Things You Just Don't Get

The mask is to protect others

Exactly. That's certainly the practice in Japan - people who feel unwell wear masks so that they are less likely to infect others.

Excuse me gents, but when you are a couple you have already declared you're two peas in the same pot so if one is unwell shouldn't the other follow suit?

If that's the case they shouldn't ask to enter the grocery store as "one party" during these times and nor should they flaunt the 2m rule.

Perhaps it's because I'm single but if you're dying of some malady I'd much rather you lock yourself up in a cave until you recover.

Young couples. Obviously they are friends as the women walk together in pairs or sometimes threesomes and the men walk together chatting with absolute no consideration for social distance. Then they happen to want to go to a butcher or small eatery on high street and ask, "Are you letting only one person in at a time? Technically we're one..." pointing at the friend, friend's partner, your own significant other.

Going for a run and then deciding to stop by and buy groceries still dripping in sweat and in your runner's kit.

Wearing a mask when running for exercise outside.

Then I saw some US state open up gyms where people were masks and face shields. Surely someone will suffocate from these practices.

A man wearing a mask walking outside alongside his pregnant wife who is not wearing a mask.

My office building and my own flat have a one person per lift rule. As I was leaving the office, the cleaning staff went on my floor so I went in. Then two of them came back to continue going down.

I come back to my flat and I'm not walking to the 12th floor after using a standing desk for 11 hours. 6 groups or singles in front of me plus some people going back and forth the garage. 20 minutes to get up.

How are the 70 plus floor buildings here with tens of thousands of people supposed to survive? If you were a delivery person it could take hours at peak time.

I come back to my flat and I'm not walking to the 12th floor after using a standing desk for 11 hours.

Quite fancy changing me desk set-up to a standing one. You almost get sensation of being a conductor of an orchestra, I imagine?

How are the 70 plus floor buildings here with tens of thousands of people supposed to survive? If you were a delivery person it could take hours at peak time.

Depending on how fast this China/Wuhan/Biolab#4 virus lasts, you may well find a big flee from the cities for those who can.

Quite fancy changing me desk set-up to a standing one. You almost get sensation of being a conductor of an orchestra, I imagine?

Depending on how fast this China/Wuhan/Biolab#4 virus lasts, you may well find a big flee from the cities for those who can.

Right now I'm using one in a branch office so I've taken over a hotel standing desk but there is no one here so it would be a quiet symphonic display. I think you are supposed to alternate all day from sitting or standing about 4 or 5 times but I'm into extremes. First two weeks I was knackered standing 11 hours a day after going home. 7 weeks later I am okay now.

In my previous company we had standing desks too but I never used it except to adjust the height to my chair. My work mate next to me would use it for conference calls and every time he did that I would say, "Cheers Spartacus, I'll keep rowing down below."

I tend to pace when I am on conference calls so it is working out for me.

I highly doubt high density urbanization will stop as a result. For one thing, the orientals aren't suffering from that set up. Practically there isn't enough room for 7 1/2 billion people to have 1 acre lots and massive detached houses.

I highly doubt high density urbanization will stop as a result. For one thing, the orientals aren't suffering from that set up. Practically there isn't enough room for 7 1/2 billion people to have 1 acre lots and massive detached houses.

It won't stop, especially for the plebs. The EU, in countries like Ireland, the official policy has been not only to promote urbanization, but to get everyone back living in cities. A long term plan of benevolent authoritarianism into brutal high rises as if living in concrete jungles is environmentally friendly.

It won't stop, especially for the plebs. The EU, in countries like Ireland, the official policy has been not only to promote urbanization, but to get everyone back living in cities. A long term plan of benevolent authoritarianism into brutal high rises as if living in concrete jungles is environmentally friendly.

Concrete jungle sounds like brutalist 1970s architecture. You know the 21st century is all about glass towers.

Concrete jungle sounds like brutalist 1970s architecture. You know the 21st century is all about glass towers.

There are some good apartment buildings. We were considered moving down to the harbor, but by the time we got interested you couldn't get more than one car park space. There's some further developments planned, but the common denominator is price €750,000-€1.5 million. Cheap by London prices and alright for my household, but for average earnings, especially single parents and households, you're shafted, deep in the city bordering the triangle and the ghettos. The Dutch use to think they were on a higher wealth plane to lesser countries, they're getting a lesson alright.

There should be no reason to build high-rises in Ireland, it isn't exactly over populated.

p08f8jvr.jpg

People posting a black image on their Instagram but they aren't black.

Some of them aren't even an ethnic minority.

Why does this American keep saying and marvelling London's European architecture and culture except they speak English. London is British.

View attachment 33977

Why is he so ashamed of himself? Or gay...

Hard to see but it almost looks like there is the indentation from a wedding band. Does he want that showing up in Wifey's FaceBook feed, the paper, IG.

"oh baby, I go there for the quality food, fine ale and intellectual conversation with the professional wait staff".

Other than hookers and biker's old ladies (they just don't want to see evidence of the sweetbutt action that takes place), most SO's will not be pleased if they did see it.

Hard to see but it almost looks like there is the indentation from a wedding band. Does he want that showing up in Wifey's FaceBook feed, the paper, IG.

"oh baby, I go there for the quality food, fine ale and intellectual conversation with the professional wait staff".

Other than hookers and biker's old ladies (they just don't want to see evidence of the sweetbutt action that takes place), most SO's will not be pleased if they did see it.

He could have moved before they lined up with their asses facing him. Or going back to my original hypothesis - he's gay and was more interested in the gourmet menu or more likely his mobile phone.

If only he was wearing a mask, right Fwiffo Fwiffo ?

This part of the province opened up last Friday so I reckon the video is current. I don't see masks on patrons. I don't see masks or gloves or face shields on staff. Being outdoors makes one immune to the virus?

He could have moved before they lined up with their asses facing him. Or going back to my original hypothesis - he's gay and was more interested in the gourmet menu or more likely his mobile phone.

This part of the province opened up last Friday so I reckon the video is current. I don't see masks on patrons. I don't see masks or gloves or face shields on staff. Being outdoors makes one immune to the virus?

Yup, you go with the gay angle and the collective IQ of Ontarians has been slipping for decades so I would not look to them for COVID answers.

It's Hooters - not a massage parlour or bordello.

There's another one in North America called Tilted Kilt. I first saw one in Georgia and they make uni aged girls wear school girl kilts. Some deranged Catholic thinking going into that one.

It's Hooters - not a massage parlour or bordello.

There's another one in North America called Tilted Kilt. I first saw one in Georgia and they make uni aged girls wear school girl kilts. Some deranged Catholic thinking going into that one.
Sex workers

a333dd01-7eda-408f-adba-b72c69a068d2.jpg

Wear your mask. One person wearing gloves. People seem to be leaving distance from one person to another but hey let me use the distance to sleep.

^Hopefully, the old boy on the right hasn't died from the coronavirus!

He seems rather well dressed too. Not the usual homeless people I see sprawled in the same fashion on the subway.

IMG_20200701_0831191.jpg

We are open for outdoor dining only. This bar is zoned to have some standing area at the corner of a street.

Safe drinking distances there. Don't spit on my alcoholic beverage.

Do people who hide behind plexiglass believe they are immune? We have a mandatory indoor mask provision here and the only people I see flaunt it are the receptionists of clinics or convenience store owners who must surely believe they are impregnable behind transparent acrylic.

‘Bar rescue’ a TV series where a man turns around failing drinking establishments.

I don’t understand what customers would see in the featured places - either before or after the changes.

I am not sure how representative they are of the bars available. I would hope people have better choices. Otherwise you would just drink at home.

‘Bar rescue’ a TV series where a man turns around failing drinking establishments.

I don’t understand what customers would see in the featured places - either before or after the changes.

I am not sure how representative they are of the bars available. I would hope people have better choices. Otherwise you would just drink at home.

Pubs and gin palaces haven't proved sufficiently robust enough to survive first video culture and the home as a total entertainment unit. It's a long, long time since I've felt sufficiently engaged with the vibe of a pub to consider it a place of alcoholic worship and pressure release, to the extant I would want to make it my regular. As a caveat: in The Hague the action takes place in restaurants, pub culture is for the working class or hard drinking expats. Even in the UK, I notice that dynamic is mostly lost.

I would really dig, even just once to walk into a pub and feel that old let's go on a session spirit and get pissed on ten pints of beer, Shane MacGowan style. But all of that is lost to my errant youth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom