Tweed Jacket

Dakuan

Ratings
I also think that the buttoning point is a bit too high and that it would benefit from being a bit lower.

Then again, I'm not a tailor, so I could be entirely wrong!
As it happens the tailor did suggest moving that down a bit but i demurred - i find a lower button point makes jackets look 'cut off'.

As for how short - I'm 5'2". Some dogs are taller than me.

Thruth

thicker but more pliant than horsehide
Ratings
As it happens the tailor did suggest moving that down a bit but i demurred - i find a lower button point makes jackets look 'cut off'.

As for how short - I'm 5'2". Some dogs are taller than me.
Ah, that explains your tie knot in your outfit you posted in the what are you wearing today thread

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Ratings
Not sure if it really counts as tweed, but this Bottoli Donegal fleck is nice. So much tweed is brown, I like the idea of a blue tweed sport coat.

600-111-1500x1500-1.jpg

600-111-1200x1200-3.jpg

Journeyman

Supporter
Ratings
^That is nice.

I've also seen some blue, Donegal-fleck tweed jackets made up in fabric from Abraham Moon, but you are right - it's not so common.

Jan Libourel

Ratings
I have a blue Donegal tweed jacket from Chan. It is a 14-ounce Porter & Harding thornproof--a very handsome and versatile garment. I also have a 12-ounce H&S herringbone Shetland tweed in blue that sees a great deal of use in cooler weather. I suspect the notion that blue tweeds are not quite "on" stems from the days when tweed was mostly meant to be worn on grouse moors.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Ratings
That blue Bottoli donegal (above) is going to be on a Black Friday sale on my size. I wasn’t planning to buy another winter jacket - and especially not navy. But this might be a good time to swap out the navy moleskin I git last year that’s a bit too short.

Top Bottom