We're Turning The Planet's To Shit: Climate Change & Humanity's Ability To Ruin Anything Good

A new UN report says we're on track for 2.5 degrees of warming, not the target 1.5. We need to reduce emissions by 45%, but we're headed for a 10% increase.​

That is extremely US-specific. E.g. >90% of one-way PET bottles are truly recycled (bottle-to-bottle) in plenty of countries, pretty much all of those with a deposit return system. US is changing though, there is lots of legislation coming in various states. Eg pretty sure Florida has started designing a deposit system (and other recycling infrastructure stuff)

A new UN report says we're on track for 2.5 degrees of warming, not the target 1.5. We need to reduce emissions by 45%, but we're headed for a 10% increase.​

Today the UN secretary said it is 2.8c. Inflation affecting everything.

This one isn't behind a pay wall but the one I read from the Globe basically says the salt lake will dry up in 5 years. If it does, there could be dust storms picking up arsenic from the lake bed and blowing it across North America. Conservation efforts would only solve about 15-20% of the annual shortfall never mind increase the lake's body.

Solutions involve trucking in water from the Pacific or digging deeper for ground water or sacrificing the northern saltier part and preserving the less salty lake with an active ecosystem. Not sure dumping more water in a climate that is constantly depleting it is a solution.

Next 5 years from 2021... hopefully it holds so my aunt can do her Antarctica cruise expedition thing in 2024.

way to go canada

Thruth Thruth did you have these fuckers out on the farm?
there are herds not that far away from my place.

this one was shot in 2016.

pat-martin-boar-st-brieux-saskatchewan.jpg

Only a new Chinese lab virus and selective extinction events targeted at homo sapiens will save us now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom