Why Are You Pissed Off Today?

What state /city would you prefer? What sort of work? Staffing is hard to find these days.
Probably Perth, but I wouldn’t rule out any of the other cities, except for the NT.

I had a couple of extra drinks last night and got hit by all that homesickness brought on by house-hunting here and seeing my cousin’s kids in Aus. I looked at some WA real estate listings and was actually surprised with what we could get now. It’s not that much higher than what we are looking at here.

I know that, at our ages, finding jobs at similar salaries would be next to impossible. Retiring to Aus in another 10-15 years is a lot more realistic.

trying to find someone to repair the front door. door companies don't want to do it because its a small job. carpenters don't want to do it because its a small job. they all say find a handyman. call a handyman and these bastards want $120 an hour plus a $75 service fee and are overcharging for materials.

Probably Perth, but I wouldn’t rule out any of the other cities, except for the NT.

I had a couple of extra drinks last night and got hit by all that homesickness brought on by house-hunting here and seeing my cousin’s kids in Aus. I looked at some WA real estate listings and was actually surprised with what we could get now. It’s not that much higher than what we are looking at here.

I know that, at our ages, finding jobs at similar salaries would be next to impossible. Retiring to Aus in another 10-15 years is a lot more realistic.
Perth??

I thought you meant a city.

trying to find someone to repair the front door. door companies don't want to do it because its a small job. carpenters don't want to do it because its a small job. they all say find a handyman. call a handyman and these bastards want $120 an hour plus a $75 service fee and are overcharging for materials.
DO it yourself...

That doesnt make sense - you got dual citizenship?

Yes. I also changed my name by deed poll when I was living the life of an international arms smuggler and soldier of fortune. So now I have a collection of old and expired ID documents in two names from two countries.

Sorting through it all with the local bureaucrats and re-establishing a legal identity there will be a PITA.

Yes. I also changed my name by deed poll when I was living the life of an international arms smuggler and soldier of fortune. So now I have a collection of old and expired ID documents in two names from two countries.

Sorting through it all with the local bureaucrats and re-establishing a legal identity there will be a PITA.
nah you'll be sweet mate - digger.

These days with online shit you'll be able to sort it easy - start now - BEFORE you need to. USA isn't (quite) our enemy (yet)

One of my brothers lives in Scotland - oil - hes got passports coming out his ears, OZ, EU, UK - plus copies as he needs separate ones to go between Israel and Arab countries - so each mob doesn't see the stamps of where hes been - weird hey !!!!

I think you're not allowed to go to Israel if you went to Iran and vice versa with a single passport.

Birth certificate? Or if that doesn’t exist in your country, surely the hospital where you were born has records. And if that doesn’t help, if you have been baptized, the churches never forget!

Birth certificate? Or if that doesn’t exist in your country, surely the hospital where you were born has records. And if that doesn’t help, if you have been baptized, the churches never forget!

I do have a tortuous trail of documents to prove my identity there, but it would be too much for a lowly passport agent at the embassy here to deal with. Fifteen years ago it was all super-shady and had me on every secret watch list, but hopefully in this age of trans ‘dead names’ it’s a little less confusing and unusual.

it would be too much for a lowly passport agent at the embassy here to deal with.
Probably best to try “at home” (place of birth) if/once you are on vacation… don’t know about Australia but plenty of other countries’ embassies/consulate are indeed not very helpful in such matters.

It’s not the door it’s the door frame. A new door and frame costs $7000 here.
:o
Frames aren't that hard to fix - what the frame has gone out of true?

re costs - USA is weird - t o me - some prices/costs seem to be way cheaper others mad.

I was just reading an article pointing out how RCAC split systems*, purchase and installation, are about half the cost in Oz compared to USA - I thing Dropbear Dropbear had a post of costs a while back.

*Single-Head Mini-Split Heat Pumps in USA speak

:o
Frames aren't that hard to fix - what the frame has gone out of true?

re costs - USA is weird - t o me - some prices/costs seem to be way cheaper others mad.

I was just reading an article pointing out how RCAC split systems*, purchase and installation, are about half the cost in Oz compared to USA - I thing Dropbear Dropbear had a post of costs a while back.

*Single-Head Mini-Split Heat Pumps in USA speak
Grand Potentate Grand Potentate might have a grand Mar A Lago reception hall.

Been feeling like crap since my workout this morning. I hope I don’t have Wuhan again.

You went to lunch with your aunt. Why take the chance?

That's a good question. I still feel like crap but managed to crawl to the gym every day. I've switched from medicating with alcohol to over the counter drugs and clove cigarettes.

She's on her ski adventure now.

I blame all those bloody kids at the museum on Friday.

Yeah - it's their fault. Now I'm going to have to breathe bacteria or virus on my mate's birthday lunch tomorrow.

It's not coronavirus. Did my weight circuit today and felt great until 10am. Going to buy some pre-rolls.

I want to buy Hiltl Milano-U flannel trousers and I want to buy them NOW

Yes but I want it NOW. I hardly ever buy clothes online, but I thought the idea was you get everything immediately. I didn’t even find leftover pieces in odd sizes.

AC went out today. ac guy managed to fix it after two trips and a few hours. what pissed me off, other than the heat, was finding out that the price of new units is now up to about $8k. this is up from $6k last year and $4500/5000 before the pandemic. this on the back of finding out it would cost $4k to upgrade the copper wiring and get a new breaker box to get 200A service in the house. this is completely fucking insane and i have no idea how regular people are able to maintain a home at this point.

AC went out today. ac guy managed to fix it after two trips and a few hours. what pissed me off, other than the heat, was finding out that the price of new units is now up to about $8k. this is up from $6k last year and $4500/5000 before the pandemic. this on the back of finding out it would cost $4k to upgrade the copper wiring and get a new breaker box to get 200A service in the house. this is completely fucking insane and i have no idea how regular people are able to maintain a home at this point.
This is ducted I assume? Not a regular split system?

This is good. I just figured out how an acquisition announced yesterday affected me 6 months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom