The SF/AAAC/FNB trainwreck thread

Gday fellas, been a while. Like my fellow ex-tiemaker menswear doesn't really play a role in my life much these days. My gardening/landscaping business and 3 kids under 5 take up most of my time these days. RM's and a pair of moleskins are as dressed up as I get now pretty much!

Anyway, yes the ties sucked balls. I never saw a single one with a decent knot on SF, which is pretty much the minimum you'd expect from a decent tie no?

Hope you are all well.

https://www.styleforum.net/threads/cars-we-drive.17839/page-1904#post-9176985

Mafoofan:

Today, I consider myself extremely lucky to have a manual, naturally aspirated 991.2 GT3 coming my way. In my opinion, there is no new performance car more desirable and it will go down in history as one of the greatest, period. My 12-year-old self would certainly be proud to know he'd get to own and drive the "best" 911 while still in his 30's. But he'd also be scratching his head as to why I didn't go for the Turbo with more power, a space-age dual-clutchtransmission, and a superior 0-60 time

Mafoofan:

Today, I consider myself extremely lucky to have a manual, naturally aspirated 991.2 GT3 coming my way. In my opinion, there is no new performance car more desirable and it will go down in history as one of the greatest, period. My 12-year-old self would certainly be proud to know he'd get to own and drive the "best" 911 while still in his 30's. But he'd also be scratching his head as to why I didn't go for the Turbo with more power, a space-age dual-clutchtransmission, and a superior 0-60 time

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

olo. oh so many streets & so many shades to eyes

bd8c75a8_vbattach21258.jpg

That coat in the top pic looks a poor fit. Why? Because it doesn't seem to have enough material in the chest because it bulges out when the young man puts his hands in his pockets. Has he put on weight here?

As usual, these `so called' stylish people show how little they know about style. Look at his cuffed trousers. Shouldn't a man of his height try to make his legs look as long as possible and wear uncuffed trousers.

Another man who really messes up when it comes to styles that doesn't suit the body is Mr Crompton when wearing natural shoulder coats.

First rule of style = dress for your body type.

What's up with crdb on SF? He appears to only be able to post rambling, massive essays. Although it is amusing to see that he's clearly annoying caustic man...

He lives in New York City, for heaven's sake! When's he ever going to find an opportunity to drive the car, let alone find somewhere to park it?!?!

The Foo strikes me as someone who always needs to get "the best", whether it be clothes, watches, wallets, guitars, lounge-room furniture or pretty much anything else - and who then needs to justify his choices ad nauseum and to explain why his choice is superior to other's choices.

However, although I find that habit to be irritating, there is a bright side, as it means that the Foo doesn't actually buy that much of any one thing. In other words, he's fairly minimalist, in comparison to some people on SF who seem to feel compelled to consume, consume, consume - another watch, another pair of shoes, another jacket from the latest "fad" tailor.

I'm both astonished and depressed at the sheer number of times I see people on SF buy things - suits and shoes in particular, but also watches - and proudly boast on the forum of their latest "kop" or "incoming", but then post the item(s) for sale a short while later.

Quite a few of those self-same people were quite content wearing shoes by Allen Edmonds or Loake only 12 months or so beforehand, but after spending time on SF, they realised that their shoe rotation was missing pairs by St Crispins, Lobb, Edward Green and whatever other maker is flavour-of-the-month on SF.

Mafoofan:

Complete with phone books on the driver's seat

Mafoofan:

Interesting viewpoint.

He lives in New York City, for heaven's sake! When's he ever going to find an opportunity to drive the car, let alone find somewhere to park it?!?!

The Foo strikes me as someone who always needs to get "the best", whether it be clothes, watches, wallets, guitars, lounge-room furniture or pretty much anything else - and who then needs to justify his choices ad nauseum and to explain why his choice is superior to other's choices.

However, although I find that habit to be irritating, there is a bright side, as it means that the Foo doesn't actually buy that much of any one thing. In other words, he's fairly minimalist, in comparison to some people on SF who seem to feel compelled to consume, consume, consume - another watch, another pair of shoes, another jacket from the latest "fad" tailor.

I'm both astonished and depressed at the sheer number of times I see people on SF buy things - suits and shoes in particular, but also watches - and proudly boast on the forum of their latest "kop" or "incoming", but then post the item(s) for sale a short while later.

Quite a few of those self-same people were quite content wearing shoes by Allen Edmonds or Loake only 12 months or so beforehand, but after spending time on SF, they realised that their shoe rotation was missing pairs by St Crispins, Lobb, Edward Green and whatever other maker is flavour-of-the-month on SF.

certainly paying for a garage. typically people who have nice cars like this in New York use it on the weekend outside of the city. he's probably considering a country or a beach house, if he doesn't have one already. not all that uncommon in New York.

Didn't he marry into some really old Jewish money? He must be swing a huge dork, if IRCC his wife is actually pretty cute.

Guitar probably out size him. lol

Still I need a GT3 in my life, more specifically GT3 RS in burnt orange.

Guitar probably out size him. lol

Still I need a GT3 in my life, more specifically GT3 RS in burnt orange.

My buddy runs the local Porsche dealer, they are getting a GT2R soon.

Same dude always gets them, crazy ex Vietnam pilot who literally lives in a hotel. His entire net worth is his car OLO.

Mafoofan:

Not the best 911 unless he chose the configuration with roll cage, fire extinguisher etc. I'm sure his 12-year-old self is ashamed.

Not the best 911 unless he chose the configuration with roll cage, fire extinguisher etc. I'm sure his 12-year-old self is ashamed.

So his 12 year old self is more mature than his 30 year old self, it all makes sense now.

My buddy runs the local Porsche dealer, they are getting a GT2R soon.

Same dude always gets them, crazy ex Vietnam pilot who literally lives in a hotel. His entire net worth is his car OLO.

Now that's my type of bloke...

Porsche aficionado's prefer the old air-cooled engined ones. Sounded great, but had reached the end of their development potential.

The 70s 911s could be lethal.

I have to say, I'm not a fan, and consider them aesthetically a dud. However, the engineers have done a sterling job of eking ever more performance out of what is a sub-optimal shape.

So kudos to them for that.

He is a riot to talk to, flies private jets these days.

I've known a few RAF fighter pilots over the years. Speed freaks, every single one. Fireblades and the like being a favoured mode of transport.

Adrenalin junkies.

This is a familiar behaviour on forums and also in real life. Hi fi was sold on the basis that you would be continually upgrading it. Actually listening to music was almost an after thought.

Buying stuff is the essence of the consumer society.

I've known a few RAF fighter pilots over the years. Speed freaks, every single one. Fireblades and the like being a favoured mode of transport.

Adrenalin junkies.

I'll never forget the time I was in a meeting and when it came for this small stout middle aged chap to introduce himself he said ''Yes, I served time at Her Majesty's Pleasure................as a Harrier jump-jet pilot on a aircraft carrier.''

One of my cousin's is an attack helicopter pilot in the RAF and when back in the UK last year I was around the dinner table with the family and my sister and brother both agreed that it was dangerous job with very little job prospects afterwards. Which goes to show how dumb the educated liberals really are. Who wouldn't want someone of that background and calibre in your organisation? I know I would.

This is a familiar behaviour on forums and also in real life. Hi fi was sold on the basis that you would be continually upgrading it. Actually listening to music was almost an after thought.

Buying stuff is the essence of the consumer society.

It's a funny thing, at least I think, whilst good Hi-Fi is quite an English and confirmed by my HiFi people here, I've never ever come across anyone during my time in the UK, or elsewhere, who's had a remotely decent HiFi. And I include Bang & Olufsen for the design. Perhaps I knew too many people in semi-detaches or terraced housing. But that's not it either.

Right, who is bortalizer93 on reddit? Posting analice of all the fashion forums, including this esteemed one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom