WDYBT: What Did You Buy Today

I was just a lowly reserve soldier.

Combat Medics: 'The Louder You Scream, The Faster We Come!'.
 
A straw hat for Spring and some Church's suede chukkas. I got the last pair in my size at Henry Bucks. Might even get the green suede yet (only my size left also), but not sure.

272dd37e-0be0-405e-bb6d-806d3ae615cc_zpswr9xi5mm.jpg

4697844f-ffc7-4044-ac0c-9e5183996486_zpsgqr9onv8.jpg

3498bfa3-7b82-4bba-8f8a-c423cd2bf56a_zps9n0c3e3v.jpg

33e091dc-5e73-4b43-86f0-9b78a477eae1_zpstc2oacer.jpg





All of the other good shoos were sold out. No Edward Green and no old styled Church's. Some Japanese bloke blought them all. Lucky l never caught him doing it, l would have had serious words with him and told him what l thought. :areyoukiddingme:
 
Nice. Which regiment?

I hope that you're going to wear it with a bowler hat, tightly furled umbrella, and stiff upper lip!

View attachment 8800

Look at how messy all their trousers are. No nice balance at all, obviously rtw. Look at the bloke's trousers to the far right of the picture. :no: If l had those trouser fits l would be too embarrassed to be seen in public.
 
Just ordered these to blighty. Forgot about the inevitable customs stuff but still a good deal at 200 bucks and an OK exchange rate. Not 100% sure on the vibram sole, but I can always get them re soled in something more conservative at a later date.

vibram-sole-trail-oxford-peanut-pair_1.jpg
 
Yes, there is white stitching on the slot, I want to remove it and have a navy stitch blend in with it. This jacket was $12 at a thrift shop and it fits, one trip to my tailor and it is taken care of.
 
Not Samuelsohn then given the province. I used to own a really nice Samuelsohn made blazer that was similar (less the contrast stiching on the buttonhole) from a distance in a nice summerweight poplin that they've exported succesfully.
 
The boutinnere hole in the lapel. You referred to it as "the slot".

And here are some other details of the slots D'Avino. Look at the difference between the slots. The first slot is a slot normal while the neck is a slot to drop. This loop closure allows for a perfect, practical and aesthetic course.
And finally, take a look also at a particular neck intelato, ie without adhesives. For me it is very soft and the feeling when you are wearing it is unique. It seems back in 1940.
And here's a slot of my wrist cufflinks ... look how beautiful she is turgid. My wrist did make me are longer than normal.
 
Some recent stuff - vintage shoe trees

Vintage Florsheim shoe trees for my vintage Florsheims etc (always wanted to do that),
+ Woodlore shoe trees,
+ a 1930's vintage shoo tree.

Shoo%20trees%201_zpsghvctwjs.jpg


shoo%20trees%202_zpsemstywyr.jpg
 
Last edited:
Rick Owens goose down bomber
Rick Owens Motorcycle boots
Drkshdw padded bomber

I was going to ask you if you rode a motorcycle, because you bought a pair of motorcycle boots, but then I thought, well, you're not a bomber pilot and yet you've got a couple of bomber jackets so I suppose that you don't need a motorcycle to wear motorcycle boots!
 
Yoox had an extra 20% off today. Probably going to return an item or two. I want to figure out sizing for the current items since his pieces are cut slimmer now than before.
 
call me crazy but I have a pair of shoe trees for every set of shoes I own. How about you guys?
 
call me crazy but I have a pair of shoe trees for every set of shoes I own. How about you guys?

I used to, as I stocked up massively a few years back when Costco was selling four-packs of really good cedar shoe trees for some ridiculously low price and people were flogging off multiple packs on eBay cheaply.

However, after buying some more pairs of shoes over the past few years, I've actually now exceeded my supply of shoe trees and so I'll have to look around for a good deal on some more.
 
How is that even possible? You? Of ALL people???

Only one pair of Guidi actually fits me, and it's the slip ons in soft calf that probably doesn't need it.

My shoe game is so weak still. Luckily anything I might be interested in now will be cheaper than Guidi.
 
Only one pair of Guidi actually fits me, and it's the slip ons in soft calf that probably doesn't need it.

My shoe game is so weak still. Luckily anything I might be interested in now will be cheaper than Guidi.
So you only own one pair of boots? Do you wear sandals the rest of the time? What the fuck, Leland? Has this whole Ronny Railroad routine just been a huge scam?
 
I have a pair of Sorrel boots I never use, not that they really count anyways and they fit at least two sizes too large smh.

So zero boots so far and my last shoe purchase already got returned, wrong sizing. Starting to wonder if any maker can get proper sizing. But now I might need to buy a new dishwasher which will delay a shoe (should be boot) purchase.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom