Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Prigozhin

• Trump

• Total voters
49C788F9-9D1C-4EDD-9CD9-B04C92AD29D8.jpeg

🇫🇮

And in other news... Russian forces have taken over two-thirds of the perimeter of the front-line city of Severodonetsk, the governor of Luhansk region says
It's not going well and there's unease in the EU on the UK's prominent role and ties being forged with Ukraine and Poland.

There's fear in the Ukrainian camp that they're going to get sacrificed. I have arrivals coming in tomorrow night. So will have more details.

Last edited:

"First they lied that my sons weren't in Ukraine. Then they lied that they'd signed military contracts. Officers lied, sergeants lied." "I'd like to believe that our president, the commander-in-chief, just isn't aware of the mess and chaos in the army. I want to tell him that not everything here is like they say it is on television."

If only Vladimir Putin would listen to this Russian mother that his military is deceiving him.

Sky News actually slept in Severodonetsk. Not sure about the date of this video. There are some divided loyalties here between Ukraine and Russia.

Ukrainian refugees in Russia being helped by Russians.

"Vladimir - the Ukrainian soldier - says the local population are '30% pro-Ukrainian, 30% pro-Russian and 40% don't care'. Of course, many pro-Ukrainian residents have now fled."

"Bombardments are like a nightmare, we shoot one round, they shoot 10. When our sniper is shooting, they send in a full packet of Grads on his position. So it's basically a sniper with one bullet and they send like $1,000 of artillery rounds. They really don't care how much ammunition they use."

The largest natural reserves of gas in Europe, are in the Groningen field, which the Dutch have been busy closing so we could be come dependent on Putin's gas at the EU and Merkel's pleasure...

"'I had thought that we were the Russian army, the most super-duper in the world,' says the young man bitterly. Instead they were expected to operate without even basic equipment, such as night vision devices, he says."

"We were like blind kittens. I'm shocked by our army. It wouldn't cost much to equip us. Why wasn't it done?"

"Almost all his comrades were under the age of 25.

He heard of Russian servicemen so inexperienced that they 'did not know how to shoot and couldn't tell one end of a mortar from another'."

"'We went without helicopters - just in a column, as though we were heading to a parade.'

He believes his commanders had planned to capture strongholds and key cities very quickly - and had calculated that the Ukrainians would simply surrender.

'We rushed forward with short overnight stays, without trenches, without reconnaissance. We didn't leave anyone in the rear, so if someone decided to come in from behind and hit us there was no protection.'

'I think that [so many of] our guys died largely because of this. If we had moved gradually, if we had checked the roads for mines many losses could have been avoided.'"

"But there has been confusion over reports of the deaths of several other Russian officers. Three generals that Ukrainian forces claimed to have killed have subsequently been reported to be alive."

This one is quite dead. Even the Russians claimed he died.

n spite of recent criticism, German’s ruling conservative government remains committed to supplying Ukraine with its most lethal and high tech weaponry.

89F23A9B-747C-43DA-AC28-88574EF1259F.jpeg

“‘We shouldn’t expect any miracles,‘ he told me. ‘It’s clear that the longer this goes on, the more territory Russia will gain.‘ His voice was both jovial and grave. ‘Let me give you my professional opinion as mayor: if we don’t get heavy weapons in two or three weeks, we’re fucked.’”

'In this war, the ordinary infantryman is nothing': Ukrainian soldiers in Donbas feel abandoned and outgunned

I'm surprised this is published in western media.

"Despite the thousands of pieces of Western military aid delivered to Ukraine, Nikita said he and his men have seen nothing of them.

'We have just our rifles. Maybe an RPG [launcher] or two. Against a tank or an armoured vehicle? What am I supposed to do?' he said rhetorically."

"'We are just cannon fodder,' Mikhail interjects.

In his view, the leadership in Kyiv cares little for those fighting out here.

'[Kyiv] has not sent us any new weapons — and they're not going to,' said Nikita.

'Everything new and fancy has been reserved for those other places: Kyiv, Kharkiv, the big cities. Headquarters thinks, 'Well, you [in the east] have been fighting the Russians for eight years already. You'll be fine.'

'You have to understand that there are two castes in this country,' he said. 'There's the upper caste, and then there's us: the lower caste. We are just pawns. Nothing more. The upper caste gets the money, and we get the command: 'Forward!'

'That's how it's always worked here [in Ukraine],' he said, before emphasizing that he doesn't expect anyone to believe him.

'No one here wants to hear the truth,' said Nikita. 'They just want the beautiful story of how Ukraine is united. But here, we're f--ked.'"

A prize for both Putin and Zelensky.

“’Our [forces] now again control only the outskirts of the city,‘ he told local media. ’But the fighting is still going on, our [forces] are defending Severodonetsk.’

’It is impossible to say the Russians completely control the city,‘ he added.”

Before the weekend it was 10 percent or something under Ukrainian control. Then 50 percent coming out of the weekend and now back to we barely hold on.

'In this war, the ordinary infantryman is nothing': Ukrainian soldiers in Donbas feel abandoned and outgunned

I'm surprised this is published in western media.

"Despite the thousands of pieces of Western military aid delivered to Ukraine, Nikita said he and his men have seen nothing of them.

'We have just our rifles. Maybe an RPG [launcher] or two. Against a tank or an armoured vehicle? What am I supposed to do?' he said rhetorically."

"'We are just cannon fodder,' Mikhail interjects.

In his view, the leadership in Kyiv cares little for those fighting out here.

'[Kyiv] has not sent us any new weapons — and they're not going to,' said Nikita.

'Everything new and fancy has been reserved for those other places: Kyiv, Kharkiv, the big cities. Headquarters thinks, 'Well, you [in the east] have been fighting the Russians for eight years already. You'll be fine.'

'You have to understand that there are two castes in this country,' he said. 'There's the upper caste, and then there's us: the lower caste. We are just pawns. Nothing more. The upper caste gets the money, and we get the command: 'Forward!'

'That's how it's always worked here [in Ukraine],' he said, before emphasizing that he doesn't expect anyone to believe him.

'No one here wants to hear the truth,' said Nikita. 'They just want the beautiful story of how Ukraine is united. But here, we're f--ked.'"
You suggesting it’s any different in other countries ?

You suggesting it’s any different in other countries ?

Sky and BBC sent reporters into the same region on slightly different days and reported morale was high. The situation was difficult but the Ukrainians were committed and new arms will make the difference.

This freelance bloke goes in and reports a different story.

If you watch Sky News every other day they have some British military expert predicting the Russian offensive will collapse because of the dead and injured, lack of morale, Putin dying of disease, lack of supplies, collapsed economy, lack of ammunition, lack of armoured vehicles, etc.

Just six weeks ago government figures from the British and US were saying Ukraine has the will to win the war and push Russia even beyond pre 24th February borders and retake Crimea.

I understand propaganda has been used before by "the good guys" but saying white is black when it clearly is black is baffling in this day and age.

Thought the battle was across the bridge in Severodonetsk and this was the fallback position.

All bridges from the Ukrainian side to Severodonetsk destroyed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom