Tweed Jacket

Later. These are not unshoos. Even shooey approves. A rare beast, Italian gyw brogue gunboats.

Later. These are not unshoos. Even shooey approves. A rare beast, Italian gyw brogue gunboats.

Just a point of interest. Are those technically gunboats? I was under the impression that gunboats were long wingtip shooez, with a line of brogueing running all round the shoo, parallel to the sole.

Or is it correct to call any substantial brogue with a substantial sole a gunboat?

Forgive me father I was loose with my terminology and slightly hyperbolic. Technically not gunboats.

From another time
sho1sm.jpg
sho2sm.png

Nice shoes, but not even remotely similar to gunboats. The only thing in common is they're both derbies. Now I'm doubting your expertise on pocket flaps as well!

Nice shoes, but not even remotely similar to gunboats. The only thing in common is they're both derbies. Now I'm doubting your expertise on pocket flaps as well!
OK. OK. Let's just say they're chunky.

I got chewy on the heel at the station. Got home. Took them off. Scraped chewy off. Put them on floor. Mrs picked them up and said "how do you wear stuff like this. They are soooo heavy"

Like to see a pic of the jacket, looks very texture-y
Interesting jacket. Hardest to pair with stuff. Looks black from 3 metres away. Up close its textured and the burgundy show through like the white in an Oxford weave or chambray or birdseye. I've never got anywhere near capturing it in a photo.

It's a proper tweed but very tight close weave. Not loose like Harris Tweed at all. Definitely a Ivy USA style indoor/city slightly refined tweed.

Interesting jacket. Hardest to pair with stuff. Looks black from 3 metres away. Up close its textured and the burgundy show through like the white in an Oxford weave or chambray or birdseye. I've never got anywhere near capturing it in a photo.
doggie -Actually I just saw the pic on my large screen PC - it shows the texture = refined only slightly hairy tweed, and colours= burgundy and black, not too badly. It doesn't show the pattern - its a pattern well defined a bit like the tie pattern alongside. The jacket looks more of a dark brown rather tan black from a distance.

doggie -Actually I just saw the pic on my large screen PC - it shows the texture = refined only slightly hairy tweed, and colours= burgundy and black, not too badly. It doesn't show the pattern - its a pattern well defined a bit like the tie pattern alongside. The jacket looks more of a dark brown rather tan black from a distance.

Gotcha. Nice look.

Really happy with Walker Slater, tweed's rough and scratchy so I'll probably have to get the pants lined to knee sometime. Pants run two inches large in waist, waistcoats tts.

Keep meaning to pop in Walker-slater sometime - as they are in close enough proximity to me but i haven't. Maybe because their ads are too hipster-ish

Dropbear Dropbear - I don't seek to be mean but from memory recently you've posted pics of moleskin that didnt seem to be moleskin, corduroy that didn't seem to be corduroy and now tweed that isn't tweed. You OK there mate?

Dropbear Dropbear - I don't seek to be mean but from memory recently you've posted pics of moleskin that didnt seem to be moleskin, corduroy that didn't seem to be corduroy and now tweed that isn't tweed. You OK there mate?

Fair point on that photo. It is pretty fine Abraham Moon. How about a close-up pic:

DE9B5C6A-2B85-43B6-8579-35BCC1ECA380.jpeg
CEC01850-6D6E-48E3-AD2D-24E0ED42A7DF.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom