Why Are You Pissed Off Today?

Not only did my hometown club lose in the final but my upgrades didn't clear at the gate and I'm sitting in the back of this plane with the proletariat.

Not only did my hometown club lose in the final but my upgrades didn't clear at the gate and I'm sitting in the back of this plane with the proletariat.

I'm going to try and get an upgrade flying back from Johannesburg. Can't stand night flights at the best of times and I couldn't even get the extra room seats.

I flew KLM business to Dulles and economy on the way back. Other than the size of the reclining seats the deterioration in the quality of the food and wine was most noticeable in business. Mind you, they did have a decent negroni cocktail from Bols. But not worth the nearly 3 grand they were charging.

I'm going to try and get an upgrade flying back from Johannesburg. Can't stand night flights at the best of times and I couldn't even get the extra room seats.

I flew KLM business to Dulles and economy on the way back. Other than the size of the reclining seats the deterioration in the quality of the food and wine was most noticeable in business. Mind you, they did have a decent negroni cocktail from Bols. But not worth the nearly 3 grand they were charging.

My upgrades expire at the end of February so I am trying to use them. I reckon the only personal trip I will make is to London before March. I don't ever check my luggage so boarding first and having a place to toss my bag is worth it. Let's see how I fare on my trip back.

LH business class food is horrible transatlantic and after service is over they ignore you. Only good one was the upper deck of the 747 and that was because you had a steward and stewardess dedicated to your section so there wasn't a place for them to hide. I assume all the perks are in first class.

AC at least tries to feed you alcohol till you pass out in a stupor. They just don't have very good alcohol but they have a cheese course.

AC at least tries to feed you alcohol till you pass out in a stupor. They just don't have very good alcohol but they have a cheese course.

If all else fails, why not fly Delta: the crew are all large and close to retirement age, but as it's pay as you go you can drown yourself in alcohol and I found them quite attentive to me last time.

KLM business class use to be good back from Almaty back in the middle 2000's.

Some of the ageing bankers and shareholders I'm involved in with can remember the good old days of the jet set: piano bars, everyone dressing like it was an event and stewardesses you could ask out for a date.

One of the times I flew back on a jumbo from Beijing we were about to land in a storm, they kept on bringing me Cognac and I couldn't quite grasp it until we were one of the last planes to land in a severe storm. The last twenty minutes would have been unbearable sober.

new away kit

Screenshot_2019-11-13 Des Fußballbundes neue Wäsch'.png

excellent, would like to see pictures.

Some of the ageing bankers and shareholders I'm involved in with can remember the good old days of the jet set: piano bars, everyone dressing like it was an event and stewardesses you could ask out for a date.

Still not able to use my upgrades. 20 something plus people on standby to upgrade. I used my lounge pass and realised at YVR the only hot food was frozen pizza and salty soups. Whisky and wine choices severely lacking.

It makes you wonder why people bother to maintain status.

The only redeeming thing is I was on a 787 with 3x3x3 seating and an empty middle seat instead of some Airbus with 3x4x3 seating.

Last edited:
I missed the every 15 minute airport train because this one bloke wouldn't f@cking move. First he got up and into the aisle and collected his carry on. In front of him is an exit row and the bathroom. He wouldn't for some inexplicable reason move up the aisle to queue behind the next cabin. Instead he chose to stand there waiting until the very last people in the next cabin started exiting. He bent over to ask the exit row couple whether they were going. I reckon the seniors were waiting for a wheelchair.

Then as he was leaving plane through the tunnel he decided to walk in the centre rather than make two lanes. Bloody wanker made me miss my train by 20 seconds. Must be these west coast types who have all the time in the world to meander on in life. If I see him on this train I'm going to ask him to pay for lost time back.

I called early November for an appointment with a dermatologist in the clinic downstairs where I live. They said appointments are for Monday and Tuesday otherwise the dermatologist is in on Saturdays with a walk in basis. I am obviously travelling for work or in the village where my office is on weekdays so I can only ring Saturday and hope I get a time.

I finally figure out I will be in town on 2nd December so I request an appointment for that morning. I get a call back saying they don't open the next month's schedule until the 1st day of the month. Please call on Monday 1st December she says. I said Monday is 2nd December so you're asking me to literally call 24 hours ahead and hope I get an appointment.

The receptionist then says "Nooo, there are 31 days in November."

I replied, "I'm looking at the calendar now and 2nd December is a Monday and 1st is a Sunday."

"Sir, there are 31 days in November. We are open Sunday anyway so just call us."

Actually, Paul Simon wrote a song about those dermatology problems:

But shucks, that ain't 'nuthin! Just got nearly Euro 400 in speeding fines. All three of them!

you were itching to see the dermatologist?

I have this acne or pimple that hasn't gone away in 3 months in spite of benzyl peroxide which usually clears things up for me.

I also wanted to get a baseline blood test of all my hormones to see where I'm at before I consider propecia. I know what I want from the blood test but you can't apparently order a blood test here without a doctor.

I'm going to have to find a new commute route to work if I am to get there slightly before 9 from the city. The buses have changed their routes next month where it will overshoot my office and then come back.

Of course I have to blow up the whole thing by July anyway as my office is moving.

What a f@cking horrible day that finally ended after 12 hours.

Grand Potentate Grand Potentate Thruth Thruth doghouse

alright, there is an active member around, who is hacking accounts, right? he get's away with it, right? sometimes, it feels like it is wanted, right?

actually, this should be a delicate situation, but it is obviously not, right?

au contraire, you guys call me out as the aggressor and I disturb the harmony of the forum, right?

I really wish you well with this strategy. it is one of a kind, period.

btw, I do and will not follow any of foxes advices, this shit is just too plain stupid and/or low-key, sorry for that.

I can see a "sabbatical" from DW as my interests are not covered and my interests in a clothing forum with a social affairs department are contrary to the rest of the audience.

my last island would be the "what's on your plate"- thread as I had pita with graved salmon and poured me cremant brut rose. probably not the pedestrian taste of some around here. maybe the only thing doghouse and I agree on. self-employment gives you the freedom of good-food, instant gratifications and lots of fun. check that out guys.

ps: my former editor-in-chief died from a stroke at 74. not the nicest thing to be informed about on monday morning. this really sucks.

alright, there is an active member around, who is hacking accounts, right? he get's away with it, right? sometimes, it feels like it is wanted, right?

au contraire, you guys call me out as the aggressor and I disturb the harmony of the forum, right?

btw, I do and will not follow any of foxes advices, this shit is just too plain stupid and/or low-key, sorry for that.

I can see a "sabbatical" from DW as my interests are not covered and my interests in a clothing forum with a social affairs department are contrary to the rest of the audience.

my last island would be the "what's on your plate"- thread as I had pita with graved salmon and poured me cremant brut rose. probably not the pedestrian taste of some around here. maybe the only thing doghouse and I agree on. self-employment gives you the freedom of good-food, instant gratifications and lots of fun. check that out guys.

ps: my former editor-in-chief died from a stroke at 74. not the nicest thing to be informed about on monday morning. this really sucks.

Is there an active member hacking your account and posting things that have never been posted before?

Do you not remember PM conversations a year ago, maybe more where you were told to change your DW and SF passwords because you were being hacked but blew it off?

Have you see the original euros on here anymore? No, they left because of the moderation, no?

Has ASSHAT posted anything new or unique that demonstrates that he is actively hacking your account?

Why should that matter if you change your passwords?

You came back with an axe to grind. An ox to gore.

Out of the blue, you slag a bunch of people and then play victim?

what precipitated that?

Mate. Leave me out of your drama. If someone is hacking accounts, report that shit. If you don’t like the outcome, then move on.

Here we go again! What's your fucking problem? You came in here last week trying to start some shit about PKL/LPK/whoever by digging up a half year old post on another forum but noone decided to bite while telling you off. Then went on to talk about having been stood up fucking four years ago while insulting his wife and work and some other shit. Who are you? Some little bitch or what? Just fuck off! If you have anything to discuss with him do it via Instagram or whatever platform you can reach him on, but take your personal crap out of here. Noone gives a shit! He seems to have gotten under your skin somehow but I doubt he gives half as many fucks about you as you do about him.

I feel alone if my mobile isn't flashing like crazy with people and if I am not surrounded by people at a bar on Friday night. Pochemu?

Advice to self - never practise for the full 20-25 minute allotment if you are the last section before commercials in a sales pitch. Everyone ahead of you runs over and you get 5 minutes and you're rushed to cut to the $$$ at the end

You know what I hate? Being fed false information, making a statement with that false information and having to backtrack on it later. Who the f@ck does that?

There have been at least seven scares for coronavirus at my workplace for the past three weeks.

This latest one is probably the scariest as the person has symptoms and was with someone who was confirmed infected.

There have been at least seven scares for coronavirus at my workplace for the past three weeks.

This latest one is probably the scariest as the person has symptoms and was with someone who was confirmed infected.
are you taking precautions?

I’m sick of hearing people complaining about being bored stuck at home with nothing do all day.

sanitizing. wearing protective gear. practicing good hygiene.

Well I have other issues like my 70ish year old parents. I'm in the middle of an office environment of 650 on a single floor with open concept except for my windowless office and frequent scares of people being potentially infected with coronavirus.

I’m sick of hearing people complaining about being bored stuck at home with nothing do all day.

They should trade with me. I am finishing a 14 1/2 hour work day. All of it related to coronavirus. I'd love to be bored and going mental at home with a bottle of hard liquor.

It looks like the hotel next door to my office is closing next week. What the f@ck. I'm giving you money. Open.

This f*cking coronavirus made my hometown into a surreal and barren dystopia. How is this international lock down sustainable? Billions and billions if not trillions of handouts every month. Just so we can protect the what - 500k....10m...500m people who are born weak, immunocompromised, or sitting in a seniors home on their way out. When we get through this, and we only have 1m people die, but hey 1b more people are in poverty and 300m starved to death, is it really that hard to do the math? We're a healthier society but wait, the entire society, government and economy collapsed but hey some more people survived than normal.

This f*cking coronavirus made my hometown into a surreal and barren dystopia. How is this international lock down sustainable?

Basically, modern societies don't like people dying. Back in the 1918-19 flu epidemic, we couldn't do much to stop it, so many millions of people died.

The problem is that many more people with coronavirus appear to need hospitalisation than is the case with the seasonal flu and it's often not just for a day or two, but a few weeks. So if numbers of coronavirus patients rise, the health system can very quickly find itself overwhelmed and, of course, if that happens then it cannot provide care for people and deaths suddenly increase as people cannot be treated.

This is the reason behind the measures we are currently seeing - by adopting these measures, we are attempting to prevent coronavirus numbers from spiking so that our health systems are not overwhelmed and people do not end up dying of coronavirus because they cannot get the care they need.

As you say, perhaps we could adopt a "rational" approach, tell elderly people to stay indoors and self-isolate, let others circulate and take the deaths as a "reasonable cost" of maintaining the economy. Most people, however, would be repulsed by that approach as they would perceive it as too cold and calculating.

This f*cking coronavirus made my hometown into a surreal and barren dystopia. How is this international lock down sustainable? Billions and billions if not trillions of handouts every month. Just so we can protect the what - 500k....10m...500m people who are born weak, immunocompromised, or sitting in a seniors home on their way out. When we get through this, and we only have 1m people die, but hey 1b more people are in poverty and 300m starved to death, is it really that hard to do the math? We're a healthier society but wait, the entire society, government and economy collapsed but hey some more people survived than normal.

But this isn't the flu. And what is this strain circulating and mutating in the Veneto region?

Basically, modern societies don't like people dying. Back in the 1918-19 flu epidemic, we couldn't do much to stop it, so many millions of people died.

The problem is that many more people with coronavirus appear to need hospitalisation than is the case with the seasonal flu and it's often not just for a day or two, but a few weeks. So if numbers of coronavirus patients rise, the health system can very quickly find itself overwhelmed and, of course, if that happens then it cannot provide care for people and deaths suddenly increase as people cannot be treated.

This is the reason behind the measures we are currently seeing - by adopting these measures, we are attempting to prevent coronavirus numbers from spiking so that our health systems are not overwhelmed and people do not end up dying of coronavirus because they cannot get the care they need.

As you say, perhaps we could adopt a "rational" approach, tell elderly people to stay indoors and self-isolate, let others circulate and take the deaths as a "reasonable cost" of maintaining the economy. Most people, however, would be repulsed by that approach as they would perceive it as too cold and calculating.

There is no rational flu like approach for this virus, this is completely new and may yet alter mankind's/peoplekind's destiny for years ahead.

Fwiffo is willing to give his life for the economy.

Fwiffo is the Canadian economy. Back in the war people got medals for what he is doing.

Take away Trudeau's hair do and appeal to post-menopausal women, Fwiffo could quite rightly get into politics.

Fwiffo is willing to give his life for the economy.

My life? I'm not a senior citizen mate. I'm not going to die from a cold.

I'm willing to carry on some semblance of life which means the thousand plus people in the firm can still work and be employed. It means Uber gets some money every day delivering me lunch because every bloody place around me is closed to walk in takeaway. It means rail and subway operators continue to benefit from my patronage. It means the cleaning lady, evening security folks, and others continue to have employment.

That said I'm getting tired of people saying whenever I leave my flat an elderly passes or a vulnerable person succumbs to coronavirus.

Journeyman, I understand how spreading infections out will flatten the curve so more people can get on to precious ventilators and have a chance to survive. I'm proposing spiking the curve so we get on with our lives. Some innocent people might die but they might have died getting into a motor vehicle accident on their way to work, eating too many fatty foods, or getting beaten by hooligans on the street. Who the hell knows. I do know flattening the curve so much that we have a definite & certain low grade fever for two years as a collective society is not the way to live.

It's all about numbers and metrics. I feel like Robert McNamara of the Vietnam numbers driven attrition camapign should be resurrected to look at this because the numbers don't lie.

No one wants the second plague or Spanish flu. But we aren't unleashing the virus on people in the hopes of collecting antibodies for a vaccine. We are literally shutting ourselves into isolation hoping the ill recover and stop infecting others, the weak die off, and God willing no new infections happen by X month. Whatever misery that is happening is by our own volition. That's the tragedy of it.

But this isn't the flu. And what is this strain circulating and mutating in the Veneto region?

Fwiffo is the Canadian economy. Back in the war people got medals for what he is doing.

Take away Trudeau's hair do and appeal to post-menopausal women, Fwiffo could quite rightly get into politics.

I never said it was merely the common flu. I am saying 3% or 5% of the people dying is still better than 20% more into poverty, 7% dying of starvation and violence from civil unrest once the phony bread & circus subsidies from governments run out and the 70% of us who are underemployed or dipping unnecessarily into our savings to put food on the table.

Thruth will run just to make sure a man of my political stripe doesn't get anywhere near a position of power - starting with local school trustee.

My life? I'm not a senior citizen mate. I'm not going to die from a cold.

I'm willing to carry on some semblance of life which means the thousand plus people in the firm can still work and be employed. It means Uber gets some money every day delivering me lunch because every bloody place around me is closed to walk in takeaway. It means rail and subway operators continue to benefit from my patronage. It means the cleaning lady, evening security folks, and others continue to have employment.

That said I'm getting tired of people saying whenever I leave my flat an elderly passes or a vulnerable person succumbs to coronavirus.

Journeyman, I understand how spreading infections out will flatten the curve so more people can get on to precious ventilators and have a chance to survive. I'm proposing spiking the curve so we get on with our lives. Some innocent people might die but they might have died getting into a motor vehicle accident on their way to work, eating too many fatty foods, or getting beaten by hooligans on the street. Who the hell knows. I do know flattening the curve so much that we have a definite & certain low grade fever for two years as a collective society is not the way to live.

It's all about numbers and metrics. I feel like Robert McNamara of the Vietnam numbers driven attrition camapign should be resurrected to look at this because the numbers don't lie.

No one wants the second plague or Spanish flu. But we aren't unleashing the virus on people in the hopes of collecting antibodies for a vaccine. We are literally shutting ourselves into isolation hoping the ill recover and stop infecting others, the weak die off, and God willing no new infections happen by X month. Whatever misery that is happening is by our own volition. That's the tragedy of it.

I never said it was merely the common flu. I am saying 3% or 5% of the people dying is still better than 20% more into poverty, 7% dying of starvation and violence from civil unrest once the phony bread & circus subsidies from governments run out and the 70% of us who are underemployed or dipping unnecessarily into our savings to put food on the table.

Thruth will run just to make sure a man of my political stripe doesn't get anywhere near a position of power - starting with local school trustee.

No Fwiffs I wouldn’t. A colleague of mine is the provincial NDP leader. I’m not going to run for the provincial conservative leadership to run against him just because he is a socialist. He may even win given it is time for a change of government after 10 years of sanity.

Just be careful if you run and your comments of having to dip into your savings for Uber eats, high end liquor and your gourmet cooking are going to come out in association with you identifying with the significantly impacted downtrodden people in society.

No Fwiffs I wouldn’t. A colleague of mine is the provincial NDP leader. I’m not going to run for the provincial conservative leadership to run against him just because he is a socialist. He may even win given it is time for a change of government after 10 years of sanity.

Just be careful if you run and your comments of having to dip into your savings for Uber eats, high end liquor and your gourmet cooking are going to come out in association with you identifying with the significantly impacted downtrodden people in society.

I'm the son of immigrants who came here with nothing and what I have now is completely due to my own merit. I don't have anything to hide, but I do know you disapprove of my political leanings.

Still can't sleep properly. In the last 4 weeks and maybe more, getting about 4-5 hours max a night. Exception being last Thursday and Friday where I managed to get a full night's sleep. Now I'm have a rumbullion and being attacked by the first mosquito of the season. Already got me on the back of my neck and ankle.

Still can't sleep properly. In the last 4 weeks and maybe more, getting about 4-5 hours max a night. Exception being last Thursday and Friday where I managed to get a full night's sleep. Now I'm have a rumbullion and being attacked by the first mosquito of the season. Already got me on the back of my neck and ankle.

Probably has something to do with being locked up in your home. You should go to the office like me and work at a standing desk for 11 hours or more. Then you're completely knackered by the time you come home.

The nightmare of I'm infected so what should I do plays over and over. That and the redundancies we have to take at work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom