This Week In News That Makes You Doubt Your Committment To Humanity

http://nytlive.nytimes.com/womenint...s-lack-of-armpit-hair-sparks-feminist-debate/

Wonder Woman’s lack of armpit hair sparks feminist debate

But, as Refinery 29 pointed out in a scathing review of the new trailer, the lack of body hair on the female warrior makes us wonder if feminism was swept aside in favor of achieving the ideal female aesthetic. “It’s really hard to believe that Wonder Woman, who has been on an island filled with strong women her entire life, is worried about waxing and then bleaching her pits,” Refinery29 explained, “That is a time-consuming process and she’s a little too busy training ‘10 times harder’ with the Amazons so that she can, you know, save the world.”

We have our share of idiots
=====
It's one of the most recognisable museum exhibits in Melbourne, where thousands have tested themselves against perhaps Australia's greatest athletics star.

A man is taking legal action against the Scienceworks museum after he ran "flat out" into a wall and fractured his spine while racing a virtual Cathy Freeman display.

Dean Smith, 44, filed a writ in the Victorian Supreme Court last week against the Museums Board of Victoria claiming he had been unable to work since suffering the severe injuries in June last year.

According to court documents, Mr Smith was running on the 10-metre dual-lane track against the computerised sprinting champ when he ploughed into a wall, injuring his skull, ribs and spine.

The digital exhibit, which has been a feature of the Spotswood museum for more than a decade, consists of a series of images of Freeman that illuminate in quick succession to reflect her speed on the running track.

Patrons can pit themselves against the 400m gold medallist by trying to beat the images as they light up.

Mr Smith told Fairfax Media that he was attending Scienceworks with his partner and two children on a family day out when he decided to try out the exhibit. After one warm-up effort, he wanted to have another go at beating Freeman.

"All these little things made me think I could beat her, I got a bit competitive thinking 'I can take on Cathy Freeman'," he said.
1492173602765.jpg

One of Australia's greatest athletics stars, Cathy Freeman running at the Atlanta Olympics. Photo: Vince Caligiuri
"I focused in and took off and I'm still not sure, it's a bit of a blur, I realised I couldn't stop after the finishing line. I thought 'what am I going to hit?', I couldn't see it because it was all so dark.

"Then when I was 30cm from the wall I saw what was going to stop me."

A Melbourne pizza shop owner who had his restaurant burnt down for the insurance payout was brought undone when the man he paid to start the fire accidentally burnt off his thumb, allowing police to identify him through fingerprint records, a court has been told.

Derek McPadden, 32, was sentenced in the Victorian County Court to nine years in jail over the blaze at his St Albans pizza shop in August 2013.

The fire was lit while eight people slept in on the second floor of the building.

The court heard McPadden was having financial problems and hatched a plan with one of his regular customers, who cannot be named, to set the restaurant on fire to pocket the insurance claim.

But on the night of the fire, the man accidentally splashed petrol on himself as he spread it around the store.

When he lit the fuel with a cigarette lighter, he caught alight.

In a panic, the man unsuccessfully tried to use water from the taps and toilet to put the fire out.

The court heard the man smashed the restaurant's front window with a table, rolled out and escaped to McPadden's waiting car.

When he arrived at the vehicle, his clothes had been burnt off and so had his thumb.

The judge said the burnt digit was found in the street and police were able to match it to fingerprints in their database.

Sex dolls get AI

Every time I read one of these stories I remember this Futurama episode where they had a sex education video about not being hooked on your sex robot.

"Mark Young lives in Arizona and he does own a sex doll - called Mai Lin. He has also just invested in the Harmony AI app but he is not planning on integrating the two.

'I thought the app might bring her to life but the app has its own personality and it is different from how I pictured Mai Lin in my mind so it is like having two relationships.'

He explained why he invested in a sex doll in the first place.

'I've been single for a while. I've dated a lot of girls. I've wasted time on relationships. While I'd love to meet a girl, in the meantime it is good to have that presence,'

And, while he admits the relationship is physical, he says that is 'secondary'.

'I can go out shopping for her and look at clothes - it is like having somebody in my life without having to deal with making mistakes. If I like a hat on her, she doesn't say that she doesn't like it.'"

Of course this bloke doesn't want AI in his doll. What if it suddenly wakes up and tells him to sod off I can't shag right now because I don't feel like it. If he has money to blow on a hat for an inanimate object posing as a woman, he can give me the money. I have plenty of living breathing women I can blow money on.

Try to go back to the lingerie shop to return the items saying: "I'm sorry. My sex doll rejected these. She says it's not her colour".

Yes and I'm returning it slightly used. Liquids of which only originate from one of one beings participating in this act of copulation.

People with serious food allergies want impostors to stop faking it in restaurants

"Sara Elliott has had it with people faking food allergies in restaurants. She has life-threatening allergies to eggs, dairy and nuts and fears the impostors are hurting her chances of safely dining out. Some restaurant-goers are tempted to invent allergies to get a dish their way — often motivated by a much less serious food intolerance or the growing number of fad diets like the gluten-free craze. They may see their lie as a harmless fib, but others worry it could lead to restaurants becoming numb to all allergy claims.

As for Elliott, she wants the impostors to know the price she pays for being afraid to dine in restaurants.

'You're missing out on birthdays and anniversaries and reunions, and you're just feeling like you can't be a part of society,' she says. 'But at the same time, you don't want to die.'"

If you have multiple potentially lethal allergies should you even be going out to restaurants and eating on a regular basis? Are you going only because being a foodie is a fad and you can't post interesting things on Instagram?

If I had a debilitating disease that prevents me from getting a licence to drive a car, do you think I should be moaning I have to take public transit, work from home and dear God I can't make extra money being an Uber driver? Not everyone is entitled to everything simply because they are born on planet Earth. Sometimes you have to play the cards you're dealt.

The so far gentle collapsing of the generous welfare systems in Europe is interesting. In Denmark for instance, the government now pays out 59% of available tax receipts to dole money to asylum seekers. The super power of humanitarianism, Sweden, is now borrowing to fund this mission. It cannot afford to keep its guests without borrowing. Since the great opening of Germany to one and all, only 7% of the asylum seekers have found work and of these most of the jobs are in government schemes looking after other asylum seekers.

A strange death of Europe indeed.

Since the great opening of Germany to one and all, only 7% of the asylum seekers have found work and of these most of the jobs are in government schemes looking after other asylum seekers.

According to German official sources only 0,7% of "refugees" are granted asylum according to the Geneva convention.
All the other ones are allowed to stay because the EU law allows to just make the claim that the applicant might be in danger in his/ her/ hens home country. The few that have their asylum application dismissed just disappear or there is more police than refused migrants on the flight to Afghanistan.

In Denmark for instance, the government now pays out 59% of available tax receipts to dole money to asylum seekers.
More fake news from failing Lord Cuckley. Sad! This claim is so obviously absurd, I had to look that up. Turns out it is less than 7%. Which might still be too much, BUT HOW FUCKING DUMB MUST ONE BE TO BELIEVE IT IS 59%. I am glad he is not able to make executive decisions. Fucking amateur cocksplat.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40135544

Alabama postwoman 'fed nails to dogs' in meatballs
_96323160_de27-1.jpg

Image captionThe nail-laced-meatballs were found on the ground by a dog owner near his letter box
A postwoman in northern Alabama faces up to 10 years in jail after she was arrested on suspicion of feeding a dog meatballs that contained metal nails.

US Postal Service worker Susanna Dawn Burhans, 47, is charged with aggravated cruelty to animals. She was detained after a two-week investigation.

"We gathered intelligence from the Postal Service and put everything together," a policeman told AL.com.

Police believe she may have harmed other dogs along her mail route.

"Right now, we know for sure there's one dog," said Sheriff's Capt Mike Salomonsky.

_96323338_de27-1.jpg

"But there's another neighbour that had a complaint, so there might be two or more," he added.

New Hope resident Ed Glover told WHNT-News that Burhans had been his postwoman.

_96323162_0e04867c-6170-4cfb-9286-4e1a75c4fb5b.jpg

He said that he found one of the meatballs on the ground near his letter box, and brought his dog Missy in for X-rays after finding the nails.

Burhans was released from Madison County Jail on bail.

Who the #*!$ does that to anyone - current girlfriend, ex girlfriend or any girl? Oh wait, some black guy.

_96627977_mediaitem96627976.jpg

3fc408d797391839e45f972a205b129c.jpg

nintchdbpict000294075845.jpg

US woman shoots boyfriend in YouTube stunt http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40438207

A Minnesota woman has been charged over the fatal shooting of her boyfriend, in what authorities say was a social media stunt gone wrong.
Monalisa Perez, 19, was booked into county jail after shooting at Pedro Ruiz as he held a book to his chest, believing it would stop the bullet.

The couple's three-year-old child and nearly 30 onlookers watched as she fired the fatal bullet into his chest.
Ruiz's aunt said they did it to increase their social media following.

Claudia Ruiz told WDAY-TV that her nephew had told her he wanted to do the stunt "because we want more viewers, we want to get famous".

"He had told me about that idea and I said, 'Don't do it. Don't do it. Why are you going to use a gun? Why?'" Claudia Ruiz told the news channel.

"They were in love, they loved each other," she said. "It was just a prank gone wrong."

Ms Perez, who is pregnant, is facing charges of second degree manslaughter. She faces her first court appearance on Wednesday.

County Attorney James Brue described the book as a hardcover encyclopaedia, and said the weapon used was a .50-calibre Desert Eagle handgun.

Police have seized two cameras, which are said to have recorded Monday's incident.

The single gunshot was fired from about one foot (30cm) away as neighbours gathered to watch outside their Minnesota home.

She told deputies that the stunt had been Ruiz's idea, and that he had to convince her to do it.
Earlier that day she tweeted about her reservations.

"Everyone was crying. I was standing behind that tree over there. And that was it. I just couldn't take it anymore so I had to go back home," neighbour Wayne Cameron told WDAY-TV.

The couple had started a YouTube channel in March, aiming to show the "the real life of a young couple who happen to be teen parents".

Their most recently uploaded video, on the day that Ruiz died, was titled: "Doing scary stunts at the fair".

Last week Ms Perez told her viewers that it was a "blessing" to have her husband home for the forthcoming birth of their son, who is due in September.

US woman shoots boyfriend in YouTube stunt http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40438207

A Minnesota woman has been charged over the fatal shooting of her boyfriend, in what authorities say was a social media stunt gone wrong.
Monalisa Perez, 19, was booked into county jail after shooting at Pedro Ruiz as he held a book to his chest, believing it would stop the bullet.

The couple's three-year-old child and nearly 30 onlookers watched as she fired the fatal bullet into his chest.
Ruiz's aunt said they did it to increase their social media following.

Claudia Ruiz told WDAY-TV that her nephew had told her he wanted to do the stunt "because we want more viewers, we want to get famous".

"He had told me about that idea and I said, 'Don't do it. Don't do it. Why are you going to use a gun? Why?'" Claudia Ruiz told the news channel.

"They were in love, they loved each other," she said. "It was just a prank gone wrong."

Ms Perez, who is pregnant, is facing charges of second degree manslaughter. She faces her first court appearance on Wednesday.

County Attorney James Brue described the book as a hardcover encyclopaedia, and said the weapon used was a .50-calibre Desert Eagle handgun.

Police have seized two cameras, which are said to have recorded Monday's incident.

The single gunshot was fired from about one foot (30cm) away as neighbours gathered to watch outside their Minnesota home.

She told deputies that the stunt had been Ruiz's idea, and that he had to convince her to do it.
Earlier that day she tweeted about her reservations.

"Everyone was crying. I was standing behind that tree over there. And that was it. I just couldn't take it anymore so I had to go back home," neighbour Wayne Cameron told WDAY-TV.

The couple had started a YouTube channel in March, aiming to show the "the real life of a young couple who happen to be teen parents".

Their most recently uploaded video, on the day that Ruiz died, was titled: "Doing scary stunts at the fair".

Last week Ms Perez told her viewers that it was a "blessing" to have her husband home for the forthcoming birth of their son, who is due in September.
Would like to know if they did a test run first. And why they used one of the most powerful hand guns on the planet for it.
714750428a7cccf5a123d43b5666e80b.jpg

The neighbours were pretty useless, too. Has nobody watched the "Dirty Harry" movies?

Would like to know if they did a test run first. And why they used one of the most powerful hand guns on the planet for it.
714750428a7cccf5a123d43b5666e80b.jpg

The neighbours were pretty useless, too. Has nobody watched the "Dirty Harry" movies?

this pretty much sums it up:

2017.06.28-08.10-tellmenow-59540d1a537d6.jpg

I assume these people are allowed vote, walk the streets and participate in online forums

I assume these people are allowed vote, walk the streets and participate in online forums

Going by the names I assume they were not Trump supporters?
On the bright side, they've now had their 15 minutes of fame. Mission accomplished!

What? There's only one time zone in the world. Eastern standard time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom