WDYBT: What Did You Buy Today

really excited about your new railroad workers outfit. ill cross my fingers for you jacket and pants are almost the same shade. wasnt there a waist coat to optimize the look even further?

:ahahahaha::ahahahaha:

No matching or fake matching waistcoat unfortunately! But never know could pop up in the future!!
 
I bought some new airsoft shit, black elbow and knee pads and a nylon hip holster from ebay. I was thinking of buying an airsoft gun from japan that looks like a real rifle.
 
Last edited:
I didn't imply it is not versatile. But from what I can see, it has a mixture of brown/wine/burgundy hues.
 
I didn't imply it is not versatile. But from what I can see, it has a mixture of brown/wine/burgundy hues.
I don't know if it is because we have different shape of eyes or what, but I think I'm reading more or is it less? I don't know what I'm saying.
 
Sadly, I bought a cheap knock off of this at the thrift store for $7.
Expedition_ON_GREY.jpg
 
100% Cotton, from Old Navy. Saw it the other day and didn't get it, wore a J Crew sweater over the weekend and realiced it had a tear, so I went back and got this cheapo sweater.
 
That North Sea Clothing stuff looks really nice though, that and Fisherman out of Ireland, I have a sweater from them and it is by far the nicest casual sweater I've ever got my greasy paws on.
 
1. an extraordinarily serviceable Polo blazer. Brass buttons.
2. J Crew nantucket reds with a massively wide lower leg and a button fly.
3. Mid-century brown houndstooth check tweed jacket in about a 40S

In negotiation for a lusty houndstooth tweed Polo suit. Was quoted $40 and bit. Went to get cash, came back was told $100. I am sure I let me eagerness show as I dashed to the atm (I have to starting carrying cash). I'll settle in the future for $60 ideally.
 

Attachments

  • Tweed Suit.webp
    Tweed Suit.webp
    101.4 KB · Views: 156
1. an extraordinarily serviceable Polo blazer. Brass buttons.
2. J Crew nantucket reds with a massively wide lower leg and a button fly.
3. Mid-century brown houndstooth check tweed jacket in about a 40S

In negotiation for a lusty houndstooth tweed Polo suit. Was quoted $40 and bit. Went to get cash, came back was told $100. I am sure I let me eagerness show as I dashed to the atm (I have to starting carrying cash). I'll settle in the future for $60 ideally.
You kidding me? I would have told this guy to get fucked.
 
You kidding me? I would have told this guy to get fucked.

not kidding. was dumb of them. however, i want the suit and would be happy to pay $60 had that been what they quoted. so I am sure it'll settle for that.

we're not talking high level negotiations here.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The shirts fit fantastic, but the ironing of them is a huge pain in the ass. The oxfords are easier to iron though.
Which shirts do you find a challenge in ironing? I own 25-30 of their shirts, and other than the obvious issues with linen or blends of linen I don't have an issue at all.
 
Which shirts do you find a challenge in ironing? I own 25-30 of their shirts, and other than the obvious issues with linen or blends of linen I don't have an issue at all.

image-jpg.8552


that one, the oxford was not as bad.
 
I'm very tempted to buy some Kamakura gear, I love the website.
The store in NYC carries far more options in pocket squares and ties than they shoe on their website. Also belts, wallets (shell cordovan options), scarves, etc.
 
I bought wool dryer balls this weekend and used them today, the woman claimed they decrease drying time and remove static and wrinkles and it did work to remove static well.
I'm hoping to infuse some Cedar EO into the balls and see how well it scents stuff coming out of the dryer.
 
I bought wool dryer balls this weekend and used them today, the woman claimed they decrease drying time and remove static and wrinkles and it did work to remove static well.
I'm hoping to infuse some Cedar EO into the balls and see how well it scents stuff coming out of the dryer.
I have them as well and find they do a good job.
 
I bought wool dryer balls this weekend and used them today, the woman claimed they decrease drying time and remove static and wrinkles and it did work to remove static well.
I'm hoping to infuse some Cedar EO into the balls and see how well it scents stuff coming out of the dryer.
I actually have wrinkles ON my balls.
 
The shirts fit fantastic, but the ironing of them is a huge pain in the ass. The oxfords are easier to iron though.
I often see this on forums etc.

How is it possible to "have trouble ironing shirts"?

Can someone explain.
 
Fine tissue wrinkles when ironing. The delicate fabric crumples up ahead of the iron. Ever try removing the wrinkles that are ironed in?

I would also guess that most of the time guys buy cheap irons, or cheap ironing boards, or both.

There are some shirts that I always use a bit of spray starch.
 
I can't really understand how it's hard to iron shirts with an ordinary cheap ironing board and a medium priced iron. I do find it hard to say iron the back box pleat all the way down but I don't really try and generally make it about half the way down. Same problem with side pleats at back but I don't sweat it.

You blokes using a steam iron, a spray water bottle and an ironing cloth? Mostly I only use the iron.
 
I've had broadcloth shirts that would ripple up under the iron like crazy. Unless you have extra hands, you really can't maintain tension on the cloth as you iron. Oxford or the like that is not so sheer, much easier.
 
So i just got my first W vs G oxford and damn, perfect fit other than the sleeves. The shirt is super soft and the color is just incredible, for the price less than Kamakura, but with fabrics and fit better i cannot think of a better deal, i will order next a button down collar oxford

Mauro great shit

image.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom