Things You Just Don't Get

Fwiffo

Supporter
Eating at IKEA. Doing manual labour to move furniture boxes to the till makes you hungry?

Fwiffo

Supporter
In the summer I see men at their worst. Yesterday I saw a middle aged man who are pudgy and has more hair growing on their body than their scalp sport a t shirt, shorts and a (singular) fresh tattoo. Are they trying to be hip or they don’t realize how ridiculous it looks?

Kingstonian

In the summer I see men at their worst. Yesterday I saw a middle aged man who are pudgy and has more hair growing on their body than their scalp sport a t shirt, shorts and a (singular) fresh tattoo. Are they trying to be hip or they don’t realize how ridiculous it looks?
Strength in numbers. Monkey does as monkey sees.

I am more puzzled by tattoos on women. They normally have more sense.

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
I was gunna say you’ve been invaded by Australians. But only one tattoo. Nope.

Pimpernel Smith

And the biggest joke, beside the price of the medicine......is that there was several attacks on gays after Pride, by Uber drivers and gangs of youths:

Fwiffo

Supporter
Adult couples who persist to double up into revolving doors. They're designed for one person!

Fwiffo

Supporter
How does this white bloke with curly blond hair score this smoking hot girl with a black hijab? Did he give up bacon? Did he give up drinking?

Fwiffo

Supporter
It's almost the beginning of autumn. It's 28c or 29c today. I see men wearing puffy winter like coats and at the same time shorts. I would forgive them if they were from Dubai where this is frigid ice age temperatures to them but this bloke was white as plaster.

Pimpernel Smith

It's almost the beginning of autumn. It's 28c or 29c today. I see men wearing puffy winter like coats and at the same time shorts. I would forgive them if they were from Dubai where this is frigid ice age temperatures to them but this bloke was white as plaster.
Much depends on the atmospherics. Here today, it peaked at 25C, but it didn't feel that warm and it's definitely autumn. The leaves are turning orange and falling. I managed to get in, what is likely the last cut of the lawn this year. The bumber crop from the apple trees continues, despite the climate emergency. Not so many wasps this year, the mosquitos weren't so bad, but I managed to get a three in the row on my head that has taken nearly two weeks to go. The fruit flies are hanging about open wine bottles, but they've slow down now and are easy to get rid with a well placed grab or calp of hands.

I like the autumn, that last glimmer before the dark nights chug on in for the 6 next months.

Thruth

thicker but more pliant than horsehide
Supporter
Dressing up for Halloween in a corporate office. Why?
I know. I find it pretty lame too. A bit of personality in an impersonal office environment?

you should feel lucky that no one is wearing Rider jerseys on casual Friday’s

Fwiffo

Supporter
I know. I find it pretty lame too. A bit of personality in an impersonal office environment?

you should feel lucky that no one is wearing Rider jerseys on casual Friday’s
Actually my office is casual year round. I just hired a new director and he came out of the financial district. He made the remark people seem to wander in with their pyjamas here.

Of course the executives are all at least business casual.

Thruth

thicker but more pliant than horsehide
Supporter
Actually my office is casual year round. I just hired a new director and he came out of the financial district. He made the remark people seem to wander in with their pyjamas here.

that is kind of depressing

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter

Try working in AoD

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
Dressing up for Halloween in a corporate office. Why?
Hell is being in some office where the office social club person organises “fun” events and days. Ok if you are a prole but as the boss who has to be seen to be not a total prick (only a partial prick) is a fucking nightmare. Nothing worse than some fucker (me) who hates it ......... trying to be “fun”

Ok I have a idea that would be fun for me. I have to cut staffing. Let’s say everyone, not me, writes out and signs their resignation. Then we have a huge party. I’ll pay. We all get thoroughly stoned/drunk/snickered/munted. Put all the resignations ina box. I draw out 5 unlucky ones post them off to personal. And then we all stay on for a dance and more drinks happy in the knowledge we now have a balanced budget and no difficult decisions to make.

Pimpernel Smith

Hell is being in some office where the office social club person organises “fun” events and days. Ok if you are a prole but as the boss who has to be seen to be not a total prick (only a partial prick) is a fucking nightmare. Nothing worse than some fucker (me) who hates it ......... trying to be “fun”

Fwiffo

Supporter

Ok I have a idea that would be fun for me. I have to cut staffing. Let’s say everyone, not me, writes out and signs their resignation. Then we have a huge party. I’ll pay. We all get thoroughly stoned/drunk/snickered/munted. Put all the resignations ina box. I draw out 5 unlucky ones post them off to personal. And then we all stay on for a dance and more drinks happy in the knowledge we now have a balanced budget and no difficult decisions to make.
In the end some CxOs didn't get dressed so I was not the only one. What's the difference between what you described and involuntary redundancies? To the person being terminated it's the same thing.

Fwiffo

Supporter
People who watch movies on airplanes without headphones plugged in and subtitles are turned off. They enjoy the Charlie Chaplin era of moving pictures?

Fwiffo

Supporter
What happened to global warming? Snow in Toronto in November. Our average temperature is supposed to be 8c-9c. Also saw it was snowing in Tehran.

Fwiffo

Supporter
I went to my first live comedy show yesterday. It was a travelling group of comics in a pub. I've only ever seen comedians on television so this was a new experience.

The first 20 year old who had an afro hair and said he was white and gay. This became his opportunity to go on and on about sex jokes that was barely funny. Finally he had to talk about couch surfing and his own poverty to get some laughs.

The second was some South African who uses f@ck as punctuation and focused picking on audiences including yours truly. After he finished with that he started criticising the establishment and then left. Bloody annoying wanker.

Ironically the older of the comics were the funniest ones but even the star headline act had to resort to parodying over the hill celebrities to get laughs.

I'm not sure how people make a living doing this but the barely 90 minute show was entertaining for the last half hour.

This one woman was liquored up with a bottle of wine and laughed hysterically at everything.

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Supporter

Fwiffo

Supporter
That's one way to get rid of tan lines

Fwiffo

Supporter
As a man wearing a pink jumper - bright pink - and then ripped black denim jeans exposing both knee caps amongst other things. Then of course paired with a winter overcoat.

Pimpernel Smith

I went to my first live comedy show yesterday. It was a travelling group of comics in a pub. I've only ever seen comedians on television so this was a new experience.

The first 20 year old who had an afro hair and said he was white and gay. This became his opportunity to go on and on about sex jokes that was barely funny. Finally he had to talk about couch surfing and his own poverty to get some laughs.

The second was some South African who uses f@ck as punctuation and focused picking on audiences including yours truly. After he finished with that he started criticising the establishment and then left. Bloody annoying wanker.

Ironically the older of the comics were the funniest ones but even the star headline act had to resort to parodying over the hill celebrities to get laughs.

I'm not sure how people make a living doing this but the barely 90 minute show was entertaining for the last half hour.

This one woman was liquored up with a bottle of wine and laughed hysterically at everything.
Use to love those comedy shows. I was pally with Henry Normal back in the day, and I remember after one live comedy event he told me he was working on a film script about Factory Records. I considered that too much of a select audience to make it to the screen....how wrong I was! And what a bloody good film.

The best was when there was good banter and dealing with hecklers with ruthless precision.

What the world needs now is some piss taking comedians able to become the zeitgeist in the mainstream.

As a man wearing a pink jumper - bright pink - and then ripped black denim jeans exposing both knee caps amongst other things. Then of course paired with a winter overcoat.
Shocking, neon pink: so 80s, so right!

Fwiffo

Supporter
Use to love those comedy shows. I was pally with Henry Normal back in the day, and I remember after one live comedy event he told me he was working on a film script about Factory Records. I considered that too much of a select audience to make it to the screen....how wrong I was! And what a bloody good film.

The best was when there was good banter and dealing with hecklers with ruthless precision.

What the world needs now is some piss taking comedians able to become the zeitgeist in the mainstream.

Shocking, neon pink: so 80s, so right!
Shall I add he was Asian? Asian in the British sense of the word - not North American.

Top Bottom