Things You Just Don't Get

Journeyman

Supporter
Grown adult men who are playing games on their mobile.
Actually, I must confess to doing that on the bus or train sometimes. If I have a book, I'll read that or I'll read the news app on my phone. However, if I've read all the news that interests me, I'll open up Angry Birds and play a game or two.

Rambo

Fucked Walker In The Face
Supporter
Actually, I must confess to doing that on the bus or train sometimes. If I have a book, I'll read that or I'll read the news app on my phone. However, if I've read all the news that interests me, I'll open up Angry Birds and play a game or two.
i do too, mostly because i find it hard to keep my attention on reading in public because i'm usually too drawn in by the crazy fruit loops around me.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
I’ve sat in professional meetings where guys will quietly pull out their iPads or phones and start tapping away as if they are busy multitasking work - but those around can see they are on Candy Crush.

Last edited:

Fwiffo

Supporter
Angry Birds?! That dates you. Late 2000s or 2010.

This one was playing Pokemon Go. I looked up Google Images and it looked best like it.

Fwiffo

Supporter
One a day multivitamins where you have to take two tablets. Obviously it's not one tablet a day.

walker

cross post from the pissing me off thread.

preambel: I was called out to have a naive/poor password management. still, I believe in the integrity of a group, who joined DW to make an antipole to the existing scene, particularly styfo, of course.

nonetheless/nevertheless, we engage in horseshit rants about nothing, nada, nixi, further it is ignored, that an active member is hacking accounts or at least mine. probably, I'm just to sensitive. e.g. Dropbear is afraid of fascists and thinks leipzig, magdeburg etc. are the heart of the evil. I wonder, if this is like americans see the world?

guys, make up your mind, but I would be pissed, if there is a professional hacker amongst this community.

Rambo Thruth doghouse

alright, there is an active member around, who is hacking accounts, right? he get's away with it, right? sometimes, it feels like it is wanted, right?

actually, this should be a delicate situation, but it is obviously not, right?

au contraire, you guys call me out as the aggressor and I disturb the harmony of the forum, right?

I really wish you well with this strategy. it is one of a kind, period.

btw, I do and will not follow any of foxes advices, this shit is just too plain stupid and/or low-key, sorry for that.

I can see a "sabbatical" from DW as my interests are not covered and my interests in a clothing forum with a social affairs department are contrary to the rest of the audience.

my last island would be the "what's on your plate"- thread as I had pita with graved salmon and poured me cremant brut rose. probably not the pedestrian taste of some around here. maybe the only thing doghouse and I agree on. self-employment gives you the freedom of good-food, instant gratifications and lots of fun. check that out guys.

Rambo

Fucked Walker In The Face
Supporter
guys, make up your mind, but I would be pissed, if there is a professional hacker amongst this community.
there isn't a professional hacker. you're just a dope who can't understand what a strong password is.

walker

there isn't a professional hacker. you're just a dope who can't understand what a strong password is.
sure, this is a very good explanation. just because this might be the case, one is just trying to find out and struts around with his knowledge. very reasonable, many thanks.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Fur coats and bare legs.

Parkas with furry hoods and sockless Chelsea boots.

Fashion statement over function?

Journeyman

Supporter
^Definitely fashion over function.

Here in Australia in winter, you see hipsters walking around with a beanie, scarf, big beard, jumper, jeans... and thongs (ie rubber flip-flops) on their feet.

If it's cold enough for a beanie and/or a scarf, then surely it's cold enough to wear proper shoes!

Pimpernel Smith

^Definitely fashion over function.

Here in Australia in winter, you see hipsters walking around with a beanie, scarf, big beard, jumper, jeans... and thongs (ie rubber flip-flops) on their feet.

If it's cold enough for a beanie and/or a scarf, then surely it's cold enough to wear proper shoes!
That's a fashion in the UK, middle aged dudes in street wear and short trousers walking the dog in the middle of winter. Not hipsters, folk that you would have classed as quite normal years ago.

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
That's a fashion in the UK, middle aged dudes in street wear and short trousers walking the dog in the middle of winter. Not hipsters, folk that you would have classed as quite normal years ago.
Its big in Oz to wear crappy cargo shorts and thongs in winter and a puffy jacket on top - cos its cold.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Wearing Bluetooth headphones whilst on the toilet. Man walks out with the ear muff like headphones. Do you really need to still listen to music when you do number two?

Fwiffo

Supporter
One a day gummy vitamins. It's not one a day if you have to take two.

Fwiffo

Supporter
You're wearing a mask in the public and you're the only one in a two block radius yet you don't practise social distancing and nearly run into me because you were too busy tapping away on your mobile.

Fwiffo

Supporter
I'm in this branch office and it has a sign that for coronavirus prevention measures you should wash your hands in soap with hot water for X seconds. The faucet is touchless without a temperature control and spews out only one type of water - cold.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Instagram iGents dressing up for waywt pics when they are on home isolation like everyone else.

Fwiffo

Supporter
I went to the market today. Some of the butchers are doing a fire sale before closing up.

At the entrance they posted some people with a clipboard. They asked whether I travelled, whether I was ill, and whether I was exposed to anyone who tested positive. Who the bloody hell answers yes to any of those questions?

I see the bank down the street from me is doing the same.

Top Bottom