every Republican nomination from now until he dies because 25 million rednecks likes hearing the homophobic racist things Trump has to say.
 
that's fucking ridiculous

Dude it's dead on. I said it years ago, Cantor getting bumped out was the canary in the coal mine. The GOP has a strong contingent of racist hillbillies that are going to keep it hostage until they do something about it.

Most of my minority friends hate Hillary, but white folks love her.

You can say anything anecdotally you want, but the data is the most comprehensive rebuke of a candidate by minorities since the George Wallace.
 
Paging Leitmotif Leitmotif

I don't like Trump that much either, but I dislike HRod more. This is one election I wish we had a decent candidate.
I agree with this. I also hate the treatment that Democrats give to minorities ie hispanics, asians, and so forth. It actually makes us look like kids that cant take care of themselves and can only fail in life. Immigration has to be solved, i see too often people getting married and right after they get divorced. An immigration reform needs to be happen, both for illegals and people that want to do certain things that are not legal. That being said the "lets kick everybody out" wont work. US loves cheap labor and cant never have enough of it. Probabbly doghouse doghouse can give us a better insight about this though.
 
Dude it's dead on. I said it years ago, Cantor getting bumped out was the canary in the coal mine. The GOP has a strong contingent of racist hillbillies that are going to keep it hostage until they do something about it.
its more than a little reductive to boil down all gop's issues to 'racist hillbillies'.
 
The US you can tell is very young when it comes to inner politics nowadays. We are more focused on outside threats that no exist (Russia) than inner problems that are gonna be bigger problems in the long run. Swap Russia with US and instead of "threats to US" put cuba and thats it. You have a regular third world country that is always blaming problems on thirds rather than on itself.
 
I agree with this. I also hate the treatment that Democrats give to minorities ie hispanics, asians, and so forth. It actually makes us look like kids that cant take care of themselves and can only fail in life. Immigration has to be solved, i see too often people getting married and right after they get divorced. An immigration reform needs to be happen, both for illegals and people that want to do certain things that are not legal. That being said the "lets kick everybody out" wont work. US loves cheap labor and cant never have enough of it. Probabbly doghouse doghouse can give us a better insight about this though.

Blacks must understand this if they want to stop the poverty cycles they are in.
 
No one is doing that.

Dan Pfeiffer
✔
@danpfeiffer

The danger for the GOP is thinking Trump is the problem when it is really the 40% of their party that believes in Trumpism
10:54 AM - 10 Oct 2016

THAT at its core is the GOP's biggest problem. Those that think Trump will just go away if they pretend he doesn't exist anymore after he loses the election will be in for a rude awakening when in 2020 Trump announces he's going to run for the GOP nomination again.

Those 40% isn't enough to win Trump the general election, but its more than enough to make the GOP his personal bitch. Trump can literally win every Republican nomination from now until he dies because 25 million rednecks likes hearing the homophobic racist things Trump has to say.
that's effectively what this is saying. you'd have to have a pretty strained reading of this to not come away with that impression.
 
Blacks must understand this if they want to stop the poverty cycles they are in.
I think its because the nature of immigrants or rather how they think. The little family that i have here in the us came here just like me, broke and poor and have managed to attained a fair share of wealth, but it is,IMO, that they dont take things for granted that they are always trying to improve themselves which is a huge difference when it gets compared to some of my cousins that are born here that want everything for free because they believe some people have too much. I think this explains pretty well what many are going thru. People that havent worked as much feel entitled while others that have completely dislike the idea of entitlement because it would make them equal to those that have never worked for anything in their lives.
 
that's effectively what this is saying. you'd have to have a pretty strained reading of this to not come away with that impression.

I'm not sure the simple reading comprehension skill required to know that core =/= all is classified as "strained".

The GOP has myriad problems. Next in line is all the jesus shit. Followed by the fact that they spend as much cash as the Democrats, but this is neither here nor there. Blatant racist rhetoric is going to put off the next reliably social conservative block, hispanics, and then it goes downhill from there with a cratering of support from college educated whites like we re seeing now. Trump is going to be the first Republican to lose college educated whites in 60 fucking years. That's obscene.

If they could go back to articulating fiscal discipline, reality based foreign policy, individual liberty, they would be a viable national party. As of now they are on a one way train to minor party status.
 
I think its because the nature of immigrants or rather how they think. The little family that i have here in the us came here just like me, broke and poor and have managed to attained a fair share of wealth, but it is,IMO, that they dont take things for granted that they are always trying to improve themselves which is a huge difference when it gets compared to some of my cousins that are born here that want everything for free because they believe some people have too much. I think this explains pretty well what many are going thru. People that havent worked as much feel entitled while others that have completely dislike the idea of entitlement because it would make them equal to those that have never worked for anything in their lives.

Which makes you and your people ripe pickings for the GOP. The problem is the rhetoric has turned the vast majority of those like you off when they easily could have been brought in the fold.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom