What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Agreed on Mando.

The Liberator was pretty good. Band of Brothers with some cool animation effects.

Started Love and Anarchy in the background while I did some reading and it seemed like a pretty ordinary office and romantic drama with an lead female who masturbates a lot.

Last edited:

Fwiffo

Supporter
Was Mandalorian was published episode by episode? Not that I have time to watch it all at once but it irks me.

Journeyman

Supporter
Was Mandalorian was published episode by episode?
Yes - I think that Disney was releasing a couple of episodes per week throughout most of the first season - one midweek and one on the midweek (although I may be wrong about the timing).

In any case, it wasn't released in a big dump so that people could binge-watch all at once.

Fwiffo

Supporter
It's a control thing. I barely have time or the attention span to watch one episode per sitting.

That said I am getting annoyed at Amazon Prime's adverts for their own shows. Amazon, Disney and Apple (most notorious) continue to up sell me. Didn't people use streaming services to get away from the cable television shenanigans?

Netflix so far is the only one where I trust I pay and I get the services I want.

Kingstonian

The Crown. Latest series. Entertaining. Nice scenery.

I remember the Queen first from her role as the stressed working mother in ‘Green Wing’. Not a major role and none of the best gags. But she has since gone from strength to strength. Dr. Statham and his lover the former Mrs.Brittas were outstanding :-

Last edited:

Pimpernel Smith

Just realised it came out.

Pimpernel Smith Pimpernel Smith will be unhappy his favourite character from the previous series is out.
Dickie? He gets blown up in the first episode. Nice jacket on too.

Watched the first two episodes yesterday. Good and a yawn in parts. Charles is too effete by far. It's hard to think he could be a hit with the ladies. Diana was good as was Thatcher except they had her voice as it was in 1976, before the took the affectation out.

Worse bit was the IRA diatribe over Dickie's funeral. But to be expected from the BBC.

Kingstonian

Watched the first two episodes yesterday. Good and a yawn in parts. Charles is too effete by far. It's hard to think he could be a hit with the ladies. Diana was good as was Thatcher except they had her voice as it was in 1976, before the took the affectation out.

Worse bit was the IRA diatribe over Dickie's funeral. But to be expected from the BBC.
The episode where Michael Fagan breaks into the Queen’s bedroom was very entertaining.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Valley of Tears is another excellent Israeli war drama. This one set in the 1973 Yom Kippur War.

Pimpernel Smith

The episode where Michael Fagan breaks into the Queen’s bedroom was very entertaining.
Watched that episode last night and considered it rather weak sub-Alan Bleasdale anti-Faaatcher milk snatcher propaganda.

The case for the Falklands war as a just war is strong and Michael Foot supported the war. Michael Fagan's MP was not the fictional Tory MP in the episode, but Labour's Bernie Grant.

Kingstonian

Watched that episode last night and considered it rather weak sub-Alan Bleasdale anti-Faaatcher milk snatcher propaganda.

The case for the Falklands war as a just war is strong and Michael Foot supported the war. Michael Fagan's MP was not the fictional Tory MP in the episode, but Labour's Bernie Grant.
It’s entertainment, not history. Fagan's visit to sign on were amusing. The Queen and Thatchers differing attitude to children was something put in to make the show. The idea of the Queen getting courtiers to prepare a one page summary of each of her children, their interests, hobbies and plans was an exaggeratedly funny way to suggest she was rather distant.

Fwiffo

Supporter

That's the opposite of what I would hear when I went over to my uni mate's farm for his annual Christmas gathering. His father was with the British Army in Belfast. Every Christmas...without fail.

Kingstonian

Is it the actor playing Prince Charles or does he really have horrible posture?
Maybe the actor was told to adopt the stoop to show unhappiness and a sense of the weight of the world on his shoulders. Prince Charles can and does stand up straight for much of the time.

Top Bottom