Why Are You Pissed Off Today?

Almost had to take my father to the hospital again last week...

I went to a bar yesterday and had Heineken 0.0. Paid $11.25 for fried zucchini - which was wet underneath the batter, $10 for fried mozzarella, and $10 for fried potato.

My digestion system was not happy. Funny when I fry my own stuff, I seem okay. Maybe it's the oil people use or how long they keep reusing it. KFC nearly killed me in the past.

I went to a bar yesterday and had Heineken 0.0. Paid $11.25 for fried zucchini - which was wet underneath the batter, $10 for fried mozzarella, and $10 for fried potato.

My digestion system was not happy. Funny when I fry my own stuff, I seem okay. Maybe it's the oil people use or how long they keep reusing it. KFC nearly killed me in the past.
I thought it was just me. My digestion system is rock solid. I spent 6 months in rural India with no indoor plumbing. Lived on street food in China and parts of Africa for a while.

Lately though, the very very few times a year, I am forced to eat out, particularly 'sautéed/fried' meals, I am in considerable discomfort.

I thought it was just me. My digestion system is rock solid. I spent 6 months in rural India with no indoor plumbing. Lived on street food in China and parts of Africa for a while.

Lately though, the very very few times a year, I am forced to eat out, particularly 'sautéed/fried' meals, I am in considerable discomfort.

My father sees it as compromise, decline, and failure but I try to choose to eat and live in a way where I can get as much productive/effective hours in my life as possible.

Squirming around and always having an idea where the closest toilet is located the day after is not my idea of that.

It's simple stuff and probably other than the zucchini all store bought frozen or pre-made and then frozen. I did try some weird red salsa dip and a mayonnaise that was in a plastic cup that seemed like it was frozen before or thinned with sour cream and then frozen to thicken it up.

X-ray + Ultrasound and now my father is back for an MRI. He's going to be a cripple soon.

Need another follow up after my ultrasound. I'm starting to use all that "free" health care I banked with the government since my last physical when I was a teen.

Need another follow up after my ultrasound. I'm starting to use all that "free" health care I banked with the government since my last physical when I was a teen.
That’s what they all do it doesn’t mean anything in particular

That’s what they all do it doesn’t mean anything in particular

It reads "the clinician" (not the organisation that did my ultrasound) sees an issue, please book the doctor for a follow up.

Of course I understand every 15 minute consult is $77.xx for them.

It reads "the clinician" (not the organisation that did my ultrasound) sees an issue, please book the doctor for a follow up.

Of course I understand every 15 minute consult is $77.xx for them.
Again, doesn’t mean much. They always see something to talk about

It's -1c and I'm literally squirming in my seat to generate some heat. This wasn't a problem when I was obese in 2021.

Made a four course Italian dinner at my aunt's house. Started losing my taste sense on the second day of cooking because of this idiotic cold.

Ranking my 5 colds/flus from worst to tolerable:

1. Black Friday cold/flu that went on for 2 1/2 weeks
2. February cold
3. Christmas to New Year's cold
4. October cold
5. January cold

I had a 50% off ticket to Chekhov's Uncle Vanya. Got up - heaved up my fistful of phlegm before I went to the gym. Generated more when I was working out. Now it looks like I'll have to give up going to the matinee performance this afternoon so people's grannies, grandpas and other random seniors have a chance to make it to Easter.

Got this email from the new property management company today:

Many of you are wondering why your new Board of Directors has not held a meeting since the December election.

The reason is simple. Board President, 'new lady' has received five death threats since the election.
These threats demand that her resignation under penalty of DEATH. . Mrs. 'new lady' received two telephone death threats and three written death threats.
The most recent death threat was sent via United States Mail and said that our President would be dead withing “Five Days”.
Furthermore, 'new lady' was physically attacked and injured while on 'street in community' directly behind 'street in community' on January 14th 2024. For the safety of our President and the board members as well as our residents there is no immediate meetings scheduled for this time.
In consideration of future venues insurance and security must be provided.
These acts profoundly interfere with the orderly running of our Association.
Federal Authorities and the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office are investigating these crimes.
Since the threats are related to our President official duties, the Association will absorb the cost of security for Mrs. 'new lady'.
Your help is vital to ensuring that the perpetrator(s) of these criminal acts face Justice.
Have you seen or heard anything. Anyone with information regarding these threats is urged to contact the United States Postal Inspectors or the Palm Beach county Sheriff’s office 561-687-6510.

Last edited:
Spelling mistakes - withing. There are grammatical mistakes - "there is no immediate meetings", "our President official duties". Palm Beach County is capitalised and then county is in lowercase in the last sentence. Not quite sure why Justice needs to capitalised, or for that matter Federal Authorities, or President if it isn't Biden.

Also y'all call it United States Postal Service (USPS)?

Got this email from the new property management company today:
If true its awful. But.

I don't know the company or Owners Corporation (as they are called here) law but here a meeting can be held electronically -and was often in Covid. Electronically means by email - circular motions, text, phone calls or Zoom/ Teams etc

If true its awful. But.

I don't know the company or Owners Corporation (as they are called here) law but here a meeting can be held electronically -and was often in Covid. Electronically means by email - circular motions, text, phone calls or Zoom/ Teams etc
they offer them on zoom already!

I lost another kilogram. Went from 69 going into New Year's Day to 63.5. I'm not even trying....

I asked the doctor 1kg ago whether this constituted as rapid weight loss and she gave me more blood tests.

And she said don't get the blood test when you're ill and my 5th cold in 5 months that started before President's Day weekend is still going on. Hopefully I'm in the clear by this Friday.
remind me again if you've tested for covid?

have you had covid previously?

remind me again if you've tested for covid?

have you had covid previously?

I tested 2 weeks ago with the last of my rapid tests. Negative. This feels more now like the 2 1/2 week phlegms-ga-bord that I caught on Black Friday. Either my blood test results are showing I have some kind of chronic inflammation/disease somewhere outside my abdomen or I'm overtraining and not taking enough rest days from the gym. The latter doesn't make sense because I maintained this regimen through all of 2023 until this past October.

Yes to the second question - BA2 back in May 2022.

I tested 2 weeks ago with the last of my rapid tests. Negative. This feels more now like the 2 1/2 week phlegms-ga-bord that I caught on Black Friday. Either my blood test results are showing I have some kind of chronic inflammation/disease somewhere outside my abdomen or I'm overtraining and not taking enough rest days from the gym. The latter doesn't make sense because I maintained this regimen through all of 2023 until this past October.

I would run another test. This new strain is not showing until 4-5 days after symptom start for many people. Those that have been infected with covid are finding they're more susceptible to future infection of any kind and are complaining of getting sick more often. It could be that, or it could be you've developed some vitamin/mineral deficiencies in your advanced age.

Over training rarely leads to rapid weight loss. I’d discard that theory

Too skinny.

Hence it's in the pissed off thread. The first 2kg I could say it's body fat because the chest for my jackets and my over enlarged thighs for my fitted trousers were still tight. Now everything is getting loose.

Over training rarely leads to rapid weight loss. I’d discard that theory

I meant the constant colds. I know what's causing the weight loss but the amount I lost is higher and quicker than I thought. Plus I don't really know how to get it back.

Hence it's in the pissed off thread. The first 2kg I could say it's body fat because the chest for my jackets and my over enlarged thighs for my fitted trousers were still tight. Now everything is getting loose.

I hope you get the tests done soon. It’s an alarming rate of weight loss!

I think I need younger friends. All these people and their commitments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom