Video Games

FIFA14 by Ignite, on the pitch at least, looks about the same as FIFA14 trailers for the Xbox360. But all the extras in the crowd and atmosphere are still egging me on towards getting the next-gen game this year.

Could XboxOne's grave be any deeper? I thought they'd try to salvage themselves after getting veritably buried earlier this summer, but it's just getting ridiculous. PS4 for me, no doubts.

FIFA14 demo comes out on Tuesday. I don't expect a lot of visual upgrades, especially given the next-gen consoles in November. But excited nonetheless.

Looking increasingly likely that I'll wait on a PS4 until next year. Finish out my Xbox360 with '14 and then convert the following season.

Agreed. But I'm not going to do something insane like trust a year of digital footballing to PES and Konami... *shudder*

I'm cheap. I don't pay for Xbox Gold. How long after a demo's release is it available on Xbox Free? A full week? Just until the next calendar week begins?

So as to not be veiled, I'm specifically talking about FIFA14 here.

I never got the appeal of FIFA games.

I live and die by them, gamerwise. It's really the only reason I own a platform at all. Every new addition takes some getting used to, but I'm really not feeling this demo.

Might have to try Pro-Evo afterall.

I live and die by them, gamerwise. It's really the only reason I own a platform at all. Every new addition takes some getting used to, but I'm really not feeling this demo.

Might have to try Pro-Evo afterall.
you keep saying you aren't feeling it. WHY???

Physical motion of the players. Doesn't feel as fluid - there's a whole lot more issue trying to weave the ball through tight spaces.

Additionally, all the new animations make it seem like it's more intent on looking pretty than being functionally sound. New controls need some getting used to (which is expected, but relatively unpleasant). And despite the more awkward motions, players still feel like their iceskating rather than tied to the ground.

This reminds me when Sim City came out, a couple of my IT friends spent the whole weekend in front of computer. I might kop soon, too busy right now to play video games since I know I will be sitting still for while

Any iOS gamers - Monument Valley just came out with an update. It's $2 on top of the original cost of the game, but that seems worth it. Levels seem interesting so far.

Kingdom Rush Origins is out next week. Definitely an instabuy

Been addicted to Banner Saga all night. This game is fantastic. Its on sale for $5 in the app store. Highly recommended.

Just battlefield 3 on XBOX360, its the only game I ever play. If anyone wants to play against a Lunatic please let me know.

Just picked up Oceanhorn for iOS. Holy shit this is amazing. It's like a perfect Zelda clone in modern day graphics. It's on sale for 1/2 off in the App Store. Recommended.

I have no idea what I just watched, but after watching a highlight of the DOTA2 championship, I want their announcer to work doing soccer highlights. This guy's fucking amazing.

I played Fallout Shelter. It entertained me for about three or four hours and I didn't spend a nickel. How do people make money these days?

It's all about in-app purchases

Out of boredom I downloaded some game lauded as Editor's Choice in the App Store. Every time you go on a mission you have the chance to watch an advert for bonus points during your mission. After about 7 or 8 missions, unless I spend money, I can't get supplies or salvaged items from the mission to repair weapons that apparently I need to go on further missions. I'm stuck. Except in 12 hours a supply drop or a scavenger mission might show up. Is this what games have come to? The adverts are long too - 30 seconds for a minor bonus?!?

I finished a video game on a video game console. 6 hours and I'm dazed. I feel like I did something stupidly repetitive for that entire time.

Xbox One updates - what is with the bloody updates? I only ever turn it on once every week or two - only had two back to back weekends where I was able to find time, but my console needs an update in the hundreds of megabytes or more. What's even worse is all my games need updating. I can perhaps understand the multiplayer ones like Call of Duty because there are security issues or cheaters or whatever - but I'm still poking at Fallout 4 for an hour or two every few weeks and every time I touch it after an update I get a 2.3 GB download.

Virtual Reality. Oculus. HTC. The Sony one. I thought you were paying $500-$1000 for a headset that is standalone. It looks like the headset is useless without a hefty PC.

I assumed this was the next evolution of Kinect/Wii/Move motion gaming, but to be honest most of the games look pretty boring. Fallout 4 comes to VR - is that supposed to make people happy in 2017?

Virtual Reality. Oculus. HTC. The Sony one. I thought you were paying $500-$1000 for a headset that is standalone. It looks like the headset is useless without a hefty PC.

I assumed this was the next evolution of Kinect/Wii/Move motion gaming, but to be honest most of the games look pretty boring. Fallout 4 comes to VR - is that supposed to make people happy in 2017?

You're underestimating it. Also, PSVR is $399, which I guess is less than your average weekly spending on alcohol?

You're underestimating it. Also, PSVR is $399, which I guess is less than your average weekly spending on alcohol?

But you need an interface hand gesture thing or gun thing and that costs money. Was it the Vive or one of them didn't even have headphones.

Well, I spent $400 on a dinner with a woman on Thursday. Reality or virtual reality? I prefer the former.

But you need an interface hand gesture thing or gun thing and that costs money. Was it the Vive or one of them didn't even have headphones.

Well, I spent $400 on a dinner with a woman on Thursday. Reality or virtual reality? I prefer the former.

VR will be the future of gaming, so you're going to have to shell out that 400 eventually. Might be smart to wait till the next generation though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom