WDYBT: What Did You Buy Today

My order from the Canadian China-made fetishwear purveyors came in, so I tried it all on for fit. Green herringbone tweed high-rise trousers and red/brown gun check field coat shown. Trousers are thicker and softer than my last pair. The coat is nice, but should have been lined. Also has a dangly waist cinch inside that I’m going to have to remove or find some way to shorten.

I also got an extra-slim fit white OCBD - sized down to fit well rather than my usual size-up to fit my neck: really nice slim fit now.

View attachment 45428
I don’t know if it’s the angle of the photo, the weight you’ve gained, or just the outfit, but you’re giving off STRONG middle-aged college professor vibes with this one.

I don’t know if it’s the angle of the photo, the weight you’ve gained,

Hmmm. Weight hasn’t changed and still a 32” waist but maybe I’ve lost a little muscle tone?

or just the outfit, but you’re giving off STRONG middle-aged college professor vibes with this one.

So I’ve graduated from alcoholic high school English teacher then? 🤣

Here’s the OCBD before a proper ironing. Love the fit on this thing - definitely hits above the price (sub $50):

E2A1DD11-DF66-4D46-93B2-7CC975E6131D.jpeg

One more of the field coat:

4C9BE093-BF47-4AB2-8B73-4E66E6BDFEBE.jpeg

Last edited:
Hmmm. Weight hasn’t changed and still a 32” waist but maybe I’ve lost a little muscle tone?

So I’ve graduated from alcoholic high school English teacher then? 🤣

Here’s the OCBD before a proper ironing. Love the fit on this thing - definitely hits above the price (sub $50):

View attachment 45430

One more of the field coat:

View attachment 45431
ok now i really hate this outfit.

I was surprised it wasn't sold out immediately. I was looking at prices last month and console was going for 800 on StockX

Just topped up on a few winter accessories for next year.

1- Borsalino cap (a modern take on the classic English cap). Would have preferred dark brown instead of grey.
2 - Dents gloves
3 - Ordered new dark worsted bespoke trousers from Lesser fabric.

20221213_200441.jpg

Nothing exciting, but the tacky Chinese Canadian BDSM folks are running a 20% sale so I picked-up more high rise beltless trousers and some sport shirts, all in earthy tones.

44CE20C9-9BBD-42D3-86FE-1077F4A6943D.jpeg

Added another order, with more high waisted trousers (VBC dark green high twist) and another half dozen various sport shirts (denim, ocbd, linen-cotton and chambray). That should replenish my office wardrobe for the post-pandemic era.

Screenshot_20230117-182346_Mercari-01.jpeg

Screenshot_20230117-182728_Mercari-01.jpeg

I needed something to wear upon the moors on chilly nights.

And on a related note, does anybody know where I could find me a nearby moor? Thanks.

Delivered...

20230119_123131-01.jpeg

20230119_123131-01-02.jpeg

And thank you too, Patti.
Come, jacket, inside where it's warm. And where you can be photographed, up close and in glorious Technicolor...

20230119_124448-02.jpeg

7EFFA13A-4007-4A4E-89FB-15432BDCCABF.jpeg

Buying clothes online after a few glasses of wine: it’s like Xmas opening up the boxes to see what you got 🤣

Pedowear for the campusView attachment 46132
Oh dear.

I have visions of no socks, tight skinny thin cotton very wrinkled chinos, finishing above ankles, patterned “fun” shirt untucked and pale blue tight, short bum freezer , skinny lapel sport “blazer” and all the women telling you it “Looks great” , “modern” , “youthful”

{{le sigh}}

Oh dear.

I have visions of no socks, tight skinny thin cotton very wrinkled chinos, finishing above ankles, patterned “fun” shirt untucked and pale blue tight, short bum freezer , skinny lapel sport “blazer” and all the women telling you it “Looks great” , “modern” , “youthful”

{{le sigh}}

Well don’t associate those little fantasies with me. Kthnxbai.

Bought some new casual shirts for spring and summer.

Made from cotton jersey, in light blue and navy.

image-25.jpeg

I bought a few ‘new without tags’ polos from eBay. Sunspel and Kent Wang. Will see if they really are new.

This wool/silk/linen gun check sport coat arrived this week. Lovely light weight for summer. I like the two lower patch pockets but the patch breast pocket bulges too much with a square. I wasn’t quite sure what trousers it would go with, but now I’m wondering what it won’t go with!

81F900E6-E468-4A08-A910-2A06F68DF449.jpeg

I bought a few ‘new without tags’ polos from eBay. Sunspel and Kent Wang. Will see if they really are new.

This wool/silk/linen gun check sport coat arrived this week. Lovely light weight for summer. I like the two lower patch pockets but the patch breast pocket bulges too much with a square. I wasn’t quite sure what trousers it would go with, but now I’m wondering what it won’t go with!

View attachment 46250
Now those patch pockets have been skilfully done.

Just ordered 6x2.5kg of San Marzano tomatoes. I just can‘t wait until summer.

Six cans? What do you do with them?
Mostly tomatoe sauce. I‘ll use one can instead of currently 4-5 of the small ones. I usually prepare large batches anyway. They will be gone before I can get local San Marzanos, I assume. I also use canned tomatoes for some other stuff, many greek dishes stifados etc. Those should be quite a bit better than the regular Mutti-type cans.

Is it legit San Marzano or Fugazi. Something like 90% of purportedly sold San Marzano are NOT.

Was it from Mutti?
It has no DOP on it, but nevertheless claims to be grown in Campania. I‘m fairly sure they will be of the San Marzano variety, because that is easy to see (whole tomatoes). I don’t care if it’s not DOP, as long as those are San Marzano. Even the one‘s grown locally (literally like 800m from where I live, in bad climate) are so much better than anything else grown locally or from the supermarket.

e. The producer/bottler is Solani

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom